The Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Sunday asked the Centre and Jammu and Kashmir government to announce a "time-bound" plan for relief and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley.
Jammu and Kashmir unit of CPI(M) today asked Central and the state governments to clear confusion created by their "contradictory statements" on rehabilitation of displaced Kashmiri Pandits in the Valley.
Ignoring calls for poll boycott and braving the cold weather, over 27 percent of the electorate on Tuesday exercised their franchise till noon in 16 constituencies of Jammu and Kashmir.
BJP on Monday hit out at the Punjab government led by its ally SAD, alleging that while the state ignored the martyrdom of soldiers, it "wasted precious money" on performances by film actors.
Even as the first phase of the five-phased Assembly elections in Jammu and Kashmir is just about a week away, political parties here are yet to bring out manifestos outlining their poll agenda and policies for the state.
Seeking a decisive mandate in the forthcoming assembly elections in Jammu and Kashmir, a PDP MLA today asked the people to make the state free from National Conference.
Ruling National Conference president Farooq Abdullah on Monday asked the Centre to accept international aid for reconstruction of flood-ravaged Jammu and Kashmir.
Jammu and Kashmir BJP on Friday submitted a memorandum to Prime Minister Narendra Modi with a clutch of demands, including Rs five lakh ex-gratia payment for the kin of those killed in Pakistan firing and construction of safe shelter camps for border migrants.
In a major relief for civil services aspirants from Jammu and Kashmir, the Government has extended till next year-end the upper age limit relaxation for the residents of the state to take the examination.
Union Minister Jitendra Singh, who concluded his two-day visit to the district on Saturday, announced setting up of a degree college, very high frequency tower and facility of medical ambulance for the remotest Paddar-Machail mountainous belt of Kishtwar district.
Jammu and Kashmir's sensitive border district of Poonch has been badly hit in terms of road connectivity as nearly 200 roads have been damaged in the recent floods.
In a step that can lead to confrontation with the Centre, the Jammu and Kashmir assembly, Thursday, has passed a resolution that urges the government of India to resume talks with Pakistan.
Members in the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly on Tuesday expressed concern over the loss of lives and hardships caused to people in the wake of ceasefire violations by Pakistani troops and asked the state government to provide immediate relief to the affected.
An army jawan and a militant were killed on Monday in two ongoing anti-militancy operations in Jammu and Kashmir`s Kupwara district.
Security forces have busted two militant hideouts in Bandipora and Kupwara districts of Kashmir and recovered arms and ammunition, an Army spokesman said on Thursday.
Security forces have unearthed a militant hideout and recovered a cache of arms and ammunition in Bandipora districts of Kashmir, an Army spokesman said on Thursday.
There was no fresh ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops along the Line of Control and International Border in Jammu and Kashmir since last evening.
In yet another ceasefire violation along the Indo-Pak border, Pakistani troops carried out unprovoked firing at Mendar district of Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday.
BJP President Amit Shah has made party general secretary J P Nadda the election in-charge of Jammu and Kashmir where the Assembly election is due to be held early next year.
Congress on Tuesday agreed with PM Narendra Modi`s remarks that Pakistan was waging a "proxy war" against India but attacked him at the same time over the instances of ceasefire violations.
Expressing dissatisfaction over slow pace of construction work on the multi-crore Financial Complex by Jammu Development Authority (JDA), state Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather on Tuesday gave a two-month deadline for completion of the project which has been delayed by over 8 months.
The number of militants operating in Jammu and Kashmir has decreased considerably since 1995 and currently around 200 are active in the state, Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Expressing desire to bring about permanent solution to the Kashmir issue, the Government on Monday night said it is willing to have any dialogue under the ambit of `insaniyat` (humanity).
Police have registered a case against TRS MP and daughter of Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, K Kavitha, for her alleged comments on Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Tuesday said no one from the state has gone to West Asia to join the jihadist group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.
Jammu police on Tuesday said another person was nabbed along with the two alleged pro-Khalistan terrorists arrested by Punjab Police after it busted a joint terror-module of Pakistan-based militant outfits here.
Forty-nine Indian Army personnel were killed in counter-insurgency and counter-infiltration operations in Jammu and Kashmir in the last three years, Rajya Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
Authorities here on Tuesday released at least 44 youths, who were arrested in connection with cases of stone-pelting in Srinagar city, as a goodwill gesture on the occasion of Eid-ul Fitr.
Heavy police force was deployed in a Kashmir village Monday after clashes broke out between two communities.
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Heatwave toll rises to 1,826, over 1,300 dead in Andhra Pradesh