"Geelani and the Mirwaiz have been placed under house arrest as a precautionary measure to maintain law and order," a police official said.
"As of now, there is no immediate report of any casualty or damage to property," Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM), Bhaderwah, Mohammad Anwar Banday, said.
Foreign Office spokesperson Nafees Zakaria said that "despite Pakistan's concern, the presence of over one million troops in Kashmir which is the highest concentration of troops in the world is a hurdle in implementation of the United Nations resolution".
"We have sounded an alert. Security has been beefed up at Katra and other areas of the shrine after the terror attack at army camp in Nagrota," a police officer of Reasi district said.
Prime Minister Modi said, the youth of Jammu and Kashmir aspire to rise in life through education, and he commended them for their enthusiasm.
Militants fired at a bus which was part of the convoy passing through Langate area of the district.
The ceremony was presided over by Justice B P Katakey, Officiating Chairperson, AFT, New Delhi.
Army today foiled three infiltration bids assisted by Pakistani posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.
Terrorists opened fire outside an 30 Rashtriya Rifles Army camp at Langate, Handwara, in Jammu and Kashmir early this morning.
Amid escalating tension between India and Pakistan, there have been six ceasefire violations along the LoC in past two days. According to ANI, terrorists lobbed a grenade at the residence of Shopian MLA Muhammad Yusuf Bhat last night.
A search operation was launched today by army and police in the R S Pura sector near the Indo-Pak International Border after they received reports of some suspicious movement in the area.
Terrorists on late Sunday night targeted a BSF and an adjoining Army camp in Jammu & Kashmir’s Baramulla district. Initial reports suggest that one BSF personnel lost his life while another one was injured during the gun battle.
Will offer any sacrifice for preserving the unity and "composite ethos" of Jammu and Kashmir, says National Conference.
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Can terrorism be countered with a simple conference or a surgery?
- National level woman shooter alleges rape by coach
- The story behind 1971 Indo-Pakistan war
- PM Narendra Modi officially inaugurates Heart of Asia Summit in Amritsar
- DNA: Analysis of cross border cyber attack on Indian online accounts
- Many trains running late due to intense fog in Delhi
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to grow further after achieving success
- Can terrorism be countered with a simple conference or a surgery? - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- As mark of respect to Jayalalithaa, Tamil Nadu government declares December 6 as public holiday
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: These 4 Delhi AIIMS doctors sent to Chennai Apollo Hospital for Amma's treatment
- Yuvraj Singh broke down on his wedding with Hazel Keech in Goa – Here's why!
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma very critical; BJP MP Subramanian Swamy hopes for another miracle
- Universe may be starting to die, say astronomers
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?