The country would see more economic progress if the private sector was left to run business without government interference, Infosys founder N R Narayana Murthy has said at the Jaipur Literature Festival.
Bollywood bigwigs like Naseeruddin Shah, Vishal Bhardwaj, Waheeda Rehman and Javed Akhtar will be present at the Zee Jaipur Literature Festival that will begin here Jan 21, said the organisers.
The vibrant energies of the annual Jaipur Literature Festival, which attracts over 250,000 visitors annually in India, are set to travel to London this May for a day-long edition of the literary extravaganza.
Pakistan needs to show some vision and generosity for relations between itself and India to be normalised, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said here on Sunday
Cricket as a sport is not as popular in other parts of the world as in India, said Irish novelist, Joseph O` Neil.
Debutant Aam Aadmi Party`s victory in the recent Delhi Assembly Elections has set a good example of the strength of democracy in India, Nobel laureate Amartya Sen said.
Here’s a lowdown on the discussions that were very engaging and interesting Day 5.
Sociologist Ashis Nandy, who has landed in a soup over his controversial remarks on Dalits, moved the Supreme Court on Thursday requesting it to quash all FIRs filed against him.
The Rajasthan Police will question sociologist Ashis Nandy over his anti-Dalit remarks in Delhi on Wednesday.
Literature’s tryst with glamour continued as ex-model, newspaper columnist and novelist Shobhaa De came down to the Pink city to spread her irresistible charm and to launch books, one of them being Kareena Kapoor’s ‘The Style Diary of a Bollywood Diva’ under her imprint ‘Shobhaa De Books’ in collaboration with Penguin India at the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival 2013.
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Akhilesh Yadav emerges victorious; Ramgopal Yadav hints towards alliance with Congress
- DNA: DIHAR produces vegetables for Army in high areas
- BJP may announce its first list of candidates for UP elections today
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti? - Part II
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Watch - Heavy snowfall in various parts of the world!
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti?
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- India vs England, Pune ODI: Virat Kohli hits 27th hundred, equals Sachin Tendulkar's world record in chase — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- Latest Box Office collections of 'Dangal' and 'Ok Jaanu' are out!
- Salman Khan - Katrina Kaif will clash with Ranbir Kapoor – Here’s why
- RBI hikes ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 10,000 per day; no change in weekly withdrawal limit
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Mushfiqur Rahman rushed to hospital after being hit on head by Tim Southee's bouncer
- Akhilesh Yadav allotted `cycle` symbol by EC; UP CM seeks father Mulayam's blessings