The country would see more economic progress if the private sector was left to run business without government interference, Infosys founder N R Narayana Murthy has said at the Jaipur Literature Festival.
Bollywood bigwigs like Naseeruddin Shah, Vishal Bhardwaj, Waheeda Rehman and Javed Akhtar will be present at the Zee Jaipur Literature Festival that will begin here Jan 21, said the organisers.
The vibrant energies of the annual Jaipur Literature Festival, which attracts over 250,000 visitors annually in India, are set to travel to London this May for a day-long edition of the literary extravaganza.
Pakistan needs to show some vision and generosity for relations between itself and India to be normalised, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said here on Sunday
Cricket as a sport is not as popular in other parts of the world as in India, said Irish novelist, Joseph O` Neil.
Debutant Aam Aadmi Party`s victory in the recent Delhi Assembly Elections has set a good example of the strength of democracy in India, Nobel laureate Amartya Sen said.
Here’s a lowdown on the discussions that were very engaging and interesting Day 5.
Sociologist Ashis Nandy, who has landed in a soup over his controversial remarks on Dalits, moved the Supreme Court on Thursday requesting it to quash all FIRs filed against him.
The Rajasthan Police will question sociologist Ashis Nandy over his anti-Dalit remarks in Delhi on Wednesday.
Literature’s tryst with glamour continued as ex-model, newspaper columnist and novelist Shobhaa De came down to the Pink city to spread her irresistible charm and to launch books, one of them being Kareena Kapoor’s ‘The Style Diary of a Bollywood Diva’ under her imprint ‘Shobhaa De Books’ in collaboration with Penguin India at the DSC Jaipur Literature Festival 2013.
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- Uri terror attack will not be forgotten, PM Modi warns Pakistan
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Pakistan in UNGA on Monday
- Is PM Modi trying to revamp the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Nawaz Sharif in UNGA today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effect of dreadful bacteria 'Superbug'
- DNA: Analyzing Pakistan's defeat in 1971 war
- ISRO successfully launches PSLV-C35 with eight satellites
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- India-Pakistan Indus Water Treaty - Here's all you need to know
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Did you know you’ve been charging your smartphone wrong?
- Four extremely weird diet tricks to help you lose weight!
- Indus Water Treaty: Blood and water cannot flow together, says PM Narendra Modi