Japan lifted a tsunami advisory early Saturday after a minor wave was monitored along large areas of the country`s northeastern Pacific coast following a strong 6.8-magnitude earthquake, authorities said.
Japan issued a tsunami advisory early Saturday after a strong 6.8-magnitude quake struck in the Pacific off Fukushima prefecture, authorities said.
A 5.7-magnitude quake hit off the coast of northeast Japan today, seismologists said, but there were no immediate reports of damage.
A shallow 5.4-magnitude earthquake hit eastern Japan Tuesday, rocking buildings in Tokyo but there were no reports of any damage, seismologists said.
A 5.7-magnitude earthquake hit eastern Japan Tuesday morning, seismologists reported.
An earthquake of magnitude 7.3 struck on Friday off Japan`s east coast, the US Geological Survey said, triggering small tsunamis but causing no apparent damage.
A 6.1 magnitude earthquake reportedly struck Honshu island on Saturday but no tsunami warning was issued.
A 6.1-magnitude earthquake struck off the south coast of Japan`s main Honshu island on Sunday, the United States Geological Survey said, but no tsunami warning was issued.
Shinzo Abe addressed his country on the two-year anniversary of the devastating earthquake and tsunami, saying there is still help needed to eliminate the consequences of the natural calamity.
The great Tohoku earthquake that struck Japan in 2011, triggering a powerful tsunami that killed more than 16000 people, was so massive that its effects were even felt at the edge of space.
The magnitude-9 earthquake in Japan two years ago was so big that its effects were even felt in space.
At least five people were injured in Miyagi after the quake.
A strong earthquake shook northern Japan, causing small tidal changes on its Pacific coastline but no damage or injury was reported.
The height of a tsunami wave when it approaches a coastline is influenced greatly by the topography of the seafloor near the coast.
A year after earthquake hit Japan`s northeast coast, the country is still grappling with the human, economic and political costs.
Natural disasters cost the global economy 380 billion dollars last year, making it the costliest year ever recorded.
Japan intervened in currency markets on Thursday to curb the yen's gains that officials fear threatened to derail the economy's recovery from a slump triggered by a massive earthquake in March.
Earthquakes are common in Japan, one of the world`s most seismically active areas.
The revelation may call for a review of preparedness against quakes in Japan.
Naoto Kan is fighting criticism over his handling of the aftermath of March 11 quake and tsunami.
The tremor did not disrupt the emergency crews working to cool reactors.
Worries also lingered over the impact of radioactive spills on marine life.
Russia`s nuclear chief said Japan may be seeking to reduce liabilities of insurance companies.
Toshiba Corp has proposed a 10-year plan to decommission four reactors.
Japan`s industry minister donned full protective gear for his brief trip.
Japan`s neighbors sound increasingly alarmed over the risk of radiation.
A tsunami-pummelled coast has been largely off-limits due to a nuclear plant.
Hillary Clinton assures that US will be with Japan "every step of the way".
Japan pumped nitrogen gas into a crippled nuclear reactor on Thursday.
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert canceled following threats from Shiv Sena
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Ignore provocative politicians, listen to Pranab Mukherjee: Narendra Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Pakistan invokes Muslim Ummah to express concern over 'beef lynching' in Dadri