A day after it hit the Kerala coast, southwest monsoon remained weak on Saturday though parts of the state received rains and isolated heavy rainfall has been predicted till June 10.
Lakshadweep Lok Sabha constituency recorded 87.05 per cent polling for the lone seat in the polls held Thursday in the Union Territory, where Congress sitting MP Hamdullah Sayeed is trying his luck for the second time.
Up to 71.36 percent of the electorate voted in Lakshadweep in peaceful polling for the lone Lok Sabha seat, said an official.
Lakshadweep, earlier known as the Laccadive, Minicoy and Amindivi Islands are a group of islands which are located 200-450 km off the South Western coast of India. The Lok Sabha seat from this island is reserved for Scheduled Tribes.
Lakshadweep, which is a land in the deep Arabian Sea and is a part of the Indian Subcontinent, is recognised as the smallest Union Territory of India. The UT has one Lok Sabha constituency which is reserved for Scheduled Tribes (ST).
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) on Monday rescued a cargo vessel, with six persons on board, which had lost communication while on its way to Minicoy in Lakshadweep.
After all the recent hectic political activity, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will spend some quiet time with family at Lakshadweep.
The government is considering a proposal for setting up six Low Temperature Thermal Desalination (LTTD) plants on Lakshadweep Islands for converting sea water into potable water.
The govt has approved the proposal to allow state-owned helicopter company PHHL to continue its subsidised services in Lakshadweep islands for five years.
The Cabinet has approved Pawan Hans helicopter services for inter-island connectivity in the Lakshadweep islands for five years, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said on Friday.
The 22 crew members of the Maldivian cargo vessel which sank off Lakshadweep coast were on Friday brought to Kochi.
Northern India experienced a slide in temperatures across the region even as the country`s south welcomed the south-west monsoon which set in over Kerala and Lakshwadeep on Saturday.
Five persons drowned when the boat in which they were travelling capsized near Kadmat island in Lakshadweep Saturday morning, police said.
A five-day multi specialty medical camp was conducted by Southern Naval Command at different islands of the Lakshadweep.
Forecast valid until the morning of August 23, rain or thunder showers will occur at isolated places in Kerala and Lakshadweep, outlook no significant change.
South-west monsoon has been active over Kerala. Rain occurred at isolated places in Lakshadweep.
South-West Monsoon has been week over Kerala. Rain occurred at a few places in Kerala and isolated places in Lakshadweep.
Rain occurred at most places in Kerala and at many places in Lakshadweep. The chief amounts of rainfall reports in cm are Ponnani, Piravom and Idukki 4 each.
With the south west monsoon hitting Kerala coast, widespread rainfall occurred at most places in the state and Lakshadweep.
To augment the security infrastructure at the strategically important Lakshadweep Islands, a naval base of the Indian Navy was commissioned at Kavaratti today.
Mainly dry weather prevailed over Kerala and dry weather prevailed over Lakshadweep. Maximum temperature changed little over Kerala.
has been weak over Kerala. Rain occurred at isolated places in
Kerala. Very light rain occurred in Lakshadweep.
A mysterious Iranian ship, anchored for close to 30 days near Lakshadweep, has become a major cause of concerns for the government and coastal security agencies.
has been vigorous over Kerala. Rain occurred at most places in
The security establishment in the country has put under surveillance a mysterious Iranian ship anchored, for close to 30 days, near Lakshadweep.
About 130 domestic tourists, including 26 children, are stranded at Kalpeni island in Lakshwadeep after locals prevented them from boarding a boat.
The Kochi-Agatti AI9501 flight had taken off with 20 passengers and crew from the Nedumbassery airport at 10.15 am.
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India