CBI on Tuesday registered two more cases in the Vyapam scam, which involves alleged irregularities in the conduct of Pre-Medical Tests by the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board between 2007 and 2010, taking the total number of cases to 61.
CBI on Monday registered three more FIRs into alleged corruption in the conduct of examinations and recruitment tests conducted by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board known as Vyapam.
CBI has registered a preliminary inquiry into the mysterious death of a pharmacist, Vijay Singh Patel, who was facing STF probe into Vyapam scam.
A day after holding a meet with Special Investigation Team and its Special Task Force officials, the CBI on Wednesday registered two cases in its ongoing probe in the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
As many as 81 people have died of swine flu in Madhya Pradesh this year, authorities said.
A local court has awarded life imprisonment to a 25-year-old man for killing his wife.
Ten persons, including two minors, were Monday killed and 15 injured when a vehicle ferrying people from a Navratri function collided with a truck on Indore-Icchapur Highway here in the wee hours.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Saturday offered his prayers at the Mahakal temple in Ujjain.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s cabinet has a maximum number of law
graduates with seven out of the total 22 possessing the LLB
22 ministers, including two women, of BJP government led by Shivraj Singh Chouhan were administered oath of office in the Madhya Pradesh capital by Governor Balram Jakhar here Saturday.
The tag of excellence bestowed on some members of the erstwhile Madhya Pradesh assembly did not give them any added advantage during the recent polls in the state.
The Bharatiya Janta Party, which often criticised Congress for its dynastic politics, fielded kin of many of its leaders in Madhya Pradesh state Assembly elections, majority of whom won the polls.
Uma Bharti`s Bharatiya Janashakti
Party failed miserably in its native Bundelkhand region with
its president losing the Tikamgarh assembly constituency in November 27 assembly elections.
By winning last month`s Assembly polls in MP, the ruling BJP in the state has proved many things in one go.
When the 13th MP Assembly holds its 1st session, several faces which were
seen in it in the past will be missing this time.
Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday said instead of blaming an individual for MP polls debacle, leaders should take joint responsibility.
Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who captained
BJP to tide over anti-incumbency factor, will take oath as
chief minister on December 12 to begin his second innings at
the helm of affairs in Madhya Pradesh.
Following the defeat of Congress in the Madhya Pradesh assembly elections, a blame game, on who should be held responsible for the party`s loss, has begun.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay
Singh is among the central observers for Rajasthan.
BJP swept back to power in retaining Madhya Pradesh, having won 143 seats while Congress won 68 seats in 230 member Assembly.
The Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee
president Suresh Pachouri on Monday offered to quit from his post
owning responsibility for the party`s possible defeat in the
state assembly elections.
Describing the results of the Assembly elections as an "upswing" for itself, the Congress on Monday termed them a major victory.
A case of violating model code
of conduct was registered against a local corporator and an LIC employee.
Does the unprecedented high
polling percentage recorded during the Madhya Pradesh assembly
elections held on November 27 indicate a change of power in
Police have booked a university Vice-Chancellor and registrar for allegedly violating the model code of conduct in favour of state Agriculture Minister Gopal Bhargawa.
With the fate of the candidates
sealed in the EVMs, political analysts have started spelling
out the possible outcome of the assembly polls in Madhya
Polling to elect a 230-member Madhya Pradesh assembly concluded Thursday evening with about 45 percent voters turning up to cast their ballot amid tight security and sporadic incidents of violence.
The second and last phase of
assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh saw an estimated 60% turnout today.
As many as 250 companies of police
force have been made for the November 27 Assembly polls in
The Election Commission of India
has directed the Madhya Pradesh government to ensure
uninterrupted power supply for 36 hours to make sure that load
shedding does not affect the elections due for tomorrow.
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Bihar polls: PM Modi addresses rally in Munger
- Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert canceled following threats from Shiv Sena
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Thousands stuck in major jam on China's 50-lane expressway
- Dadri lynching was a pre-planned conspiracy: Mulayam Singh
- Indian Air Force celebrates 83rd foundation day
- Compulsion to be Hindu in order to attend Garba festival?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Ghulam Ali 'very hurt' with Mumbai concert cancellation, gets Delhi govt's invite for show
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- 'If Rashid holds 1000 beef parties, we will thrash him thousand times'
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- US in talks with Pakistan on limiting its nuclear weapons: Report
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics