The Supreme Court on Wednesday awarded compensation of Rs 60 lakh each to the families affected by the Sardar Sarovar Project in Madhya Pradesh, who are yet to be given land in lieu of land they would lose to the inter-state project.
Rivers are the source of life for human society that`s why the society will have to come forward to protect the rivers.
"Prima facie, it is evident that thousands of people were dying in Bhopal due to leakage of poisonous gases, the head of the district, the collector and the SP, were using all their expertise and system to help a criminal escape rather than helping the victims," the judge said.
Polling for by-elections to Shahdol Lok Sabha constituency and Nepanagar Assembly seats in Madhya Pradesh began this morning with over 15 per cent voter turnout registered till 9 AM in both seats, poll officials said.
"The carcass of the tiger was found at Karondia in Panpatha range. It seems that the feline died around six days back and prima facie it appears to be a natural death," Deputy Director of Bandhavgarh Reserve, P Bangar, said.
The three member committee said that various samples were taken from birds like duck, pelican, crow and munia bird earlier this month from National Zoological Park and sent to ICAR National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases.
In a fit of anger, a man allegedly strangulated his three-year old niece to death for weeping continuously after her mother left the child under his care, police said.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today held a discussion on finer points to be included in BJP's Garib Kalyan Agenda with his Maharashtra and Jharkhand counterparts.
The flood situation in Bihar remained grim on Thursday, though the river Ganga and its tributaries started showing sign of receding but hundreds of thousands of affected people have been still strggling for survival, officials said. The situation, however, was easing in neighbouring Madhya Pradesh.
Fourteen Gram Sabhas in this district of Madhya Pradesh have passed resolutions against liquor trade and consumption, proposing fines ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000 to be imposed on violators.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday came out with flying colours as it managed to win all Rajya Sabha seats from Jharkhand and Rajasthan. Also, BJP bagged while bagging two out of three seats in Madhya Pradesh.
The BJP legislator was coming to Bhopal to attend a party meeting at the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's residence ahead of the June 11 Rajya Sabha election. His car overturned and he died on the spot, a police officer said.
At least eight people were killed and 24 others injured in a road accident in Madhya Pradesh's Shivpuri District on Sunday morning.
Madhya Pradesh Board class 12 intermediate results 2016 likely to be announced today.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday completed 10 years in office, becoming the first non-Congress chief minister to do so, even as his tenures saw challenges like the Vyapam scam and defeat in recently-held Lok Sabha bypoll.
The defeat in a BJP-ruled state that helped Congress increase its tally to 45 in the Lower House reverses the trend in the six earlier Lok Sabha bypolls where the incumbent parties had retained their seats. The strength of BJP comes down to 281 in the 543-member House.
The Janata Dal (U) officially declared Vijay Haari as its candidate for the upcoming Lok Sabha by-poll on the Ratlam-Jhabua seat. Initially, Haari as well as Tol Singh Bhuria had filed their nominations for the November 21 by-poll but later the JD(U) national unit declared Haari as its official candidate, State JD(U) president Govind Yadav told PTI.
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- DNA: Today in History | February 20, 2017
- DNA: Analysis of the danger and threat to human life due to air pollution
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers
- Lasith Malinga vs Travis Head: IPL preview in Australia — WATCH
- Do you suffer from chronic knee pain? Online treatment may help you!
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni travelled in train with Jharkhand teammates