As many as 81 people have died of swine flu in Madhya Pradesh this year, authorities said.
A local court has awarded life imprisonment to a 25-year-old man for killing his wife.
Ten persons, including two minors, were Monday killed and 15 injured when a vehicle ferrying people from a Navratri function collided with a truck on Indore-Icchapur Highway here in the wee hours.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Saturday offered his prayers at the Mahakal temple in Ujjain.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s cabinet has a maximum number of law
graduates with seven out of the total 22 possessing the LLB
22 ministers, including two women, of BJP government led by Shivraj Singh Chouhan were administered oath of office in the Madhya Pradesh capital by Governor Balram Jakhar here Saturday.
The tag of excellence bestowed on some members of the erstwhile Madhya Pradesh assembly did not give them any added advantage during the recent polls in the state.
The Bharatiya Janta Party, which often criticised Congress for its dynastic politics, fielded kin of many of its leaders in Madhya Pradesh state Assembly elections, majority of whom won the polls.
Uma Bharti`s Bharatiya Janashakti
Party failed miserably in its native Bundelkhand region with
its president losing the Tikamgarh assembly constituency in November 27 assembly elections.
By winning last month`s Assembly polls in MP, the ruling BJP in the state has proved many things in one go.
When the 13th MP Assembly holds its 1st session, several faces which were
seen in it in the past will be missing this time.
Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday said instead of blaming an individual for MP polls debacle, leaders should take joint responsibility.
Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who captained
BJP to tide over anti-incumbency factor, will take oath as
chief minister on December 12 to begin his second innings at
the helm of affairs in Madhya Pradesh.
BJP swept back to power in retaining Madhya Pradesh, having won 143 seats while Congress won 68 seats in 230 member Assembly.
Following the defeat of Congress in the Madhya Pradesh assembly elections, a blame game, on who should be held responsible for the party`s loss, has begun.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay
Singh is among the central observers for Rajasthan.
The Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee
president Suresh Pachouri on Monday offered to quit from his post
owning responsibility for the party`s possible defeat in the
state assembly elections.
Describing the results of the Assembly elections as an "upswing" for itself, the Congress on Monday termed them a major victory.
A case of violating model code
of conduct was registered against a local corporator and an LIC employee.
Does the unprecedented high
polling percentage recorded during the Madhya Pradesh assembly
elections held on November 27 indicate a change of power in
Police have booked a university Vice-Chancellor and registrar for allegedly violating the model code of conduct in favour of state Agriculture Minister Gopal Bhargawa.
With the fate of the candidates
sealed in the EVMs, political analysts have started spelling
out the possible outcome of the assembly polls in Madhya
Polling to elect a 230-member Madhya Pradesh assembly concluded Thursday evening with about 45 percent voters turning up to cast their ballot amid tight security and sporadic incidents of violence.
The second and last phase of
assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh saw an estimated 60% turnout today.
As many as 250 companies of police
force have been made for the November 27 Assembly polls in
The Election Commission of India
has directed the Madhya Pradesh government to ensure
uninterrupted power supply for 36 hours to make sure that load
shedding does not affect the elections due for tomorrow.
The poll campaigning for 13th
assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh ended at 5 this evening with
last-minute attempts by principal contenders, Congress and
BJP, to woo the voters.
Congress candidate from Tikamgarh Assembly constituency Yadvendra Singh has complained that Bharatiya Janshakti Party president Uma Bharti has been distributing money to voters.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi
today charged the BJP Government in Madhya Pradesh with
injudicious use of funds allocated to it under various Central
With the Madhya Pradesh Assembly
elections less than four days away, both the ruling BJP and
the Opposition Congress are exuding confidence that they will
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened