Fares were last revised in 2009 when the minimum fare was raised from Rs 6 to Rs 8 with the maximum fare being raised to Rs 30 from Rs 22.
Odisha government Saturday signed an agreement for preparation of a detailed project report (DPR) for the metro rail services between Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
Delhi Metro will organise a week-long series of activities to celebrate Independence Day, an official said Saturday.
A pedestrian subway at the busy ITO intersection in the national capital, built by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation with an unconventional technology, was thrown open to the public on Friday.
Celebrities like Beyonce Knowles, Angelina Jolie and Rihanna have been giving sparkling accents to their knuckles by wearing midi rings. So how about trying your hand at it?
The Bombay High Court on Tuesday dismissed a petition filed by the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) where in it challenged the fare hike of the Mumbai metro by Reliance Infrastructure.
Thousands of commuters faced inconvenience when a South-bound non-AC metro rake developed snag after soon leaving Park Street station.
Thousands of commuters were inconvenienced this morning when a south-bound non-AC metro rake developed snag after soon leaving Park Street station.
With an aim of promoting use of metro train service in the national capital and lending an ear to commuters, Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu today took a ride on it and said efforts will be made to popularise the service, make it more viable and reduce travel costs.
Over 10 lakh commuters travelled on the city`s first Mero, which covers the 11.4 km-long Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor, in the 59 hours since the commencement of its services on June 8.
Sao Paulo`s metro workers voted to stay off work for a fifth day on Monday even after a court declared the strike illegal, complicating preparations for the World Cup opening match.
Thousands of commuters in Delhi had a harrowing time on Wednesday as Metro services were disrupted on the Dwarka to Vaishali/Noida City Centre Blue Line in evening rush hour.
DMRC is introducing some changes in its smart cards, including increasing the minimum add value to Rs 100 from May 21.
A survey on eight Lucknow Metro stations in the first phase of the project will begin on May 01, officials said.
The organising committee of the 2022 Qatar World Cup has reportedly reduced the number of stadiums it is planning to build for the tournament due to rising costs and delays.
A man was critically wounded after he jumped before a moving Metro train in Noida, police said.
Delhi Metro commuters faced a tough time Monday when two stations in the heart of the capital were shut down for around three hours due to a religious gathering on a disputed land.
A week after he accepted Uttar Pradesh government`s offer to be the chief advisor of the Lucknow Metro project, E Sreedharan will be visiting the state capital Saturday, officials said.
The Kolkata Metro announced extension of timing of services from 6.45 am till 10.45 pm from March 25.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation board has approved its Dilshad Garden extension project to New Bus Stand following issuance of a no objection certificate from Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, said a Ghaziabad civic body official.
An unidentified man jumped in front of a moving metro train this evening at Sovabazar underground station and died on the spot.
Work on the Noida-Greater Noida Metro rail project is likely to begin in May or June, Chairman of the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) said today.
Adamant on his stance to continue his sit-in unless his demands are met, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal spent Monday`s winter night on a roadside at the protest venue.
Gujarat government has redrawn the metro rail route, which is likely to cause further delay in implementating the public transport project.
A worker at a Metro Rail construction site was on Saturday killed and another got injured when a crane broke and fell on them.
The desire to wear jewellery is not limited to women any more as more and more men, especially in the metro cities, are buying and wearing jewellery as daily accessory, according to a report by the Platinum Guild.
Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda Sunday formally inaugurated the Rapid Metro Gurgaon line, a month after the mass transit service started commercial operations.
A Metro-North passenger train derailed in the Bronx area of the New York City on Sunday morning. According to local news, at least four people have been reported dead.
Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida visited the Delhi Metro, authorities said.
There is little choice before us but to develop a good network of mass urban transport for better city planning, Delhi Metro chief Mangu Singh said on Friday, holding up China as an example in the matter.
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Zee Media special report on International Fleet Review
- Brazil: Pets parade with their owners in Carnival
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Divyansh's death: Delhi govt to recommend CBI probe
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- West Bengal: Youth held for Facebook post against TMC leader
- Incredible India website to provide 12 foreign languages to aid tourists
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- BSF guns down 2 Pakistani, 2 Indian drug smugglers near border in Punjab
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- 'Chinese New Year' greetings from Mark Zuckerberg and family!- Watch
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley
- Shah Rukh Khan gearing up for Imtiaz Ali's next?
- The great IPL dream: Mumbai Indians' 3.2 crore man Nathu Singh's rags to riches story
- It is termed pornography when a woman writes about her body: Taslima Nasreen
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- PSL 2016 T20, Match 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi – Key players
- Ranchi shame: Boy sexually assaulted, 'murdered' in private school; 3 teachers detained