Seven VVPAT machines developed technical snag during polling for the lone Lok Sabha seat in Mizoram Friday, election office sources said here.
Though women voters outnumbered their male counterparts in Mizoram, no woman once again made it to the state legislature in the election held on November 25.
There was not "a single instance of irregularity of our government", said Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla Monday after he led the Congress to victory in Mizoram.
A poster boy of Congress in Mizoram, four-time Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla is a stalwart in the state politics and has been in and out of power for the past three decades.
A day after the ruling Congress was humiliated in four major states, it got absolute majority in Mizoram where results for the 40-member Legislative Assembly were declared on Monday.
Two polling officials who were on duty at the Republic Veng - I polling booth during the election to the 40-member Mizoram Assembly on November 25, were suspended for dereliction of duty.
The performance of the VVPAT system used in the recently held Mizoram assembly election was not satisfactory, as 10 per cent of the machines malfunctioned, state Chief Electoral Officer Ashwani Kumar said here on Saturday.
Voters` turnout during re-polling at a polling booth in the Aizawl South-I Assembly seat held on Thursday was 78.71 per cent, state Joint Chief Electoral Officer H Lalengmawia said.
Re-poll would be conducted in Republic-I polling station in Aizawl South-I constituency on Thursday due to reports of alleged malpractices by one polling official, Mizoram`s Joint Chief Electoral Officer H Lalengmawia said.
The turnout in Mizoram assembly election would cross 83 per cent, which is the highest-ever in polls in the state, state Chief Electoral Officer Ashwani Kumar said on Tuesday.
A 104-year-old woman became the oldest voter in the election to the 40-member Mizoram Assembly, for which polling was held on Monday.
Ahead of the Mizoram assembly elections, at least three people were kidnapped by the outlawed tribal guerillas from a village in Mamit district of western Mizoram, police said Monday.
Balloting to elect a new government in the northeastern border state of Mizoram ended peacefully on Monday, with over 81 percent of voters exercising their franchise till 4 pm.
Women voters will play a key role in the November 25 assembly elections in Mizoram, the only state in India where women voters outnumber men.
Mizoram elects its new assembly Monday, after a period of campaigns that were organised and peaceful. The ruling Congress will be challenged by the Mizo National Front (MNF)-led three-party alliance.
Polling for the 230 member assembly in Madhya Pradesh and 40 member Mizoram Assembly will take place on Monday.
Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla of the Congress and all his 11 ministers are among 142 candidates who will be contesting for the 40-member Assembly election on Monday.
BJP president Rajnath Singh slammed the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre as well as the Congress governments in both Assam and Mizoram for their failure to solve the boundary disputes between the two neighbouring states.
Campaigning for the election to the 40-member Mizoram Assembly on November 25 came to an end on Saturday with political parties making a last-minute bid to drum up support of the electorate.
For long Mizoram political parties have tried to persuade members of the Chana`s sect led by Ziona to vote en bloc for them, but without success, in their village in the Tuikum Assembly seat in Serchhip district.
With no incident of violence being reported for the November 25 Assembly elections, Mizoram has set an example of peaceful election campaigning.
The veterans of Mizo National Army who took up arms on a separatist demand in the sixties, said that they felt betrayed as many promises made by the Centre were not met.
Deputy Commissioner and District Election Officer of Kolasib district on Mizoram-Assam border R. Lalramnghaka was transferred after a faux pas was detected in the printing of postal ballots.
AICC Vice-president Rahul Gandhi hit the campaign trail for the November 25 Assembly polls in Mizoram, stressing on welfare of Mizo youths and promising to create more jobs if Congress is voted back to power in the state.
A newly-designed device, which confirms to a voter that his or her vote was cast as wished, will be used in 10 of the 40 Assembly segments of Mizoram, officials said here Thursday.
With Mizoram`s Serchhip district reaping benefits of central and state socio-economic welfare schemes, Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla seems to be in an advantageous position both in Serchhip and Hrangturzo seats from where he is fighting the November 25 elections.
Swamped by Korean films dubbed in Mizo language, the film industry in Mizoram hopes that whichever party comes to power after polls should allocate more funds for its development.
With voter-verified paper audit trail (VVPAT) being used on a large-scale for the first time in the country in the Mizoram Assembly polls, the Elections Commission is leaving no stone unturned to make it easily accessible to voters.’
Polling in the six Bru relief camps in North Tripura, for the coming election to the 40-member Mizoram Assembly on November 25, was completely peaceful.
Deprived of OBC status by Mizoram government and the alleged step-motherly attitude of Mizos, Gorkhas, who are one of the largest minorities in the state, are weighing the NOTA option provided by the Election Commission in the November 25 Assembly elections.
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Watch: 15 reports from 15 cities
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Centre assures help to Gita Press, Gorakhpur
- Sheena Bora murder case: All possible theories behind killing fail?
- Operation Hafiz Saeed: 'Phantom' ban in Pakistan
- 'Delhi Police... One Touch Away' app launched!
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder
- Nashik Kumbh: Poor turnout at first Shahi Snan
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Girl gang-raped in front of younger sister in Himachal Pradesh, accused held
- Manual scavengers to tie rakhi to PM Narendra Modi today
- US asks its citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Pakistan
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Ajay Devgn backs 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2'!
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried