The Press Council of India on Monday announced setting up a committee to look into problems faced by the small and medium news papers in Odisha.
The Indian Newspaper Society (INS), a body of newspapers in the country, today expressed concern over "non-payment" of advertisement bills to certain publications by the West Bengal government.
You must have heard - and might be believing by now - that internet sounded the death knell for newspapers. But that may not be true.
A co-owner of Philadelphia`s two major newspapers was identified today as one of seven people who died when a small private jet ran off a runway at an air force base near here and burst into flames, killing everyone on board.
Pakistani journalists covering the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh are not happy with the manager of the national team, Zakir Khan for gagging the players from speaking to the media.
The New York Times and The Guardian have reportedly published editorials calling on US president Barack Obama to make a clemency deal with NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden and bring him back to the country.
An executive with a company that publishes three newspapers in Honduras was slain inside his house in San Pedro Sula city, police said.
In a sordid end to an extramarital affair, a lady killed her three-and-a-half-year-old son and the wife of her lover in West Delhi`s Moti Nagar.
Calcutta HC directed the West Bengal government to make available leading newspapers in state-run and aided public libraries.
Four private daily newspapers started temporary publication Monday, signifying the re-introduction of private daily newspapers in the Southeast Asian nation after a gap of five decades.
Newspapers hit the stands Thursday after a gap of four days due to imposition of curfew in the Valley following hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru.
PCI chairperson Markandey Katju has written to J&K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah saying a short term restraint order on publication of newspapers may be justified in the wake of Afzal Guru`s execution.
Newspapers failed to hit the stands in Manipur as media houses and scribes protested against the diktat of militants.
The interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir have suggested a probe by an appropriate regulatory body to find out the sources of funding to newspapers functioning in the state.
As many as 51 newspapers have stopped publication in the country since April 2009, the government informed the Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
Congress demanded immediate withdrawal of the recent West Bengal government order asking state-sponsored and aided libraries to keep select newspapers.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Congress said a government has no right to decide what people should read.
The study was done based on coverage in six television news channels and six newspapers.
Britain`s phone-hacking scandal appeared to be spreading to newspaper titles beyond those owned by Rupert Murdoch.
Team 2012, an initiative supporting British Olympians,
had signed News Int`l as its official partner.
Belarus` government sends another opposition leader to prison for two years.
Smart phones aren’t taking people away from relying on TV and newspapers.
The novel is one of the few books available in the market which deals with the problems of today’s generation without giving lengthy sermons.
Upset over the high-handedness of
the US security agencies, Mumbai Police Commissioner Sanjeev
Dayal expressed his displeasure to the Maharashtra government,
stating problems faced by his men on account of American
Iran has sentenced to three years in jail a pro-reform journalist accused of insulting supreme guide Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and banned two reformist newspapers, an opposition website reported.
The city goes without newspapers
on Saturday following hawkers` three-day strike from today demanding
higher commission from the agencies.
Bipasha Basu has a habit of starting her day with newspapers, but she finds it extremely "depressing" to do so.
Newspapers in Kashmir on Monday resumed publication after remaining shut for four days in protest against alleged curbs on the media in the wake of last Tuesday`s violence.
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Watch: 15 reports from 15 cities
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Centre assures help to Gita Press, Gorakhpur
- Operation Hafiz Saeed: 'Phantom' ban in Pakistan
- 'Delhi Police... One Touch Away' app launched!
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Gita Press denies reports of shutting down
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- When drunk driver Shyam Rai revealed all about Sheena Bora murder
- Nashik Kumbh: Poor turnout at first Shahi Snan
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Girl gang-raped in front of younger sister in Himachal Pradesh, accused held
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Manual scavengers to tie rakhi to PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- US asks its citizens to defer all non-essential travel to Pakistan
- Ajay Devgn backs 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2'!