Last Updated: Wednesday, September 08, 2010, 12:02
The trial of a Muslim politician, accused of murdering 57 people in the Philippines, began today.
Last Updated: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 18:48
A Muslim warlord accused of
carrying out the Philippines` worst political massacre
insisted he was innocent on Tuesday as he held a bizarre jailhouse
Last Updated: Tuesday, February 09, 2010, 14:15
A former close ally of Philippine President Gloria Arroyo and 196 other people were on Tuesday charged with murder over an election-linked massacre, a prosecutor said.
Last Updated: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 15:20
The first witness to testify against a powerful clan member accused of killing 57 people in the southern Philippines said Wednesday he saw the defendant and his family firing guns as victims knelt and begged for their lives.
Last Updated: Tuesday, January 05, 2010, 14:12
: The mayor of a small Philippine town, the main suspect in the November massacre of 57 people in the country`s troubled south, pleaded not guilty to murder charges on Tuesday.
Last Updated: Monday, January 04, 2010, 10:49
The home of a Philippine politician due to go on trial this week over the massacre of 57 people was attacked with a grenade, police said on Monday.
Last Updated: Saturday, December 05, 2009, 10:22
Philippine troops took the patriarch of a powerful clan and three other members of his family into custody on Saturday after the President put his southern province under martial law.
Last Updated: Friday, December 04, 2009, 13:28
Philippine soldiers using metal detectors, sniffer dogs and an excavator unearthed more than a dozen crates of bullets on Friday in the mansion of a local mayor linked to last week`s massacre of 57 people, a spokesman said.
Last Updated: Thursday, December 03, 2009, 14:16
The Philippine Army on Thursday sent hundreds of extra troops to contain a powerful Muslim clan whose members have been indicted for the political massacre of 57 people last week.
Last Updated: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 20:30
A powerful Muslim clan accused of staging a massacre last week of 57 civilians, including dozens of journalists, denied any involvement in the killings in a rare news conference on Sunday.
Last Updated: Friday, November 27, 2009, 11:50
A Philippine politician ordered soldiers, police and other gunmen to kill at least 57 defenceless people in a horrifying slaughter that saw women shot in the genitals, the government alleged on Friday.
Last Updated: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 15:58
Philippine police filed murder charges on Thursday against the main suspect in the massacre of 57 people in the south of he country this week as authorities moved to dismantle his clan`s control over the region.
more videos >>