A Philippine court on Tuesday found a US Marine guilty of killing a transgender woman, jailing him for six to 12 years in a case that has reignited debate over the American military presence in the country.
The president-elect of China`s new international development bank said he expects the institution to lend $10 billion-$15 billion a year for the first five or six years, and sought to allay concerns that the lender will be a tool of Beijing.
India is taking steady steps towards an increasingly free currency, Reserve Bank of India governor Raghuram Rajan said on Tuesday, but it will avoid a "big bang" liberalisation.
Murray also complained about a lack of practice partners when he returned home to train at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton.
Morgan Stanley plans to cut up to 25 percent of its fixed-income jobs, according to a person familiar with the matter.
The workforce reduction will be across all regions and is set to take place in the next two weeks, the person said.
The news was first reported by Bloomberg earlier on Monday.
The Wall Street bank reported a 42 percent slide in bond trading in the third quarter, one of its worst performances since the financial crisis.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) India`s central bank kept its key repo lending rate unchanged at 6.75 percent on Tuesday, as widely expected, after consumer inflation picked up to a four-month high and as emerging markets brace for a US rate hike.
Qatar denies exploiting workers and says it has implemented labour reforms.
India`s manufacturing sector grew at its weakest pace in over two years in November as demand and output continued to soften, a business survey showed on Tuesday.
Samsung Group said 54-year-old Dongjin Koh will take over as president of the mobile communications
RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan will also likely reiterate an "accommodative" stance in his statement, in the wake of data on Monday showing the economy grew 7.4 percent in the July-September quarter, faster than China but below the government`s goal of 8.0 to 8.5 percent growth.
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- PM Modi praises Zee News for Kanpur's Noorjahan story
- SC asks Govinda to apologise for slapping a fan in 2008
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Global Warming - a war to be fought
- Exclusive: Piyush Goyal optimistic of reaching a deal at Paris climate summit
- Kanpur: Minor girl raped in moving train, attendant arrested
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Cute, adorable Royal baby Princess Charlotte at six months: Clicked by Mom Kate - See pic
- Bigg Boss: Rimi Sen to get evicted?
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Watch: Purification in Maharashtra's Shani temple after woman breaks tradition
- History will judge captain Virat Kohli, says critical Bishen Singh Bedi
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals