French actress Audrey Tautou feels uncomfortable on the red carpet and isn`t interested in that aspect of her career.
The Rio de Janeiro 2016 summer Olympics move firmly into the spotlight this week with the International Olympic Committee in town to monitor progress and the soccer World Cup wrapping up.
Former South African cricketer Herschelle Gibbs found himself under unexpected spotlight during the trial of Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius for the alleged murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
Jennifer Hudson has revealed that she has embraced her thirties as she feels more settled.
The market for art will be highlighted at the India Art Summit this week.
Jay Bajaj`s short environmental film "The man who saved the Taj Mahal" is being screened at the ongoing 41st International Film festival of India. The movie focuses on lawyer-activist M.C. Mehta`s solo battle to save the Taj Mahal, plagued by ‘marble cancer`.
Amid prolonged uncertainty over the fate of the BJP government in Karnataka, a new single bench of HC will hear tomorrow the petitions filed by 11 rebel BJP MLAs challenging their disqualification, two days after a split verdict.
Steven Slater, a flight attendant
who is now a folk hero of sorts after he cursed passengers,
grabbed a beer and dramatically activated an emergency chute
to flee from a plane at the JFK Airport here, is out on bail.
FIFA will open a disciplinary
investigation into Zinedine Zidane`s conduct in the World Cup
final, when he was sent off for head-butting Italy`s Marco
Sunday's World Cup Final started so well for Zinedine Zidane in his last match before retirement.
Germany striker Miroslav Klose finished top scorer at the World Cup with five goals.
Italy beat France 5-3 on penalties in the World Cup final after the teams finished level at 1-1 after extra time in a dramatic encounter in which French playmaker Zinedine Zidane was sent off.
A repentant Zinedine Zidane is
believed to have apologised to his Les Blues teammates after
his vicious headbutt led to a sent-off and possibly cost
France the World Cup.
Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger scored two goals and forced the other as World Cup hosts Germany beat Portugal 3-1 to claim third place on Saturday (July 8).
The ongoing football World Cup will be remembered more for the covering tackles and clean sheets rather than the glittering goals.
Zinedine Zidane rediscovered his game in Germany, while Ronaldinho left his in Barcelona. Fans behaved on the streets, yet referees couldn't cope with on-the-field cheats.
Germany captain Michael Ballack
admits his dream of lifting the world cup is all but over as
he will be almost 34 when the 2010 world cup in South Africa
Back in the heady days of July 1998 when France's multi-ethnic soccer team won its first World Cup, political leaders predicted the victory would heal the nation's social divisions and overcome racial tensions.
Willy Sagnol reckons Sunday's World Cup final between France and Italy is an evenly balanced affair apart from one crucial factor - Zinedine Zidane.
Record-breaking Argentine referee Horacio Elizondo is likely to be the most important and controversial man on the pitch in Sunday's World Cup final between Italy and France.
A chosen few have the golden chance to ride into their international retirement as World Cup champions.
Argentine striker Lionel Messi returned home on Thursday (July 6) a disappointed man, after his country was kicked out of the World Cup at the quarter final stage.
Italy's Alessandro Del Piero says that taking part in the World Cup final will represent the greatest moment of his career.
As the World Cup draws to a close in Germany, all eyes will be on South Africa which in 2010 will be the first African country to host the championship.
Two World Cups, no finals, a whole lot of regret. Four years after he was forced to watch Germany lose 2-0 to Brazil because he'd been banned from the World Cup final, Michael Ballack saw his second chance at the title match slip when Italy's Fabio Grosso scored the winner in the last minutes of extra time in the Dortmund semifinal.
Cristiano Ronaldo, a hate figure in England after his involvement in Wayne Rooney's sending off, discovered that the animosity has spread well beyond English shores.
Portugal star Luis Figo reflected on the thin line between success and failure after a penalty by former Real Madrid clubmate Zinedine Zidane sent France through to the World Cup final 1-0 at his own country's expense.
France playmaker Zinedine Zidane, who will end his glorious career in the World Cup final against Italy on Sunday, has been short-listed for the prestigious FIFA Golden Ball award.
First task for Portugal ahead of their World Cup semi final against France - forget the past.
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Aamir Khan should learn from Baba Sahib Ambedkar, says Mayawati
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- SC asks Govinda to apologise for slapping a fan in 2008
- DNA: Heart-wrenching story of Major Dhruv Yadav's family
- Parliamentary debate over alleged intolerance in India commences
- Exclusive: Piyush Goyal optimistic of reaching a deal at Paris climate summit
- Is Russia using white phosphorus on civilian areas in Syria?
- DNA: Meet Noor Jahan, who was praised by PM Modi in 'Mann ki Baat''
- 9th standard girl delivers baby in school washroom
- Intolerance debate continues in Parliament
- Paris Summit: Protecting our planet & nature is a priority for India, says PM Modi
- Paris summit: PM Modi pulls up rich nations on climate change
- Shiv Sena mouthpiece Saamna reveals list of Indrani Mukerjea's influential friends
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video
- 'Someone' in Pak High Commission in Delhi was part of ISI spy ring?
- Shocking! Class 9 student delivers baby in school washroom
- Sonia Gandhi in US for regular medical checkup: Congress
- Shah Rukh Khan backs Aamir Khan on intolerance row, says he was misquoted
- Meet 'Iraqi Rambo' Abu Azrael; this 'Angel of Death' has killed over 1,500 Islamic State terrorists
- Filmmaker Ali Akbar was 'sexually abused in Kerala madrasa', says nobody speaks out of fear
- Spirituality: Chant this Ganesha Mantra on Tuesday to remove hurdles