With no other country from the region participating in the South Asian Zone qualification event, the competition was restricted to the Indian paddlers alone.
Both men's and women's teamsmade history by entering the finals of second division of the World Championships.
There are 24 teams in the Second Division divided into four groups of six teams each in both sections.
The Indian men paddlers have done it only second time in 20 editions. For the women, this was the fourth occasion to claim silver.
The Championships, originally scheduled for October, had to pushed to December due to local municipal election in Surat.
All the Indian players expectedly entered the round of 128 in men's singles of the the Asian Table Tennis Championships at Pattaya, Thailand.
The Indian girls finished 10th at the ITF junior world tennis after losing the play-off match 1-2 to Canada, here.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh stamped his authority, though with a bit of struggle, to beat his PSPB colleague Harmeet Desai 4-2 to win the men's singles final in the Inter-Institutional Table Tennis Championships at the Thyagraj Stadium here on Sunday.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh on Saturday entered the men's singles semifinals of the RSPB-hosted 45th All India International Table Tennis Championships after outplaying unseeded Sudhanshu Grover, but top-seed G Sathiyan bowed out in the quarterfinals here.
The Pakistan squad has got the Indian visa to compete in the South Asian Cadet and Junior Table Tennis Championships, beginning at the Talkatora Stadium here tomorrow.
Women paddlers Archana Kamath and Selena Selvakumar topped their respective groups to advance to the main round in the cadet section of the SET Thailand Open junior and sub-junior table tennis tournament here on Friday.
According to the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) official website, an estimated 450 million people across the world followed the 2015 World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China, making it the most followed table tennis event in history.
The international table tennis leader has pressed Olympic chief Thomas Bach for the sport to get an extra gold medal in the already crowded timetable for the 2020 Tokyo Games.
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) has decided against hiring a foreign coach for the Rio Olympics, a move that will adversely affect the players' preparation, especially the women's team, for the Summer Games in August next year.
Top-seeded Ding Ning of China battled back from an injury scare to regain her world championship crown by beating second-seeded compatriot Liu Shiwen 7-11, 15-13, 11-7, 11-9, 9-11, 4-11, 11-8 in a dramatic women`s singles final on Saturday.
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Ceasefire violation: 3 Pak soldiers killed in Indian retaliatory firing
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Bangalore: Residents protest against proposed steel flyover project
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Beware of adulterated sweets during Diwali!
- Jammu: Pakistan violates ceasefire yet again in RS Pura sector
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya – Part II
- UP: AMU professor dies after 6 hour wait for ambulance
- Battle for Mosul: Iraqi forces making advance ISIL stronghold!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Video of that exact moment when explosion took place in Naya Bazar of Delhi's Chandni Chowk - WATCH
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- 'Ab ki baar, Trump sarkar' - Donald Trump borrows Narendra Modi's winning slogan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- 'I will shoot Arvind Kejriwal' - Man calls up Delhi Police Control Room, threatens to kill Delhi CM
- India has sufficient material, technical capacity to produce 492 nuclear bombs, claims research by Pakistani think-tank
- Haryana's BJP government invites Arvind Kejriwal to golden jubilee celebrations; PM Narendra Modi will be chief guest
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!