With no other country from the region participating in the South Asian Zone qualification event, the competition was restricted to the Indian paddlers alone.
Both men's and women's teamsmade history by entering the finals of second division of the World Championships.
There are 24 teams in the Second Division divided into four groups of six teams each in both sections.
The Indian men paddlers have done it only second time in 20 editions. For the women, this was the fourth occasion to claim silver.
The Championships, originally scheduled for October, had to pushed to December due to local municipal election in Surat.
All the Indian players expectedly entered the round of 128 in men's singles of the the Asian Table Tennis Championships at Pattaya, Thailand.
The Indian girls finished 10th at the ITF junior world tennis after losing the play-off match 1-2 to Canada, here.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh stamped his authority, though with a bit of struggle, to beat his PSPB colleague Harmeet Desai 4-2 to win the men's singles final in the Inter-Institutional Table Tennis Championships at the Thyagraj Stadium here on Sunday.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh on Saturday entered the men's singles semifinals of the RSPB-hosted 45th All India International Table Tennis Championships after outplaying unseeded Sudhanshu Grover, but top-seed G Sathiyan bowed out in the quarterfinals here.
The Pakistan squad has got the Indian visa to compete in the South Asian Cadet and Junior Table Tennis Championships, beginning at the Talkatora Stadium here tomorrow.
Women paddlers Archana Kamath and Selena Selvakumar topped their respective groups to advance to the main round in the cadet section of the SET Thailand Open junior and sub-junior table tennis tournament here on Friday.
According to the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) official website, an estimated 450 million people across the world followed the 2015 World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China, making it the most followed table tennis event in history.
The international table tennis leader has pressed Olympic chief Thomas Bach for the sport to get an extra gold medal in the already crowded timetable for the 2020 Tokyo Games.
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) has decided against hiring a foreign coach for the Rio Olympics, a move that will adversely affect the players' preparation, especially the women's team, for the Summer Games in August next year.
Top-seeded Ding Ning of China battled back from an injury scare to regain her world championship crown by beating second-seeded compatriot Liu Shiwen 7-11, 15-13, 11-7, 11-9, 9-11, 4-11, 11-8 in a dramatic women`s singles final on Saturday.
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Akhilesh Yadav emerges victorious; Ramgopal Yadav hints towards alliance with Congress
- Watch: Heavy snowfall in Kashmir and other hilly areas!
- DNA: DIHAR produces vegetables for Army in high areas
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti? - Part II
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti?
- Celebrations in Akhilesh camp after winning 'cycle race'
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt takes Re1 as dowry from wife's family
- Watch - Heavy snowfall in various parts of the world!
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- India vs England, Pune ODI: Virat Kohli hits 27th hundred, equals Sachin Tendulkar's world record in chase — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- Salman Khan - Katrina Kaif will clash with Ranbir Kapoor – Here’s why
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE RAW ahead of Royal Rumble
- RBI hikes ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 10,000 per day; no change in weekly withdrawal limit
- Real reason why Election Commission gave 'cycle' to Akhilesh Yadav but not his father Mulayam Singh
- WATCH: Mushfiqur Rahman rushed to hospital after being hit on head by Tim Southee's bouncer
- Akhilesh Yadav allotted `cycle` symbol by EC; UP CM seeks father Mulayam's blessings