With no other country from the region participating in the South Asian Zone qualification event, the competition was restricted to the Indian paddlers alone.
Both men's and women's teamsmade history by entering the finals of second division of the World Championships.
There are 24 teams in the Second Division divided into four groups of six teams each in both sections.
The Indian men paddlers have done it only second time in 20 editions. For the women, this was the fourth occasion to claim silver.
The Championships, originally scheduled for October, had to pushed to December due to local municipal election in Surat.
All the Indian players expectedly entered the round of 128 in men's singles of the the Asian Table Tennis Championships at Pattaya, Thailand.
The Indian girls finished 10th at the ITF junior world tennis after losing the play-off match 1-2 to Canada, here.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh stamped his authority, though with a bit of struggle, to beat his PSPB colleague Harmeet Desai 4-2 to win the men's singles final in the Inter-Institutional Table Tennis Championships at the Thyagraj Stadium here on Sunday.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh on Saturday entered the men's singles semifinals of the RSPB-hosted 45th All India International Table Tennis Championships after outplaying unseeded Sudhanshu Grover, but top-seed G Sathiyan bowed out in the quarterfinals here.
The Pakistan squad has got the Indian visa to compete in the South Asian Cadet and Junior Table Tennis Championships, beginning at the Talkatora Stadium here tomorrow.
Women paddlers Archana Kamath and Selena Selvakumar topped their respective groups to advance to the main round in the cadet section of the SET Thailand Open junior and sub-junior table tennis tournament here on Friday.
According to the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) official website, an estimated 450 million people across the world followed the 2015 World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China, making it the most followed table tennis event in history.
The international table tennis leader has pressed Olympic chief Thomas Bach for the sport to get an extra gold medal in the already crowded timetable for the 2020 Tokyo Games.
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) has decided against hiring a foreign coach for the Rio Olympics, a move that will adversely affect the players' preparation, especially the women's team, for the Summer Games in August next year.
Top-seeded Ding Ning of China battled back from an injury scare to regain her world championship crown by beating second-seeded compatriot Liu Shiwen 7-11, 15-13, 11-7, 11-9, 9-11, 4-11, 11-8 in a dramatic women`s singles final on Saturday.
- Watch: Truck driver pulls break on time to avoid accident; saves 3 lives
- Pak High Commission behind terror funding in J&K: Zahoor Watali
- Teachers force students to convert religion; FIR lodged
- JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA - Watch report
- Gorakhpur: Yogi Adityanath accuses previous govts for deaths of children
- DNA: Know why the number of engineering colleges are reducing in India
- Kalinga Utkal express derails at UP's Muzaffarnagar
- Portal launched for online registration of madrasas in UP
- Watch: Clashes of Indian-Chinese soldiers' at Ladakh
- DNA: Know what's there in the upcoming DSC Show
- DNA: Non Stop News
- DNA : Today In History, August 18, 2017
- DNA: Analysing the degradation of moral values in Indian Society
- Watch: Manager pulls lady staff's saree in 5-star hotel, later sacks her
- UP government plans to bring 'fees control law' for private schools
- Aadhaar Card: Here's how to verify your email address, mobile number
- MP: Man assaults woman at gym, brutally kicks her -Watch video
- WATCH: Virat Kohli loses cool after watching child assault video
- 23 dead, many injured as 14 coaches of Utkal Express derail in UP's Khatauli
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha collections—Akshay Kumar proves his mettle; film crosses Rs 100 cr
- Day after Spain terror attacks, three dead in Finland, Germany stabbing spree
- Doctor's attempt to inject hospital superintendent with HIV+ blood over personal grudge foiled
- PM Narendra Modi's austerity drive for ministers, asks them to avoid 5-star hotels, PSUs vehicles
- Ruckus after AIMIM corporators refuse to stand up for Vande Mataram in Maharashtra civic body
- Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA
- Nitish-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA; Sharad Yadav to approach EC to stake claim over party symbol
- Painful menstrual cramps? Experts swear by these Yoga asanas to help you relieve your suffering!
- Air-conditioned jackets for the Indian Special Forces soon, says Manohar Parrirkar
- Rajasthan: No toilet at home, court grants divorce to woman
- WATCH: Alastair Cook reaches his 4th Test double hundred in funniest way