With no other country from the region participating in the South Asian Zone qualification event, the competition was restricted to the Indian paddlers alone.
Both men's and women's teamsmade history by entering the finals of second division of the World Championships.
There are 24 teams in the Second Division divided into four groups of six teams each in both sections.
The Indian men paddlers have done it only second time in 20 editions. For the women, this was the fourth occasion to claim silver.
The Championships, originally scheduled for October, had to pushed to December due to local municipal election in Surat.
All the Indian players expectedly entered the round of 128 in men's singles of the the Asian Table Tennis Championships at Pattaya, Thailand.
The Indian girls finished 10th at the ITF junior world tennis after losing the play-off match 1-2 to Canada, here.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh stamped his authority, though with a bit of struggle, to beat his PSPB colleague Harmeet Desai 4-2 to win the men's singles final in the Inter-Institutional Table Tennis Championships at the Thyagraj Stadium here on Sunday.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh on Saturday entered the men's singles semifinals of the RSPB-hosted 45th All India International Table Tennis Championships after outplaying unseeded Sudhanshu Grover, but top-seed G Sathiyan bowed out in the quarterfinals here.
The Pakistan squad has got the Indian visa to compete in the South Asian Cadet and Junior Table Tennis Championships, beginning at the Talkatora Stadium here tomorrow.
Women paddlers Archana Kamath and Selena Selvakumar topped their respective groups to advance to the main round in the cadet section of the SET Thailand Open junior and sub-junior table tennis tournament here on Friday.
According to the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) official website, an estimated 450 million people across the world followed the 2015 World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China, making it the most followed table tennis event in history.
The international table tennis leader has pressed Olympic chief Thomas Bach for the sport to get an extra gold medal in the already crowded timetable for the 2020 Tokyo Games.
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) has decided against hiring a foreign coach for the Rio Olympics, a move that will adversely affect the players' preparation, especially the women's team, for the Summer Games in August next year.
Top-seeded Ding Ning of China battled back from an injury scare to regain her world championship crown by beating second-seeded compatriot Liu Shiwen 7-11, 15-13, 11-7, 11-9, 9-11, 4-11, 11-8 in a dramatic women`s singles final on Saturday.
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- Killfie - India tops ranking for selfie deaths
- Watch: Heavy snowfall in Kashmir and other hilly areas!
- DNA : What is the reason behind increasing difference between rich and poor?
- PM Narendra Modi makes 14 key points in his speech at Raisina Dialogue - Watch video
- Celebrations in Akhilesh camp after winning 'cycle race'
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- Wrestler Yogeshwar Dutt takes Re1 as dowry from wife's family
- 25 children selected for National Bravery Awards 2016
- DNA : Journey of "Sonam Wangchuk", Man who took education to level new heights in Laddakh
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Which is your favourite: Virat Kohli's jab or MS Dhoni's helicopter shot — VIDEO
- Real reason why Election Commission gave 'cycle' to Akhilesh Yadav but not his father Mulayam Singh
- Viral video: She was walking wearing sleeveless top and jeans — Know what happened next
- This Kashmiri IAS officer’s Facebook post on `Dangal` girl Zaira Wasim’s situation is going viral – Read here
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- WATCH: Najibullah Zadran's 'ridiculous shot' which went for a six is killing the Internet