With no other country from the region participating in the South Asian Zone qualification event, the competition was restricted to the Indian paddlers alone.
Both men's and women's teamsmade history by entering the finals of second division of the World Championships.
There are 24 teams in the Second Division divided into four groups of six teams each in both sections.
The Indian men paddlers have done it only second time in 20 editions. For the women, this was the fourth occasion to claim silver.
The Championships, originally scheduled for October, had to pushed to December due to local municipal election in Surat.
All the Indian players expectedly entered the round of 128 in men's singles of the the Asian Table Tennis Championships at Pattaya, Thailand.
The Indian girls finished 10th at the ITF junior world tennis after losing the play-off match 1-2 to Canada, here.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh stamped his authority, though with a bit of struggle, to beat his PSPB colleague Harmeet Desai 4-2 to win the men's singles final in the Inter-Institutional Table Tennis Championships at the Thyagraj Stadium here on Sunday.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh on Saturday entered the men's singles semifinals of the RSPB-hosted 45th All India International Table Tennis Championships after outplaying unseeded Sudhanshu Grover, but top-seed G Sathiyan bowed out in the quarterfinals here.
The Pakistan squad has got the Indian visa to compete in the South Asian Cadet and Junior Table Tennis Championships, beginning at the Talkatora Stadium here tomorrow.
Women paddlers Archana Kamath and Selena Selvakumar topped their respective groups to advance to the main round in the cadet section of the SET Thailand Open junior and sub-junior table tennis tournament here on Friday.
According to the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) official website, an estimated 450 million people across the world followed the 2015 World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China, making it the most followed table tennis event in history.
The international table tennis leader has pressed Olympic chief Thomas Bach for the sport to get an extra gold medal in the already crowded timetable for the 2020 Tokyo Games.
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) has decided against hiring a foreign coach for the Rio Olympics, a move that will adversely affect the players' preparation, especially the women's team, for the Summer Games in August next year.
Top-seeded Ding Ning of China battled back from an injury scare to regain her world championship crown by beating second-seeded compatriot Liu Shiwen 7-11, 15-13, 11-7, 11-9, 9-11, 4-11, 11-8 in a dramatic women`s singles final on Saturday.
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- DNA: Till when will politicians play the 'appeasement' card to pacify minorities?
- Why are Muslims considered a minority in J&K despite major population share?
- Why is the decision of closing slaughterhouses being opposed?
- Meat sellers in UP on indefinite strike after govt's actions against illegal slaughterhouse
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- 30 passengers injured as tourist bus hits divider on Noida Expressway
- CM Yogi Adityanath reaches Gomti riverfront to meet officers and review reformative works
- Dhule: Fire kills five members of a family
- Indian taxi driver racially abused, attacked in Australia
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'
- IND vs AUS, 4th Test, Day 4 - As it happened...
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO
- Two orphans from Rajasthan discover Rs 96,000 in demonetised notes at home, urge PM Narendra Modi for help
- Highly religious people, atheists are least fearful of death, say scientists!
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni one of the popular names to be ignored for Padma awards by government: Report
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Watch: Bhuvneshwar Kumar sends Steve Smith's off-stump cart-wheeling in Dharamsala