With no other country from the region participating in the South Asian Zone qualification event, the competition was restricted to the Indian paddlers alone.
Both men's and women's teamsmade history by entering the finals of second division of the World Championships.
There are 24 teams in the Second Division divided into four groups of six teams each in both sections.
The Indian men paddlers have done it only second time in 20 editions. For the women, this was the fourth occasion to claim silver.
The Championships, originally scheduled for October, had to pushed to December due to local municipal election in Surat.
All the Indian players expectedly entered the round of 128 in men's singles of the the Asian Table Tennis Championships at Pattaya, Thailand.
The Indian girls finished 10th at the ITF junior world tennis after losing the play-off match 1-2 to Canada, here.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh stamped his authority, though with a bit of struggle, to beat his PSPB colleague Harmeet Desai 4-2 to win the men's singles final in the Inter-Institutional Table Tennis Championships at the Thyagraj Stadium here on Sunday.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh on Saturday entered the men's singles semifinals of the RSPB-hosted 45th All India International Table Tennis Championships after outplaying unseeded Sudhanshu Grover, but top-seed G Sathiyan bowed out in the quarterfinals here.
The Pakistan squad has got the Indian visa to compete in the South Asian Cadet and Junior Table Tennis Championships, beginning at the Talkatora Stadium here tomorrow.
Women paddlers Archana Kamath and Selena Selvakumar topped their respective groups to advance to the main round in the cadet section of the SET Thailand Open junior and sub-junior table tennis tournament here on Friday.
According to the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) official website, an estimated 450 million people across the world followed the 2015 World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China, making it the most followed table tennis event in history.
The international table tennis leader has pressed Olympic chief Thomas Bach for the sport to get an extra gold medal in the already crowded timetable for the 2020 Tokyo Games.
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) has decided against hiring a foreign coach for the Rio Olympics, a move that will adversely affect the players' preparation, especially the women's team, for the Summer Games in August next year.
Top-seeded Ding Ning of China battled back from an injury scare to regain her world championship crown by beating second-seeded compatriot Liu Shiwen 7-11, 15-13, 11-7, 11-9, 9-11, 4-11, 11-8 in a dramatic women`s singles final on Saturday.
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Watch - Ram Nath Kovind's swearing-in ceremony as President
- DNA: All you need to know about the President's Bodyguard
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- Sanjay Manjrekar criticises Mithali Raj and co for Women's World Cup final defeat, faces heat on Twitter
- After demitting Rashtrapati Bhavan, Pranab Mukherjee to occupy heritage bungalow in Lutyens’ Delhi
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA