Union minister Beni Prasad Verma today held some Congress leaders responsible for the party`s defeat in the 2012 assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh, alleging they worked as B-team of the Samajwadi Party.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi dropped enough hints about a major shake up in the Uttar Pradesh unit of the party.
the Allahabad High Court Friday directed authorities to return five hectares of land to two farmers from Gautam Buddh
A Junior Engineer of the
irrigation department here has been arrested for allegedly giving a bribe of Rs 50,000 to an investigating officer of Lokayukta office here, official sources Wednesday said.
RSS has said it will be difficult for BJP to come to power in 2014 Lok Sabha elections unless it answers the questions posed by Assembly poll results.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh took a dig at Mayawati for her contention that his party was responsible for the defeat of BSP in the UP polls.
People in Uttar Pradesh did not vote for Congress as they knew Rahul Gandhi would not stay there to become the Chief Minister.
The growing frustration of people
against criminal elements in politics has manifested itself in UP polls, where several such candidates lost.
Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti said that she accepted full responsibility for the party`s poor showing in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly election.
The decision on Uttar Pradesh’s next chief minister will be taken after Holi on March 09, 2012.
Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav’s son and party’s state unit head Akhilesh Yadav is likely to be appointed as the new CM of Uttar Pradesh.
Rashtriya Lok Manch, the party
floated by Amar Singh drew a blank in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
In May, 2007 Mayawati`s BSP romped
home to a majority by winning 206 seats and five years later
Mulayam Singh Yadav avenged the defeat.
The Samajwadi Party may have stormed to power in UP but it failed to make an impression in 3 constituencies falling in the National Capital.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Tuesday
congratulated Mulayam Singh Yadav on Samajwadi Party`s
impressive win in the UP Assembly elections, saying it is a
victory of secular forces.
Singh had fielded 360 candidates across UP of his
year-old party and had campaigned hard with Jaya Prada.
SP leader Akhilesh Yadav condemned the violence and assured that action will be taken against all those who have taken law into their hands.
DMK president M Karunanidhi on Tuesday greeted Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav for his party`s electoral triumph in Uttar Pradesh.
Rahul Gandhi might have created a hue and cry over land acquisition but the voters in Bhatta-Parsaul appeared to have preferred ruling BSP.
At the end, it was a tale of two Princes in UP - one won and the other lost.
Samajwadi Party said it would
implement all promises made by it in the election manifesto for Uttar Pradesh.
Samajwadi Party`s convincing win
in Uttar Pradesh cheered over 100 sugar mills in the
Akhilesh Yadav thanked the people profusely for giving them a clear majority in Uttar Pradesh.
On poor showing by the Congress party in UP, the senior party spokesperson Digvijay Singh said that he was ‘responsible’ for the debacle.
The expensive giant statues of BSP
supremo Mayawati and party symbol elephant in Uttar Pradesh
will remain safe.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday put up a brave face despite his party’s poor performance in the Assembly elections held in five states, including Uttar Pradesh.
Mayawati has the distinction of being the first Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh to have completed a full five-year term in the post.
Reacting to the results of the five State Assembly elections, the BJP said that the mandate reflected an anti-UPA mood.
Stating that elections are not about responsibilities, a visibly upset Union Law and Justice Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday said the Congress Party will look into the entire picture and come to a conclusion.
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- UP: Time bomb found at Farukhabad Railway Station
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- What is PM Modi's operation 'prism'?
- Watch: Today's top headlines @9:00 pm
- Panel discussion on votebank politics over Dadri lynching case
- Watch: Morning Headlines @ 10:30
- Watch: 15 reporters, 15 cities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights
- Dadri lynching: Local BJP member's son instigated crowd to attack Mohammed Iqlakh
- Did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- Know what Farhan Akhtar’s TV show 'I Can Do That’ is all about
- Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble depose before Lodha Commission
- 2015 FIFA Ballon d'Or longlist leaked; Ospina in with Messi, Ronaldo but no Buffon: Report
- Know what happens to Aamir Khan after he eats Punjabi food
- Shashank Manohar formally elected as BCCI president
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!