Union minister Beni Prasad Verma today held some Congress leaders responsible for the party`s defeat in the 2012 assembly polls in Uttar Pradesh, alleging they worked as B-team of the Samajwadi Party.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi dropped enough hints about a major shake up in the Uttar Pradesh unit of the party.
the Allahabad High Court Friday directed authorities to return five hectares of land to two farmers from Gautam Buddh
A Junior Engineer of the
irrigation department here has been arrested for allegedly giving a bribe of Rs 50,000 to an investigating officer of Lokayukta office here, official sources Wednesday said.
RSS has said it will be difficult for BJP to come to power in 2014 Lok Sabha elections unless it answers the questions posed by Assembly poll results.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh took a dig at Mayawati for her contention that his party was responsible for the defeat of BSP in the UP polls.
People in Uttar Pradesh did not vote for Congress as they knew Rahul Gandhi would not stay there to become the Chief Minister.
The growing frustration of people
against criminal elements in politics has manifested itself in UP polls, where several such candidates lost.
Senior BJP leader Uma Bharti said that she accepted full responsibility for the party`s poor showing in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly election.
The decision on Uttar Pradesh’s next chief minister will be taken after Holi on March 09, 2012.
Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav’s son and party’s state unit head Akhilesh Yadav is likely to be appointed as the new CM of Uttar Pradesh.
Rashtriya Lok Manch, the party
floated by Amar Singh drew a blank in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
In May, 2007 Mayawati`s BSP romped
home to a majority by winning 206 seats and five years later
Mulayam Singh Yadav avenged the defeat.
The Samajwadi Party may have stormed to power in UP but it failed to make an impression in 3 constituencies falling in the National Capital.
RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Tuesday
congratulated Mulayam Singh Yadav on Samajwadi Party`s
impressive win in the UP Assembly elections, saying it is a
victory of secular forces.
Singh had fielded 360 candidates across UP of his
year-old party and had campaigned hard with Jaya Prada.
SP leader Akhilesh Yadav condemned the violence and assured that action will be taken against all those who have taken law into their hands.
DMK president M Karunanidhi on Tuesday greeted Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav for his party`s electoral triumph in Uttar Pradesh.
Rahul Gandhi might have created a hue and cry over land acquisition but the voters in Bhatta-Parsaul appeared to have preferred ruling BSP.
At the end, it was a tale of two Princes in UP - one won and the other lost.
Samajwadi Party said it would
implement all promises made by it in the election manifesto for Uttar Pradesh.
Samajwadi Party`s convincing win
in Uttar Pradesh cheered over 100 sugar mills in the
Akhilesh Yadav thanked the people profusely for giving them a clear majority in Uttar Pradesh.
On poor showing by the Congress party in UP, the senior party spokesperson Digvijay Singh said that he was ‘responsible’ for the debacle.
The expensive giant statues of BSP
supremo Mayawati and party symbol elephant in Uttar Pradesh
will remain safe.
Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday put up a brave face despite his party’s poor performance in the Assembly elections held in five states, including Uttar Pradesh.
Mayawati has the distinction of being the first Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh to have completed a full five-year term in the post.
Reacting to the results of the five State Assembly elections, the BJP said that the mandate reflected an anti-UPA mood.
Stating that elections are not about responsibilities, a visibly upset Union Law and Justice Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday said the Congress Party will look into the entire picture and come to a conclusion.
- Hema Malini injured in Dausa car crash
- 1,400 teachers with fake degrees resign in Bihar
- Telangana CM gets Rs 5 crore bullet-proof luxury bus
- Court clerk clears Rajasthan Judicial Service, becomes judge!
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- AIB: Swatchh Bharat-Clean India reality check
- Telephone exchange case: CBI interrogates Dayanidhi Maran third time
- Why Bal Bharti School cancelled admission of 60 students?
- SECC will provide important input for policy makers: Arun Jaitley
- Now, another AAP MLA in fake degree row
- Aapke Sitare, July 2: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Aapke Sitare, July 3: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- Nationwide mobile number portability from today!
- Kareena, Arjun Kapoor to start shooting for Balki's film by July end
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kandahar hijack was ''goofed up'': Former RAW chief
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- No intention to surround India in 'string of pearl' bases: China
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube
- Kerala student with 100% marks denied admission in Delhi University, approaches HC
- This dog in Madhya Pradesh got an Aadhaar card for itself
- Govt releases first Socio-Economic and Caste Census in 8 decades
- MPs won't get hike in salary and allowances, govt not willing to accept proposals
- France says no to asylum for WikiLeaks` Julian Assange
- As Amarnath yatra gets underway, Hizbul Mujahideen terrorists pose for Facebook