The Pakistan Hockey Federation is confident that their players won`t face any security issues during the cash-rich Hockey India League that started in New Delhi today.
The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has decided not to ban the eight players, including former captains Rehan Butt and Shakeel Abbasi, for playing in the rebel World Series Hockey (WSH) in India. Instead, heavy fines would be slapped on them so that they would be eligible for selection in Pakistan`s squad for London Olympics.
Sher-e-Punjab lead by captain Prabhjot Singh’s two goals defeated Pune Strykers 5-2 to lift the inaugural World Series Hockey on Monday here.
Union Sports Minister Ajay Maken, who was here to watch the final of the World Series Hockey, on Monday gave a thumbs-up to the tournament and called it the best- ever sporting event to be organised in India.
Pune Strykers came back from the dead to edge out Chandigarh Comets 7-6 via tie-break in a rousing semi-final of the inaugural World Series Hockey here on Sunday.
Sher-e-Punjab thrashed hosts Karnataka Lions 4-1 to sail into the final of the inaugural World Series Hockey on Sunday.
The multi-million dollar World Series Hockey (WSH) tournament could provide a much-needed boost to the sport in the country and make the national side a force to reckon with in the future, feels Pakistan hockey legend Shahbaz Ahmed.
He is disappointed not to get the opportunity to rub shoulders with his Indian counterparts in the ongoing World Series Hockey, but star Pakistan player Shakeel Abbasi on Saturday said that he risked his international career to play in the lucrative league since he wanted to pay respect to his commitment towards the organizers.
Chandigarh Comets are expected to hold a slight edge over Pune Strykers when the two teams clash in the second semifinal of the USD 2 million World Series Hockey tournament, at the MHA-Mahindra Stadium on Sunday.
To accommodate the home advantage factor for at least one of the qualifiers, the organisers of the Bridgestone World Series Hockey have rearranged the venues of the two semi-finals, to be held on Sunday.
Mumbai Marines torpedoed Chennai Cheetahs` semi final hopes with a comprehensive 4-1 victory in the final league encounter of the Bridgestone World Series Hockey at the MHA-Mahindra Stadium on Friday.
Pakistan dragflicker Shakeel Abbasi notched up a hattrick as Delhi Wizards eked out a thrilling 7-5 victory over Sher-E-Punjab in their last match of the World Series Hockey on Friday.
Simrandeep Randhawa came up with a brilliant hat-trick to help Pune Strykers snatch a thrilling 5-4 victory over Bhopal Badshahs.
With both sides having already qualified for the semi-finals, Chandigarh Comets` Gurjinder Singh scored four goals to help his side crush Karnataka Lions 6-1.
Hosts Chennai Cheetahs made an incredible comeback in the final quarter as they beat Delhi Wizards 6-4 to keep their hopes of making it to the semi-finals alive.
A last-minute goal by Robert Green helped local favourites Chandigarh Comets beat struggling Mumbai Marines 4-3 and assure themselves a semifinal berth in the World Series Hockey here on Wednesday.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Separatists call for Kashmir bandh today
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Till when will politicians play the 'appeasement' card to pacify minorities?
- Watch: Exclusive report on joint exercise conducted by India and Oman soldiers
- Nigerians beaten up by locals in Greater Noida
- Why are Muslims considered a minority in J&K despite major population share?
- Meat sellers in UP on indefinite strike after govt's actions against illegal slaughterhouse
- India defeat Australia by eight wickets, reclaim Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- Delhi MCD Election: What concerns do Delhiites have in their mind?
- Public outrage after fire breaks out in Neelganga area in Ujjain, around 20 shops burnt
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- IND vs AUS, 4th Test, Day 4 - As it happened...
- Fuming Sakshi Rawat asked if 'is there any privacy left' or not after husband MS Dhoni's private Aadhaar info leaked on Twitter
- Shakti devotees Narendra Modi, Yogi Adityanath begin 9-day Chaitra Navratri fast
- Raju Srivastava replaces Sunil Grover, becomes permanent member of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Rupee hits 17-month high; gains past 65 vs US dollar
- Have you ever seen a fish like this one? It's 20-feet long, weighs 700 kgs
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- 'Man of action` Yogi Adityanath comes to the rescue of a woman facing torture over dowry
- BIG DEBATE - Muslims are 68% in J&K, why they are still considered minority?