The Pakistan Hockey Federation is confident that their players won`t face any security issues during the cash-rich Hockey India League that started in New Delhi today.
The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has decided not to ban the eight players, including former captains Rehan Butt and Shakeel Abbasi, for playing in the rebel World Series Hockey (WSH) in India. Instead, heavy fines would be slapped on them so that they would be eligible for selection in Pakistan`s squad for London Olympics.
Sher-e-Punjab lead by captain Prabhjot Singh’s two goals defeated Pune Strykers 5-2 to lift the inaugural World Series Hockey on Monday here.
Union Sports Minister Ajay Maken, who was here to watch the final of the World Series Hockey, on Monday gave a thumbs-up to the tournament and called it the best- ever sporting event to be organised in India.
Pune Strykers came back from the dead to edge out Chandigarh Comets 7-6 via tie-break in a rousing semi-final of the inaugural World Series Hockey here on Sunday.
Sher-e-Punjab thrashed hosts Karnataka Lions 4-1 to sail into the final of the inaugural World Series Hockey on Sunday.
The multi-million dollar World Series Hockey (WSH) tournament could provide a much-needed boost to the sport in the country and make the national side a force to reckon with in the future, feels Pakistan hockey legend Shahbaz Ahmed.
He is disappointed not to get the opportunity to rub shoulders with his Indian counterparts in the ongoing World Series Hockey, but star Pakistan player Shakeel Abbasi on Saturday said that he risked his international career to play in the lucrative league since he wanted to pay respect to his commitment towards the organizers.
Chandigarh Comets are expected to hold a slight edge over Pune Strykers when the two teams clash in the second semifinal of the USD 2 million World Series Hockey tournament, at the MHA-Mahindra Stadium on Sunday.
To accommodate the home advantage factor for at least one of the qualifiers, the organisers of the Bridgestone World Series Hockey have rearranged the venues of the two semi-finals, to be held on Sunday.
Mumbai Marines torpedoed Chennai Cheetahs` semi final hopes with a comprehensive 4-1 victory in the final league encounter of the Bridgestone World Series Hockey at the MHA-Mahindra Stadium on Friday.
Pakistan dragflicker Shakeel Abbasi notched up a hattrick as Delhi Wizards eked out a thrilling 7-5 victory over Sher-E-Punjab in their last match of the World Series Hockey on Friday.
Simrandeep Randhawa came up with a brilliant hat-trick to help Pune Strykers snatch a thrilling 5-4 victory over Bhopal Badshahs.
With both sides having already qualified for the semi-finals, Chandigarh Comets` Gurjinder Singh scored four goals to help his side crush Karnataka Lions 6-1.
Hosts Chennai Cheetahs made an incredible comeback in the final quarter as they beat Delhi Wizards 6-4 to keep their hopes of making it to the semi-finals alive.
A last-minute goal by Robert Green helped local favourites Chandigarh Comets beat struggling Mumbai Marines 4-3 and assure themselves a semifinal berth in the World Series Hockey here on Wednesday.
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Ghatkopar: Death toll in Mumbai building collapse rises to 17
- Watch - Ram Nath Kovind's swearing-in ceremony as President
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- Taimur pushes mommy Kareena Kapoor Khan – Watch Video to know why he does so
- Team India skipper Mithali Raj to be gifted BMW, confirms V Chamundeswaranath