The tainted trio of Geeta Devi, Manpreet Kaur and Harkirat Kaur, had purchased food supplements from a shop in Ludhiana.
Punam Yadav bagged gold medals in both senior and junior women's categories in 2015 Commonwealth Youth, Junior & Senior weightlifting championships.
Albanian weightlifters Daniel Godelli, Romela Begaj and Hysen Pulaku have received heavy punishment for failing dope tests from the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
In what could be termed as one of the biggest doping scandals in recent years, as many as 21 weightlifters have been provisionally suspended by the Indian Weightlifting Federation after testing positive for banned substances.
Bulgaria confirmed to withdraw from next month's European weightlifting championships on Thursday after 11 of its athletes tested positive for steroids, a media report said on Friday.
The Bulgarian weightlifting team will not take part in the upcoming European championships in Tbilisi, Georgia, after eleven athletes tested positive for doping, the Bulgarian federation announced on Saturday.
Bulgarian former Olympic weightlifting champion Milen Dobrev has died at just 35 after suffering a heart-attack, his family said Saturday.
India's junior women lifters, Pramila Krisani and Joti Mal bagged a silver and a bronze medal, respectively at the 17th Asian Youth (boys & girls) and 22nd Junior Women Championships in Doha, Qatar.
There is not much to show in terms of stellar performances but the fact that Indian weightlifters managed to bury the ghost of doping, which has haunted them for long, was no less an achievement in what can easily be considered a good year for the sport.
At the end of Day 9 of Incheon Asian Games, 14 World records have already broken. As compared to the last edition, where only three new world records were created, the 17th edition of Asian Games is proving lot more competitive.
Gentle giant Zhou Lulu on Friday raised the heaviest single weight ever recorded by a woman weightlifter at the Asian Games but insisted she is just "an ordinary girl."
Superheavyweight Zhou Lulu hoisted the largest single weight ever by a woman to give China an eighth Asian Games weightlifting gold on Friday.
Five facts about Iranian Hercules, Behdad Salimi, who competes for the Asian Games superheavy (+105kg) weightlifting title on Friday:
Kim Un Ju became the latest North Korean weightlifter to set a world record at the Asian Games during her gold medal winning effort in the women`s 75kg category on Thursday.
North Korea`s Kim Un-Guk broke three world records on his way to gold in the 62kg class weightlifting at the Asian Games on Sunday.
Having raised the country's expectations after winning 12 'clean' medals in the recently concluded Glasgow Commonwealth Games (CWG), the Indian weightlifting contingent will be eyeing more glory in the 17th Asian Games starting Friday in the South Korean city of Incheon.
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- India signs Rafale deal with France to buy 36 fighter jets
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- BSF arrests Pakistani nationalist in Akhnooor sector
- DNA: How will Indian defense gain strength after multi-role combat aircraft Rafale?
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- BJP national council meet chaired by Amit Shah begins in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analyzing the pitiful condition of education system in India
- SC revokes parole of Subrata Roy Sahara
- Will India revoke Indus Waters Treaty as retaliation against Uri attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa hospitalised, stable now
- Uri revenge? India likely to revisit 1960 Indus Water Treaty with Pakistan
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- Has Pakistan Army selected `targets` in India?
- Mumbai, Uran on high alert: Suspects' sketches released, one heard as saying `We will target ONGC`
- 'Pakistan unreliable, diverting US aid money to ISI which is funding global terrorism'
- MUST WATCH: `Pakistan's motto is destruction of India`
- India attacks Pakistani camps, jihadis only in Bollywood films: JeM chief Masood Azhar