Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi has said that his team`s defeat against arch-rivals India in the semifinals of World Cup 2011 at Mohali still haunted him and made him sad.
India and Pakistan get a rare chance to score brownie points when they renew their intense, but intermittent, cricket rivalry in the Asia Cup one-day tournament which opens in Bangladesh on Tuesday.
With the case of hundreds of unsold tickets of the World Cup final held here on April 2, 2011 still a festering sore for its 330-odd clubs, Mumbai Cricket Association will write to them asking for inputs, if they have any, to solve the mystery.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Integrity Committee is yet to give its clearance to Kamran Akmal, who is hoping to return to the national team.
Confusion continued to prevail over the exact status of wicketkeeper-batsman Kamran Akmal who has now been told to appear before the Pakistan Cricket Board`s integrity committee on Wednesday.
Former Australian cricket captain Ricky Ponting is sweating it out in the gym to ensure he starts this year’s Australian summer in peak condition.
The Pakistan Cricket Board has finally made the way for Kamran Akmal`s return to the national team after it clarified that the wicket-keeper batsman does not need a clearence from PCB`s integrity committee.
Indian women`s cricket captain Mithali Raj on Tuesday said that her side would look to emulate their male counterparts by winning the Twenty20 World Cup.
All-rounder Yusuf Pathan, a member of the World Cup winning cricket team, has finally been presented the Gujarat Government`s Eklavya Award, almost 14 months after it was announced.
A Kenyan player is being investigated over suspicion of fixing a 2011 Cricket World Cup game against Pakistan in Hambantota in Sri Lanka, according to the chief of Kenya Cricket Board.
Despite the knowledge that he had developed a serious health problem, winning the World Cup was at the top of Yuvraj Singh`s priority list around the time the mega-event was on, his father Yograj said today.
When Team India Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni led Team India to the memorable World Cup victory in April nobody knew he would put himself to test to pick between Test cricket and ODI so soon.
India`s World Cup hero Yuvraj Singh, who is recovering from an non-malignant tumour in his lung, on Sunday said that he was targetting to be fit for the ODI tri-series in Australia in February next year.
Dhoni will put up his prized willow, which won India the World Cup, for auction.
Sri Lanka`s sports minister on Tuesday said he suspected an "inside job" over the disappearance of crucial financial data relating to the World Cup co-hosted by the island.
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Watch: Reports on natural mosquito repellent
- Delhi: Fire in children's ward of GTB Hospital, no casualties
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- DNA: Today in History | October 22, 2016
- Panel discussion on politics of MNS in the name of patriotism
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- ADHM row: Twinkle Khanna slams Raj Thackeray for demanding Army funds from producers
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Ways to overcome negativity
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Here's how Alzheimer's disease can be possibly prevented
- Brave BSF jawan Gurnam Singh, injured in Pak firing, succumbs to injuries
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'
- Virender Sehwag Trolls Fan Who Wished Him Two Days After His 38th Birthday
- Wasim Akram, Shahid Afridi make it to Ahmed Shehzad's list of favourites
- 150 Stumpings, 9000 Runs, Most Sixes for a Captain: MS Dhoni on record breaking spree against New Zealand in Mohali
- Red wine- the new medicine for hormonal imbalance in women
- Pakistani spy arrested in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba; two Pak SIM cards, map seized
- Pakistan vs West Indies, 2nd Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Gauri Khan chills with youngest son AbRam in Barcelona!