Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra has said that batting star Virat Kohli is a `great example` for Pakistani batsman Umar Akmal to keep his momentum going with big scores, especially `on a roll`.
Virender Sehwag’s former domestic and international opening partner Aakash Chopra has backed the veteran batsman claiming that given Viru’s abilities and attitude, you can’t rule out a comeback to the national squad.
Paceman Vikramjeet Malik returned with a five-wicket haul to bundle out Jammu and Kashmir for a paltry 175 and put Himachal Pradesh in a commanding position on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
According to Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) inside sources it was the infighting and pressure from district associations which forced him to move to Himachal from Rajasthan ranji team.
Impossible does happen in life. It has happened to Aakash. It has happened to Rajasthan. And Out of the Blue tells us that…
Former India opener Aakash Chopra feels that the rotation should not be restricted to the top three batsman only and rather there should be a change in the middle-order of the team as well.
Former India opener Aakash Chopra believes that the "meaningless" tournaments like Duleep and Deodhar trophies should be done away with to improve the domestic cricket structure of the country.
The soft spoken captain, Hrishikesh Kanitkar, points out the team work and the camaraderie among the staff and players as the reasons for their back to back success.
What their predecessors failed to realize repeatedly in 1960s, they have achieved it twice by winning two back-to-back Ranji Trophy titles.
Opener Vineet Saxena hit an unbeaten career-best double ton to propel Rajasthan to a 404/2 at stumps on Day 2 of the Ranji Trophy final against Tamil Nadu at MA Chidambaram stadium on Friday.
An intriguing third day is on the cards as hosts Haryana need another 170 runs to win with eight wickets in hand against defending champions Rajasthan in the Ranji Trophy semi-final, being played at Bansi Lal Stadium.
The 22-yard strip at the Bansi Lal Stadium in Lahli turned out to be a minefield for both Rajasthan and Haryana batsmen as 18 wickets fell on the first day of the Ranji Trophy semi-final.
Superb centuries by opener Aakash Chopra and glovesman Dishant Yagnik helped Rajasthan to post a solid 421 on the second day of their Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Hyderabad.
Aakash Chopra`s dogged half century and an equally gritty effort by glovesman Dishant Yagnik helped Rajasthan reach 220 for five.
Admitting that they were lucky to have made the cut, Rajasthan skipper Aakash Chopra on Friday said the defending champions would miss the service of pacer Deepak Chahar in their Ranji Trophy quarterfinal match against Hyderabad.
Centuries from veteran opener Aakash Chopra (135) and young Robin Bist (100 no) helped hosts Rajasthan get a solitary point against the formidable Uttar Pradesh in a Ranji Trophy Elite group match.
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Mark the date – Watch this year's only breathtaking 'ring of fire' solar eclipse on February 26
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office
- Apollo Hospitals reveal why they didn't release photos of J Jayalalithaa
- Kansas shooting: Donald Trump is the primary reason, says Srinivas Kuchibhotla's relative