Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra has said that batting star Virat Kohli is a `great example` for Pakistani batsman Umar Akmal to keep his momentum going with big scores, especially `on a roll`.
Virender Sehwag’s former domestic and international opening partner Aakash Chopra has backed the veteran batsman claiming that given Viru’s abilities and attitude, you can’t rule out a comeback to the national squad.
Paceman Vikramjeet Malik returned with a five-wicket haul to bundle out Jammu and Kashmir for a paltry 175 and put Himachal Pradesh in a commanding position on the opening day of their four-day Ranji Trophy Group C match here today.
According to Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) inside sources it was the infighting and pressure from district associations which forced him to move to Himachal from Rajasthan ranji team.
Impossible does happen in life. It has happened to Aakash. It has happened to Rajasthan. And Out of the Blue tells us that…
Former India opener Aakash Chopra feels that the rotation should not be restricted to the top three batsman only and rather there should be a change in the middle-order of the team as well.
Former India opener Aakash Chopra believes that the "meaningless" tournaments like Duleep and Deodhar trophies should be done away with to improve the domestic cricket structure of the country.
The soft spoken captain, Hrishikesh Kanitkar, points out the team work and the camaraderie among the staff and players as the reasons for their back to back success.
What their predecessors failed to realize repeatedly in 1960s, they have achieved it twice by winning two back-to-back Ranji Trophy titles.
Opener Vineet Saxena hit an unbeaten career-best double ton to propel Rajasthan to a 404/2 at stumps on Day 2 of the Ranji Trophy final against Tamil Nadu at MA Chidambaram stadium on Friday.
An intriguing third day is on the cards as hosts Haryana need another 170 runs to win with eight wickets in hand against defending champions Rajasthan in the Ranji Trophy semi-final, being played at Bansi Lal Stadium.
The 22-yard strip at the Bansi Lal Stadium in Lahli turned out to be a minefield for both Rajasthan and Haryana batsmen as 18 wickets fell on the first day of the Ranji Trophy semi-final.
Superb centuries by opener Aakash Chopra and glovesman Dishant Yagnik helped Rajasthan to post a solid 421 on the second day of their Ranji Trophy quarterfinal against Hyderabad.
Aakash Chopra`s dogged half century and an equally gritty effort by glovesman Dishant Yagnik helped Rajasthan reach 220 for five.
Admitting that they were lucky to have made the cut, Rajasthan skipper Aakash Chopra on Friday said the defending champions would miss the service of pacer Deepak Chahar in their Ranji Trophy quarterfinal match against Hyderabad.
Centuries from veteran opener Aakash Chopra (135) and young Robin Bist (100 no) helped hosts Rajasthan get a solitary point against the formidable Uttar Pradesh in a Ranji Trophy Elite group match.
- Maharashtra: Video of man being hacked to death in suspected gang war goes viral
- DNA: All you need to know about Shimla gang-rape case
- Reliance AGM: Know how you can get a free Jio 4G smartphone
- Lesson to learn! Israel's way of dealing with stone pelters
- Encounter between police and miscreants in Ghaziabad, one arrested
- Watch: Dress rehearsal for oath-taking ceremony of President-elect Ram Nath Kovind
- Watch: Alarming report on 'wrong-side driving' in India
- Earthquake hits Greece and Turkey: At least two dead, over 100 injured
- Naresh Agarwal issues notice against media for reporting his controversial statement in Parliament
- Basirhat: International Muslim Conference scheduled for today cancelled
- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal accused of molesting a woman
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Indian rifleman martyred in Pakistan's ceasefire violation in Rajouri, J&K
- DNA: Today In History, July 21, 2017
- DNA: Analysing the article published in China's Global Times about standoff at Dokhlam
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur's sensational six in BBL that even left Adam Gilchrist awestruck
- 'Expelled' from Congress, Shankersinh Vaghela heaps praise on RSS
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha leaked online, Akshay Kumar appeals fans to say 'no to piracy'
- Munna Michael movie review: Cliched and uninspiring
- OMG! Croc 'returns' body of man after witch doctor summons it: Watch Video
- India will surely lose if it engages with China militarily, warns Chinese daily on Dokalam row
- WATCH: Deepti Sharma takes a stunner to dismiss Nicole Bolton in IND vs AUS WWC 2017 semi-final
- 45-year-old Chinese woman skips breakfast for eight years, develops 200 gallstones
- Have fertility problems? This app helps Kashmiri woman get pregnant after 7 years
- Saif Ali Khan writes an open letter on 'nepotism debate' and his apology to Kangana Ranaut
- Pune techie bleeds to death on road; onlookers click photos, videos
- VTU Results: Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU 8th sem results declared, check @ vtu.ac.in
- Smriti Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for taking dig at Centre, says ‘thank you’
- 30-year-old Pune man consumes liquid nitrogen, tears his abdomen
- Rajeev Shukla congratulates Team India and Harmanpreet Kaur for reaching 'Champions Trophy' final