These flights would be operated from a separate terminal for civilians, which is almost ready, at the Advanced Landing Ground (ALG).
Assam Governor Banwarilal Purohit will take oath as the Governor of Meghalaya in the interim later in the evening.
Two soldiers of Assam Rifles were killed and two others injured on Sunday when militants ambushed a convoy near Jairampur on the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, police said.
Militants ambushed an Assam Rifles vehicle, triggering an encounter along the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border on Sunday morning.
The portfolios attached to the three of them would now be held by the chief minister, the notification issued by Chief Secretary Shakuntala Doley Gamlin said.
Khandu paraded the MLAs before Assembly Speaker Tenzing Norbu Thongdok who accepted their joining, PTI reported.
The defected PPA legislators have chosen Takam Pario as their new legislature party leader, clearing the deck for his taking over as the next chief minister.
“There is no iota of truth in the news that has gone viral about the change in leadership,” Arunachal government spokesperson Bamang Felix said.
All of them have been temporarily suspended from the party's primary membership, ANI reported.
The action came after Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju was informed about an incident of alleged harassment of Haa Tama, a student of Dr K N Modi university in Rajasthan.
The militants reportedly opened fire at an Assam Rifles convoy between Lolchang and Ninu village near the Khonsa town.
The polling, which began at 7 am, was peaceful without any incident of violence reported, Deputy Chief Electoral Officer D J Bhattacharjee said.
Two Chinese nationals have visited Arunachal Pradesh, bordering China, on wrong Protected Area Permits (PAPs), instead of the Restricted Area Permit (RAP), issued by the Deputy Resident Commissioner (DRC) of Arunachal Pradesh office in Guwahati.
"The US Ambassador visited Arunachal Pradesh, a state which is an integral part of the country to which he is accredited," Vikas Swarup said.
On September 9, the Chinese army intruded 45 km inside Arunachal Pradesh's Anjaw district and set up a temporary shelter at 'Plum Post'.
“We need to move ahead with concrete decisions so that all the ALGs are made functional for regular use as soon as possible," Khandu said.
Keeping BJP's option open to be a part of the PPA government in Arunachal Pradesh, North East Democratic Alliance (NEDA) convenor Himanta Biswa Sarma on Sunday said the party will decide its future course of action during the national executive meeting.
The mandate of the people of Arunachal Pradesh, who voted Congress party to power, has been robbed in broad daylight," Congress' spokesman Randeep Surjewala told reporters.
The development comes weeks after the Supreme Court restored the Congress government in the north-eastern state.
Sacking of a defiant Arunachal Pradesh Governor Jyoti Prasad Rajkhowa seems imminent with Home Minister Rajnath Singh, who met President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday, believed to have conveyed that his continuance in the post has become untenable.
Rajkhowa has been told "verbally" by a junior Union Minister and a senior official of the Home Ministry to step down on "health grounds", sources said.
The incident occurred when DSP Bomto Kamdak was leading a police team to the area to arrest an alleged rapist Togyung Yangfo, who escaped from jail a year ago, at around 7 PM last night.
Former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Kalikho Pul, who allegedly committed suicide at his official residence, was cremated on Thursday at Hawai in Anjaw district with full state honours.
Former Arunachal Pradesh CM Kalikho Pul is survived by three wives and four children.
Ex-Arunachal Governor JP Rajkhowa had described Kalikho Pul as the undisputed leader when the latter was sworn-in as the eighth chief minister of Arunachal Pradesh on February 19.
Kalikho Pul was found hanging at his official residence in Itanagar on Tuesday morning.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu convened a high-level emergency meeting here to review the flood situation in the state which remained grim in four districts.
Former Arunachal Pradesh assembly Speaker Nabam Rebia on Wednesday moved the Supreme Court seeking review of its verdict saying that it is "constitutionally impermissible" for the Speaker to decide on the plea for disqualification of lawmakers under the anti-defection law when a motion of no-confidence is pending against him.
Khandu was elected as the leader of Congress in Arunachal Pradesh assembly yesterday, after Tuki stepped down following the Supreme Court orders.
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Sedition case: Delhi Police has evidence to charge JNU students Umar Khalid, Anirban
- I&B Minister Venkaiah Naidu targets Rahul Gandhi over tweet on Gurmehar Kaur
- Andhra Pradesh: Bus accident in Krishna district kills 6, many injured
- PM Modi greets Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on his birthday
- AISA supporters stage 'Save DU' flag march; Miranda House students protest against ABVP, AISA
- Was Javed Akhtar's tweet emphasizing the literacy quotient of sports persons justified?
- Specially designed indigenous 'Antimine shoes' to detect land mines
- UP polls: PM Modi to address rallies in Maharajganj and Deoria
- Ramjas college clash: DU students file PIL in Delhi HC seeking action against cops
- Donald Trump condemns killing of Indian engineer in Kansas
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- JNU case: Delhi Police has evidence to nail Umar Khalid, Anirban Bhattacharya, 7 others
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Virender Sehwag breaks silence over viral tweet, says it wasn't meant for Kargil martyr's daughter
- After Yogeshwar Dutt, Phogat family slams Javed Akhtar for 'hardly literate wrestler' jibe
- Note ban: PM Narendra Modi takes a dig at Amartya Sen, says `hard work more powerful than Harvard`
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership subscription at Rs 99 starts from today – Check out the full tariff chart
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Is it right to support someone who doesn't support the nation? Asks Babita Phogat
- DSGMC Elections 2017 Results: SAD (Badal) emerges as clear winner, says Congress, AAP rejected
- Kansas shooting: White House breaks silence days after Indian techie's killing, says `early reports` are disturbing
- David Warner's 'one-word description' of Indian skipper Virat Kohli will make ever Indian proud
- Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' trailer: WATCH the most fierce avatar of Amitabh Bachchan