In order to do away with differential retirement age for the regular employees serving under the same government, the state government decided to implement the retirement age of such employees from existing 58 to 60 years.
The BCT Road was disrupted on June 19 last due to a massive landslide triggered by torrential rains at an area, 9 kilometres from Bhalukpong.
Thingtu Ngemu, 35, was killed when soldiers of 21 Para (Special Forces) were carrying out an operation in Changlang district during Wednesday night.
The BJP president was to leave for the northeastern state on Monday.
Chief Minister Pema Khandu launched the scheme in presence of Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju and state Food and Civil Supplies minister Kamlung Mossang at a function here.
The Arunachal Pradesh government can`t brush aside the need to establish an autonomous district council in the Naga-dominated areas of Tirap, Changlang and Longding, said various bodies associated with the movement for a Patkai Autonomous Council for the three areas.
Khandu informed Tomar that road connectivity was gradually improving with all-weather access to eligible unconnected habitations.
He reasoned that the Council was created with the sole objective to decentralize regional planning and investments.
A search and rescue team on Sunday recovered black box of Sukhoi 30 aircraft.
A delegation of the TSGAP led by its President Gicho Kabak had met Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama in New Delhi yesterday.
Khandu told SFRTI Director Debamitra Mitra, who called on the Chief Minister at his office to discuss the newly functional institute, that the ambience in Arunachal provides best shooting spots.
The STPF would have one company consisting of 112 contingents of various ranks and it would be deployed for protection of tigers in the 862 sq. km. Pakke Tiger Reserve in the state`s East Kameng district.
Union Minister for Railways Suresh Prabhu flagged off the train from Guwahati.
The students, carrying placards and banners, shouted 'anti-China' slogans and burnt the effigy of Chinese President Xi Jinping.
"Will naming Beijing as Mumbai make China's capital an Indian territory," asks the president of the Arunachal Chamber of Commerce and Industries summing up the mood of locals on China renaming places in Arunachal Pradesh.
China has given its own names to six places in Arunachal Pradesh, which it calls "South Tibet", in a move to reaffirm its territorial sovereignty over the Indian state.
The Rashtriya Syawamsevak Sangh (RSS) has launched a campaign for awarding Bharat Ratna, the country's highest civilian honour to Nobel Laureate and Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama.
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama arrived here in Arunachal Pradesh on Friday, the high point of a visit which has angered China.
The Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama arrived here on Friday along with Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu amid protests by China.
China claims Arunachal Pradesh is part of their territory while India says it is inseparable part of the country.
Diplomatic tensions visibly escalated over the Dalai Lama's visit to Arunachal Pradesh, as China on Wednesday lodged a protest with India and said that by ignoring Beijing`s concerns over the issue New Delhi has caused "serious damage" to bilateral ties.
Angry over the Dalai Lama's visit to Arunachal Pradesh, the Chinese state-run media on Wednesday said New Delhi`s inviting the Tibetan spiritual leader to the "sensitive region" would "gravely damage" India-China relations.
As Dalai Lama's visit to Arunchal Pradesh begins on Wednesday, India-China diplomatic tensions rose afresh with New Delhi asserting that no political motive should be attributed to the visit.
In the face of China`s protest over the Dalai Lama`s visit to Arunachal Pradesh, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said on Tuesday that no political motive should be attributed to the Tibetan spiritual leader`s trip to the northeastern state.
Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Tuesday flagged off Arunachal Pradesh mountaineer Anshu Jamsenpa on her Mount Everest expedition.
A wary China has kept a close watch ahead of the Dalai Lama's visit.
Giving strategic interests a further push, the Centre is exploring feasibility to connect Sino-India border district Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh with the railway network.
Three suspected operatives of banned insurgent group NSCN (K) have been apprehended and arms and ammunition seized by the police from the Lower Dibang Valley district of Arunachal Pradesh.
"Troops of Blazing Sword Division rescued 127 tourists from near Tawang, about 280 km from Tezpur," a defence spokesperson said.
Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju on Friday said that he has urged Chief Minister Siddaramaiah-led Karnataka Government to take strong action in Arunachal Pradesh student`s case where the lad from the north-eastern state was allegedly assaulted by his landlord and later forced to lick his shoes for using excessive water.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens