Pakistani cricketer Fawad Alam has said that he never gave up hope regarding a comeback to the international team and always believed that one day he would be rewarded for his efforts.
Pakistani wicketkeeper-batsman Umar Akmal has reportedly been absolved of all charges in a traffic violation case after the concerned police officer forgave him, saying that the player is a `national hero`.
All-rounder Chris Woakes on Saturday replaced an injured Ben Stokes in the England squad for the ICC World Twenty20 as Event Technical Committee of the tournament has approved the change.
Heaping praise on Lahiru Thirimanne for his match-winning hundred against Pakistan in the Asia Cup final, Sri Lanka captain Angelo Mathews said the youngster is shaping up to be the perfect replacement for veteran Kumar Sangakkara once he calls it a day.
Statistical highlights of the Asia Cup final between Sri Lanka and Pakistan
Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq blamed his bowlers for the team losing the Asia Cup crown to Sri Lanka, stating that they failed to create pressure on the opposition.
Sri Lanka today regained the Asia Cup trophy with a comfortable five-wicket victory over defending champions Pakistan, riding on Lasith Malinga`s five-wicket haul and opener Lahiru Thrimanne`s fluent century, here.
Sri Lanka have not won a major title for a long while and captain Angelo Mathews today said that his side were happy to have broken the "barrier of finals" by defeating Pakistan in the summit clash to lift the Asia Cup here.
Live updates from the final of 2014 Asia Cup final between Pakistan and Sri Lanka being played at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.
Defending champions Pakistan will have to contend with minor injury issues to key players Shahid Afridi and Umar Gul as they take on a consistent Sri Lanka in the final of the Asia Cup cricket tournament here on Saturday.
Rampaging Shahid Afridi and prolific Kumar Sangakkara have set the stage for a rousing contest when Pakistan face Sri Lanka in the Asia Cup one-day final in Dhaka on Saturday.
Injury setbacks are threatening to hamper defending champion Pakistan`s chances but skipper Misbah-ul Haq on Saturday said his team`s morale is so high that last-minute changes would not make much of a difference to it in the Asia Cup summit clash against Sri Lanka here tomorrow.
After ending their Asia Cup campaign with four straight defeats, Bangladesh skipper Mushfiqur Rahim has vowed to come back stronger in the World Twenty20, beginning in 10 day`s time here.
Live updates from the 10th match of 2014 Asia Cup between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka being played at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur.
Experienced Mahela Jayawardene`s prolonged lean patch is not a concern at all and Sri Lanka hope that the right-hander will live up to his reputation in the summit clash of the Asia Cup against Pakistan on Saturday, all-rounder Thisara Perera said today.
Sri Lanka captain Angelo Mathews today admitted that he felt the pressure after losing quite a few wickets while chasing a modest 205-run target in an inconsequential match of the Asia Cup against Bangladesh here.
- India's first traffic robot introduced in Indore
- Martyr Kashmiri cop Firoz Dar's poem on Facebook goes viral
- DNA: Analysing Anil Kumble's exit statement as India coach
- J&K: Three LeT terrorists killed in Pulwama
- Two injured in firing outside Jalandhar mall
- DNA: Analysis of life taking speed breakers
- All you need to know about operation 'All Out' in J&K
- Agra: Drunk policeman creates ruckus, assaults hotel staff
- Prez poll: Kovind files nomination; Meira Kumar to challenge him
- Lucknow: 7-year-old girl dies after iron gate of UP Secretariat falls on her
- Srinagar: Police officer lynched by mob outside Jamia mosque
- ISRO's PSLV-C38 places Cartosat-2 along with 30 nano satellites in orbit
- DNA: Today in History, June 21, 2016
- DNA: Analysing the power of yoga
- Presidential election: JD(U) supports NDA pick Ram Nath Kovind
- Bihar Board 10th result 2017: BSEB 10th result 2017/Matric result 2017 declared, check biharboard.ac.in; overall pass percentage is 50.12
- NEET Result 2017: NEET exam result 2017 declared, check cbseresults.nic.in, cbseneet.nic.in; Navdeep Singh from Punjab tops
- Countdown begins as ISRO set to launch Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites Friday
- After Anil Kumble-Virat Kohli fiasco, fans demand return of MS Dhoni as India captain
- GST effect: AC, first class train fares to go up
- BJP leader Bandi Ramesh hacked to death in Karnataka's Ballari
- Day of retirements for New Zealand: Black Caps lose Luke Ronchi, Jeetan Patel on same day
- Virat Kohli vs Anil Kumble: Batting great Sunil Gavaskar demands clarification from India captain
- Refrain from promoting GST or face protest: Congress' advice to Amitabh Bachchan
- ISRO successfully plants Cartosat-2 with 30 nano satellites in orbit - This is what PM Modi has to say!
- Tubelight movie review: Even Salman Khan's star power isn’t bright enough to illuminate Kabir Khan's film!
- 1st ODI, India vs West Indies: Live Score, Live Streaming, Venue, TV Listing, Date
- Virat Kohli's favourite Ravi Shastri to apply for India job only under one condition
- Srinagar cop stripped naked, stoned to death by angry mob outside Jamia Masjid; 2 arrested
- China funding Pakistan's mega dam in Pak-occupied Kashmir?