A 24-year-old software professional suffered serious injuries, when she jumped to safety from a moving auto-rickshaw here after the driver allegedly tried to abduct her, police said.
Karnataka Health Minister UT Khader Sunday came to the aid of an old couple, involved in an accident, sending them to a hospital in his official car and himself taking an auto to reach his destination.
Two persons were killed today and eight others injured when an auto was hit by a speeding truck in Fatehganj Paschimi area here, police said.
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped by four men in suburban Borivali last night, the police said here Tuesday.
In the wake of hike in CNG prices, Delhi government tonight hinted at a hike in auto and taxi fares soon.
In yet another shocking incident of road rage in the national capital, an auto driver was beaten to death by two persons after scuffle over a minor road accident.
It`s advertising on the move, as clever and gimmicky as they come. Buses are passe and producers are now hitching a ride on Mumbai autorickshaws and looking at taxis too to drive their movies to the masses.Ekta Kapoor is amongst the recent Bollywood filmmakers to innovate and has used autorickshaws to promote her ready-to-release "Ragini MMS" with teasers like "Ragini Ka MMS Dekha Kya?" and "Ragini Yahan Baithi Thi".
Commuters in the city will now
have the option of travelling in taxis with almost the same
fare as that of autorickshaws.
The Federation of All-India
Petroleum Traders said it will go on an
indefinite strike Sept 20 to press for demands such as
raising the commission on fuel sales and a uniform rate for
petroleum products across the country.
Delhi autorickshaw and taxi drivers Thursday protested the hike in CNG prices.
Nine persons, including two
women, were killed on Saturday and another injured when the auto
rickshaw in which they were travelling collided with a lorry
in Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The national capital will come
to a "standstill" if auto-rickshaws are phased out without a
better alternative, Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said
Nissan Motor India would commence production of LCVs under its joint venture with the domestic commercial vehicle major Ashok Leyland by mid-2011 as planned, a top company official said on Monday.
The Indian auto industry is likely to see a growth of 10-12 percent in sales in 2010, but companies will come under margin pressures as competition hots up in the market, according to global rating firm Fitch.
The country’s largest passenger car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. is planning to hike prices on rise in input costs, a company official said.
Ford motor works in Leningrad region will return to a 5-day workweek from Monday.
Tata Group Chief Ratan Tata on Tuesday said the company will consider launching `Nano` in the US in the next three years and is currently developing a bigger engine for the same.
The country`s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki on Tuesday said it plans to have an output of 15 lakh units by 2015 to maintain its 50 per cent market share in the Indian car market.
At 220,429 two-wheelers sold in December 2009, Bajaj Auto Ltd (BAL) registered a 85 per cent growth in sales over December 2008, when it sold 119,215 units, a company release said.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor today announced that it has recorded the highest sales for a calendar year with a 107 percent growth at 55,497 units in 2009.
The country`s largest auto maker Tata Motors today said its total sales during December last year more than doubled to 51,627 units, up from 25,219 vehicles sold in December 2008.
A slew of feel-good news greeted India Inc on the New Year Day with November exports showing signs of scripting a turnaround story and December auto sales zooming, further cementing hopes of a gala 2010.
Come January and those of you were planning to get a new car may have to shell out more as a steep rise in input costs has forced the car-makers hiking prices in the New Year.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh may deliberate on freeing auto fuel prices when he reviews the financial health of state-run oil firms with Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee and Oil Minister Murli Deora on January 13.
Chennai-based TVS Motor today said it may venture into the above 200 cc segment in the bikes market as the company looks to increase its footprint in two-wheeler business.
The head of Volkswagen, Europe`s biggest automaker, forecast a slight uptick in sales in the sector next year driven by demand in China, Brazil and India, in an interview to be published Monday.
Hyundai Motor Co said Sunday it has agreed to launch a USD 400 million truck manufacturing venture in China with a local partner as it seeks further inroads in the world`s biggest auto market.
Hyundai Motor has signed an initial agreement to create a commercial vehicle joint venture with China`s Baotou Bei Ben Heavy-Duty Truck Co with a total investment of $400 million.
Volkswagen is unlikely to make further strategic deals in the near future, its CEO signalled, suggesting an end to the company`s recent spree which included the taking of a stake in Suzuki.
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Former President APJ Abdul Kalam passes away
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Will India ever give befitting reply?
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- VVIPs, people pay last respects to Dr Kalam at his Delhi residence
- Lata Mangeshkar mourns former President APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- The life and times of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam!
- India mourns the death of former President APJ Adbul Kalam
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Yakub Memon likely to be buried at jail premises after execution, kin may not get his body
- Arvind Kejriwal meets LK Advani at his residence
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam ill – All That We Know At The Moment
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- How a domestic help turned into the world's richest – crazy story of a Kanpur woman!
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30
- How APJ Abdul Kalam changed India: 10 most inspirational quotes