Eid-ul-Fitr was celebrated in the state with traditional fervour and gaiety. People embraced each other on the occasion, forgiving, pardoning and promising each other for a peaceful and prosperous future.
Celebrations broke out across Telangana as it came into being as the 29th state of India on Monday.
President Mahinda Rajapaksa today slammed countries that stayed away from the celebrations to mark the fifth anniversary of Sri Lanka`s victory over the LTTE, and called them "blind, deaf, and dumb."
Celebrations broke out in the BJP headquarters here Friday after early trends in favour of the saffron party came in with the party leading in 215 seats out of trends available for 403 seats.
Assam government will not allow victory processions in eleven sensitive districts of the state and announced strict enforcement of prohibitory orders.
Russian President Vladimir Putin`s visit today to Crimea, which was annexed by Moscow in March, is a "flagrant violation" of Ukraine`s sovereignty, authorities in Kiev said.
The birth anniversary of Lord Rama, which is known as Ramnavami, is celebrated in the month of Chaitra usually falling in March or April according to the Hindu calendar. The nine-day celebration during the bright fortnight of Chaitra month marks the birth day of Lord Rama.
Holi or `Yaoshang` was celebrated for five days in Manipur recently
There were celebrations across Odisha after Odia was accorded the tag of a classical language.
Sadie Frost has denied rumors that Kate Moss` 40th birthday celebrations were filled with booze and all-night private gigs.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday kicked off the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of Swami Vivekananda here amidst a colourful procession and a cultural program.
Fountains and key landmarks will be illuminated and the news of whether Prince William and wife Kate have a boy or girl will be broadcast on a giant screen above central London.
The southern film industry will come together here Sep 1-3 to celebrate Indian cinema`s centenary year. Chennai has been chosen as it is the birthplace of southern cinema.
With Congress looking set to emerge as the single largest party in Karnataka Assembly Elections 2013, celebrations have begun outside the party office here.
The Samajwadi Party`s celebrations to mark its one year in office in Uttar Pradesh has been dimmed by a series of law and order issues including the killing of a senior police officer.
Thiruvalluvar day marking the birth anniversary of saint poet Thiruvalluvar was celebrated here with Chief Minister N Rangasamy.
The three-day Makar Sankranti, the Telugu harvest festival, began with people setting bonfires on the streets with agricultural and household waste to mark `Bhogi`.
Danseuse Geeta Chandran and her renowned Delhi-based Natya Vriksha dance company will entertain over 2000 global delegates attending the Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas celebrations on its opening day in Kochi on January 7.
Christmas, the birth of Jesus Christ to save the world, was being celebrated all over the Christian-dominated Mizoram peacefully and happily.
"He never allowed her to hold his hand in public but 46 years of marriage have changed many things," says Saira Banu lovingly of husband-actor-legend Dilip Kumar who turns 90 Tuesday.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has invited President Pranab Mukherjee to be the chief guest at the function to commemorate the 125th year of the Uttar Pradesh state assembly.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Sunday extended an invitation to President Pranab Mukherjee to be the chief guest at a function to commemorate the 125th year of the Uttar Pradesh state assembly next month.
Sweets were distributed and there was much dancing and bursting of crackers outside the residences of several ministers elevated to cabinet rank as their supporters celebrated Sunday.
On Christmas eve, Bollywood
celebrities like Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar and Lara Dutta
took to Twitter to wish "love and peace" to friends and fans.
Rupert Grint showed his wild side when celebrating his 23rd birthday at a flamboyant party in Las Vegas, where he was entertained by a group of girls while wearing funny shades.
The multitude of Anna Hazare supporters, who were with him at Ramlila Maidan for the last 12 days, returned Sunday to the historic Indian Gate.
Devotees, chanting Hare Krishna,
thronged decked-up temples as Janmashtami, marking the birth
of Lord Krishna, was celebrated with traditional gaiety across
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Asaram Bapu shown as 'saint' in Rajasthan school book
- Landslide hits Manipur after heavy rain
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- 15 reports from 15 cities
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- Shravan - The month of Lord Shiva
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- Poster war breaks out between BJP, AAP-Part 2
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- The mayhem of cyclone Komen
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Porn banned in India? RGV criticises the move
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Pak releases 163 Indian fishermen
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Don't lose the first Test of an away series: Sunil Gavaskar
- Parliament logjam: BJP, Congress spar bitterly ahead of all-party meet on Monday
- Gurdaspur attack terrorists wore 'Made in Pak' gloves: Report
- Zee Media Exclusive – Dr Abdul Kalam wanted to be remembered as a teacher, says his close aide