"The summit has yielded tangible fruits which were included in the Durban Declaration and its Action Plan," he said, adding that it also resulted signing of a number of cooperation agreements.
India has reiterated that it stands by the Kyoto Protocol and the world’s rich will have to take into account and address the development needs of many countries.
Days after the Durban Climate Summit, Government today insisted that India has agreed to no legally-binding commitments to reduce its emissions in absolute terms in 2020.
Canada has became the first country to formally withdraw from the Kyoto Protocol, saying the pact on cutting carbon emissions was preventing the world from effectively tackling climate change.
Canada will pull out of the Kyoto protocol on climate change, Environment Minister Peter Kent said on Monday, dealing a symbolic blow to the troubled global treaty.
Hailing the deal reached at the Durban climate conference as "historic", host South Africa today said that pressing the participating countries too hard on emission cuts would have been a "recipe for failure".
Natarajan`s speech ensured that India`s main concern - the inclusion of the concept of equity in the fight against climate change - became part of the package.
The 194-party conference agreed to start negotiations on a new accord that would put all countries under the same legal regime enforcing commitments to control greenhouse gases.
The UN climate talks in Durban will continue on Saturday - though Friday was the last day of the two-week long conference.
The EU blamed India for blocking a new legally binding agreement, saying it was maintaining a "relatively tough stand", thus hampering the countries from arriving at a conclusion.
The 2 degree limit to global temperature rise was agreed in previous climate talks in Bali in 2007, and governments recognise its importance.
The carbon trading market may be headed for a crash if negotiations at the climate change conference are any indication, according to experts.
The world`s three biggest polluters China, the United States and India refused to move toward a new legal commitment to curb their carbon emissions Tuesday.
The BASIC Tuesday presented a unified stand, saying a second commitment period for the Kyoto Protocol beyond its expiry date next year is a "must".
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon today urged deadlocked climate talks in Durban to work urgently for solutions, saying the future of the planet was at stake.
Should the Kyoto Protocol, the only international curb on greenhouse gases, be allowed to die?
UNEP has said Voluntary measures by countries and legally binding emission cuts are to condition each other and should not be put into competition against each other.
India is open to discussion on a new legally binding climate change treaty but the principle of equity -- the right of developing nations -- should be central to it.
Global carbon dioxide emissions from burning fossil fuels have gone up by 49 percent over the last two decades to reach a staggering 10 billion tonnes in 2010.
Jayanthi Natarajan will lead the Indian delegation on Monday at the deliberations aimed at hammering out a consensus among 195 countries to ensure that Kyoto Protocol remains relevant.
China`s top climate negotiator Xie Zhenhua today laid out conditions under which Beijing would accept a legally-binding climate deal that would go into force after 2020, when current voluntary pledges run out.
All eyes are now on the final leg of the global talks starting Monday which will see heads of state and ministers putting their heads together to tailor a mutually acceptable deal.
India Saturday reiterated that it is not ready to accept a new climate treaty but looked forward to the implementation of the principles of the existing climate regime.
The top UN climate official said Saturday she is confident industrial countries will renew their pledges to cut greenhouse gas emissions after their current commitments expire next year.
Under intense pressure to reduce its carbon emissions, China, the world`s biggest emitter of green house gases, has for the first time signaled that it may agree to a quantified target after 2020.
Federal officials say the Arctic region has changed dramatically in the past five years — for the worse.
China, the United States, India, Russia and Japan top the ranking, with Brazil, Germany, Canada, Mexico and Iran just behind.
Union Cabinet today finalised and approved India`s stand at the ongoing UN Climate Conference in Durban.
"Developed countries as a whole are not taking climate change seriously as a global issue," Seyni Nafo, of Mali, said.
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part III
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part II
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU
- Tearful farewell to Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- No trace of Army Capt Shikhardeep, now missing for six days
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- All out for 0! Chasing 120 to win, team fails to score a single run in Kent indoor game
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Historic Jain temple demolished in Lahore to make way for metro train