The Asian Development Bank Tuesday predicted economic growth in Myanmar will surge by over eight percent for the next two years as it urged the nation to press on with reforms before landmark elections.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko dissolved parliament Monday and called for early elections Oct 26, as tensions were still running high in eastern Ukraine amid fighting between government forces and separatists.
RJD chief Lalu Yadav and JD(U) supremo Nitish Kumar, coming together after a gap of two decades to contest elections in Bihar jointly, holding a second rally in Chhapra on Sunday took a dig at the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) saying that they have allied to fight against the `rumour spreading society`.
The Election Commission has put restrictions on the presence of political functionaries in Patiala (urban) and Talwandi Sabo Assembly constituencies where by-polls are to be held on August 21, after the campaign period is over.
JMM supremo Shibu Soren was today authorised by the party to take a final decision on matters relating to pre-poll alliance with "secular and progressive" political parties.
Outgoing Turkish PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan will remain at the helm of Turkey for another five years after he won the country`s first direct presidential polls in the first round itself, avoiding the need of a run-off election.
Uneasiness was palpable in Haryana Janhit Congress camp which asked the BJP to clear the air on alliance for the upcoming Assembly polls.
Left parties on Thursday accused the BJP of trying to "disintegrate" the social fabric by resorting to communal polarisation, specially in areas going to polls soon, and asked people to unite and resist such moves.
A total of 94 candidates are in the fray for by-elections to 10 Bihar Assembly seats to be held on August 21 after the last date of withdrawal of nominations got over today.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel on Monday proposed that having a toilet facility at home should be made a prerequisite for aspirants who want to contest any election in the state in future.
New BJP President Amit Shah today asked party MPs to strive hard to continue the winning streak in the forthcoming Assembly elections in four states and bypolls in some other states by adhering to "Sampark, Samvaad and Samanvay".
Afghanistan`s floundering attempts to declare a winner of its presidential election inched forward today with a deal allowing an audit of all votes to restart, but the United Nations warned of the risk of further delays.
Ukraine`s prime minister has launched what promises to be a bitter election campaign that could divide pro-Western parties and complicate their efforts to fight pro-Russian rebels in the country`s east.
Leaders of Congress and NCP, the ruling coalition partners in Maharashtra, met for the first time after the humiliating Lok Sabha defeat here this evening, to discuss the upcoming Maharashtra Assembly polls.
Chief Election Commissioner V S Sampath today asked security forces to follow standard operative procedures (SOP) during the forthcoming assembly elections in Jharkhand.
Indonesian presidential contender Prabowo Subianto ordered the abduction of democracy activists in the dying days of dictator Suharto`s rule, used to be married to one of the strongman`s daughters, and was once refused entry to the US over rights abuses.
Jakarta governor Joko Widodo is expected to be declared the winner of Indonesia`s disputed presidential election this week but his rival, ex-general Prabowo Subianto, is likely to mount a legal challenge that will prolong the political deadlock.
Delhi BJP chief Satish Upadhyay said a final decision on whether to attempt a shot at government formation or seek fresh mandate in the capital will be taken "soon" after eliciting the opinion of MLAs, MPs and senior leaders.
British Prime Minister David Cameron today said that he congratulated Narendra Modi for winning more votes than any other politician in the universe during his phone call after the "extraordinary" Indian election.
The much-awaited elections of Boxing India, the group authorised by the International Boxing Association (AIBA) to run the sport in the country, have been postponed.
Senegal voted in municipal and provincial elections on Sunday, seen as a key test for President Macky Sall as he tries to shore up support for his party two years after his own disputed victory.
Hong Kong residents voted Sunday on the last day of an unofficial referendum on electoral reform that has angered Beijing, days before an expected major protest seeking greater democracy for the southern Chinese city.
AICC set up is likely next month after an informal group led by A K Antony will submit its report to Congress President Sonia Gandhi after July 6, on the reasons for the party`s debacle in the recent Lok Sabha polls.
Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas said in a letter to Bashar al-Assad that his election as Syrian president will help to end the country`s three-year war, Damascus said on Wednesday.
A Indonesian music video aimed at boosting support for a controversial ex-general running for the presidency sparked anger Wednesday after critics said it had Nazi overtones.
Tunisia`s National Assembly approved Wednesday the proposed dates of parliamentary and presidential polls due to take place this year under a deal to end a major political crisis.
Hong Kong`s leader hit back Tuesday at Chinese media criticism of an unofficial democracy poll in the city, softening his stance after turnout far exceeded organisers` expectations with more than 700,000 voting so far.
After its rout in the Lok Sabha elections, AAP has decided to renominate almost all its 27 sitting legislators if Delhi goes to polls, the party said on Saturday.
Mauritanians on Saturday cast ballots in a presidential election that incumbent Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz was expected to win handily as main opposition rivals boycotted the vote in the largely desert nation.
Election Commission on Monday conducted the final hearing in the case of alleged "paid news" and furnishing of "incorrect" election accounts against former Maharashtra Chief Minister Ashok Chavan.
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part II
- Security advisor Kunal Verma's book reveals untold story behind 1962 Indo-China war
- Now, Pakistan too in the race to acquire Kohinoor diamond!
- Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa still in coma
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- A woman encounters a huge wolf and the most unexpected thing happens - Watch
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- He came into my dream and said would return: Lance Naik Hanumanthappa's mother
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- Heart break alert! Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma no longer a 'couple'
- After squash gold, Joshna Chinappa slams Pakistani opponent for excessive aggression
- India has competition! Pakistani court admits plea to bring back Koh-i-Noor from Britain