As astronomers speculate the fate of Comet ISON, here are a few fun facts about the much anticipated comet also called the `Comet of the century`.
•Inequality in earnings has doubled in India over the last two decades, making it the worst performer on this count of all emerging economies. The top 10% of wage earners now make 12 times more than the bottom 10%, up from a ratio of six in the 1990s.
Rural residents of Madhya Pradesh and Delhi face 70% and 55% chances, respectively, of being prescribed the wrong treatment.
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar is a spiritual leader and founder of the Art of Living Foundation.
According to a 2007 report, 27,80,559 persons were arrested under IPC and 40,87,246 persons were arrested under special and local laws.
Vohra is a media advisor on various behavioral sciences, psychiatric, psychological and social issues.
Yashwant Sinha is an Indian politician and former finance minister of India (1990–1991) under Prime Minister Chandra Shekhar.
Oscar Fernandes is an Indian politician, a senior leader of the Indian National Congress party.
A new case is registered regarding crime against women every 20 minutes in India.
A study done in 2005 by Transparency International in India found that more than 62% of the people had firsthand experience of paying bribe or peddling influence to get a job done in a public office.
Consumer Price Index in India increased to 231 Index Points in June, 2013 from 228 Index Points in May, 2013.
Congress on Friday dismissed BJP`s demand for apology from the Prime Minister and the UPA chairperson in the cash-for vote scam.
Many might consider Formula One to be a super car race on beautiful stretches all around the world. Well, there are quite a few facts that most of us do not know and believe me you will love to have a glance on these interesting lesser known specifics. To start with.
The BJP on Tuesday asked the Central
government to obtain all information about ISI operative and
separatist Kashmiri leader Ghulam Nabi Fai from the FBI and
share it with people of the country.
Former telecom minister A Raja and Swan Telecom promoter Shahid Usman Balwa, arrested for their role in the 2G spectrum scam, were "evasive" and "hiding real facts" during questioning, the CBI told a Delhi court on Friday.
About 1,200 moving lights, 25
stacks of speakers and about 2,700 shots of fireworks spread
across the roof of the JLN Stadium combined with
a stage weighing 500 tonnes to create a spectacular opening
ceremony of the CWG.
We all know that earth is a sphere, three-fourths of it is covered with water; it is the only planet in the universe which is known to have life. We have grown up reading these facts in our schools and they are no longer interesting for us. But there are a number of other amazing realities about our planet that we do not know. What are they? Have a look.
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- DNA: Service chiefs, leaders pay tribute to Siachen hero Hanumanthappa
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part III
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- All out for 0! Chasing 120 to win, team fails to score a single run in Kent indoor game
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- Historic Jain temple demolished in Lahore to make way for metro train
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls