Singaporean businessman Eric Ding Si Yang was sentenced to three years in jail on Thursday after being found guilty of bribing three Lebanese soccer referees with prostitutes to fix a match.
Bangladesh cricket authorities banned former captain Mohammad Ashraful for eight years on Wednesday after he was found guilty of match-fixing during a domestic Twenty20 tournament.
Nigeria`s World Cup warm-up friendly against Scotland in London is reported to be the subject of a match-fixing investigation by police.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has reportedly defended the work of its Anti-Corruption and Security Unit (ACSU), despite announcing a review into how the sport cracks down on fixing.
Around 10 players of Vietnam`s XM Vissai Ninh Binh team have admitted to taking money to fix an AFC Cup match last month, according to the state-run media on Friday.
BCCI President N Srinivasan, who had a cataract surgery on Wednesday, continued to remain silent on the Supreme Court observation that he should step down for a fair probe into IPL fixing scandal.
The Supreme Court will on Tuesday resume hearing on the findings of the Justice Mudgal Committee`s investigation into corruption in the lucrative Indian Premier League (IPL) tournament.
Former New Zealand international Lou Vincent confirmed Thursday that he failed to tell authorities when a bookmaker approached him about fixing a match in Bangladesh, but said that was the extent of any wrongdoing.
The Delhi Police on Monday filed in court a supplementary charge sheet in the IPL spot-fixing case against alleged bookie Chandresh Jain alias Jupiter, who is claimed to be linked with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, and his aide Chhota Shakeel in the organised crime syndicate.
A division bench of Bombay High Court on Wednesday decided to hear a public interest litigation seeking a joint probe by central agencies, such as Income Tax department, Enforcement Directorate and CBI, into the alleged nexus of cricket players and bookies in the judges` chamber.
With betting in IPL tournament estimated to be around Rs 66,000 crore business, CBI Director Ranjit Sinha on Tuesday said there is no harm in legalising betting as there was no point in a ban which cannot be enforced.
The Supreme Court-instituted three-member committee probing the IPL spot-fixing scandal will speak to banned pacer S Sreesanth, Rajasthan Royals co-owner c and a few others, including commentator Harsha Bhogle, when it meets for three days here starting November 16.
Two more accused in the IPL spot- fixing case on Thursday granted interim bail by a Delhi court on grounds of "parity" with cricketers S Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavann and Ajit Chandila of Rajasthan Royals and 24 others, who are already out on bail.
Dilip Vengsarkar revealed that after the pre-match press conference, Dawood visited the Indian dressing room and was introduced as a businessman.
A Delhi court today granted interim bail to three alleged bookies, arrested in IPL spot-fixing case along with three suspended cricketers, on the ground that the "investigation" against them was complete.
The Supreme Court-appointed committee probing the IPL spot-fixing scandal has called on people having any information on the allegations of betting against BCCI President N Srinivasan`s son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan and other accused to share their inputs with the panel.
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Global Investors' Summit: In conversation with Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das
- Air pollution claims two Indian lives every minute: Study
- PM Modi may hold a road show in Varanasi on March 3
- DNA: Analysis of the danger and threat to human life due to air pollution
- Opposition attacks PM Modi over his controversial statement
- DNA: Today in History | February 20, 2017
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Enjoy Jio 4G on your 2G/3G phone at only Rs 1,999 only
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- Kota: Fire breaks out at petrol pump in Rajasthan
- Zakir Naik's Dawood Ibrahim and Pakistan connection - Underworld don funded his NGO through hawala
- Indian Premier League 10: Mohammad Azharuddin calls MS Dhoni's sacking as RPS captain a 'third-rate decision'
- #IPL2017auction: Ben Stokes hogs limelight, goes to Rising Pune Supergiants for massive Rs 14.5 crore