The Gujarat Government on Saturday signed MoUs with a Chinese enterprise in Beijing envisaging Rs 29,000 crore investments in the state.
Eight robbers allegedly kidnapped a newly-married woman after looting jewellery worth around Rs four lakh in Garbada taluka of the district on Saturday, police said.
Expelled Aam Aadmi Party leader Anand Kumar today slammed the party over the alleged suicide of Rajasthan-based farmer at Jantar Mantar rally in Delhi, saying he was an innocent man who was "sacrificed".
The Gujarat government admitted before the Assembly on Wednesday that despite spending over Rs 47,000 crore on the entire Narmada project, canals of more than 48,000 km are yet to be constructed.
Gujarat Vigilance Commission, an independent statutory body, received as many as 8,263 complaints in 2013.
The Gujarat High Court today refused to grant temporary bail to 2002 Naroda Patia riots case convict Babu Bajrangi, who sought one week's release for the treatment of his ailing son.
Police on Monday filed two First Information Reports following yesterday's attacks by rioting mobs on the policemen in the communally sensitive Shahpur area here.
The Bombay High Court Friday admitted two appeals challenging the acquittal of former 'encounter specialist' police officer Pradeep Sharma in a fake encounter case, and issued a bailable warrant against him.
Tattoo-making, which otherwise sees dull business here, has now emerged as the latest craze among the youth participating in the traditional dances during the ongoing Navratri festival.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrives in Ahmedabad, a day before Chinese President Xi Jinping reaches Gujarat.
Over two lakh people in the city are facing a flood-like situation as the Vishwamitri river here has swelled due to incessant rains in catchment areas and inundated residential colonies in its vicinity.
India is all set to achieve self-reliance in testing of armoured vehicles, as Asia's first Ballistic Research Centre will soon be functioning at Gujarat Forensic Science University (GFSU) here.
The "elephant" was instrumental in trampling upon the "hand" in some dozen seats in the Gujarat polls which helped the "Lotus" reign supreme.
Narendra Modi has done it again. The BJP has won nearly 2/3rd majority with 117 seats, while the main opposition Congress has had to settle with around 60 in the 182-member assembly. Modi referred to the huge electoral success as a victory for the 5.5 crore people of Gujarat and a “positive mandate” that defeated the campaign of negativism. Modi will be sworn in as the Chief Minister for the third time on December 25.
Gujarat police has been put on high alert following a communication from the Centre of a threat to Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s life from terror outfits, including a possible suicide attack.
“BJP is on a comeback trail”, is what the party`s senior leader LK Advani had to say at the news of BJP’s triumph in Gujarat. Giving credit to Modi’s development policies, he said that Modi has disapproved the theory that “elections can’t be won on development plank”. “People have voted for his leadership,” he said.
Central security agencies have warned of an assassination attempt on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi by terror groups like Lashker-e-Taiba (LeT) and asked the state government to further tighten his security.
Hailing the BJP`s "spectacular" victory in Gujarat, its senior leader L K Advani today said the vote against "vilification" campaign by the Congress was a "turning point" for national politics, signalling the party`s "comeback" ahead of next general elections.
Gujarat on Saturday waited with bated breath with counting of votes in the fiercely contested Assembly elections to be taken up tomorrow and the first result is expected to be out by 10 AM.
A day after the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) suspended him for "anti-party activities", Gujarat parliamentarian Somabhai Patel on Saturday vowed to join the Congress.
A police complaint has been filed against BJP leader L K Advani by Election Commission officials for alleged breach of model code of conduct by talking to mediapersons outside a polling booth here during assembly elections, police officials said on Wednesday.
Narendra Modi-led BJP is poised to retain power in Gujarat but with a reduced majority losing some ground in Sunday`s second phase of polls in Northern and Central parts which was worst hit by 2002 communal riots, according to exit polls by four TV channels.
The second phase of assembly elections in Gujarat drew to a close on Sunday, with a voter turnout of 63-65%, informed the Election Commission in a media briefing. The fate of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as well as 598 other candidates, who contested on 95 seats, was sealed in the electronic voting machines.
Opposition Congress today claimed it will snatch power from the BJP by winning about 110 seats in the 182-seat assembly.
With Gujarat elections entering the last phase of voting, a win at Godhra -- the epicentre of the 2002 riots -- has become a prestige issue for both BJP and Congress.
Maninagar, a residential area in the not-so-affluent east Ahmedabad, will possibly decide who will rule Gujarat next. Pitted here in electoral battle are Chief Minister Narendra Modi and Union Minister Dinsha Patel.
Gujarat goes for the second phase of polling coming Sunday. Most of the areas that this phase covers are the ones that were severely hit by the 2002 riots. So, there is a fresh round of allegations and counter allegations, raised pitches aimed at further widening the communal divide and gaining maximum political mileage.
On the eve of the crucial second phase of Assembly elections in Gujarat, advertisements carrying semi-naked pictures of women dancing during last year`s Vibrant Gujarat summit have appeared in some local dailies here.
The BJP is confident of coming back to power in Gujarat as well as installing its government in Himachal Pradesh, senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said today.
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- CBSE 10th Result 2015: CBSE (cbse.ac.in & cbseresults.ac.in) Class 10 (X Board) Result shortly
- Cbseresults.nic.in working now, check your CBSE Class 10 Board Results 2015
- cbse.nic.in Board Results 2015: CBSE Class 10 Results declared on cbseresults.nic.in
- Watch: Young Sikh boy takes on a bully outside UK school
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Breast cancer changes bone structure to make it spread: Study