At a time assaults on Dalits have turned into a political hot potato, the Aam Aadmi Party has decided to launch 'Dalit Manifestos' in poll-bound Punjab, Goa and Gujarat to "expose the anti-Dalit and Manuwadi" side of BJP.
Tremors of magnitude 4.7 were felt in various parts of South Gujarat on Sunday morning.
The southwest monsoon penetrated deeper into Gujarat and has covered the entire state, leading to rainfall at most places in the drought-prone Saurashtra-Kutch region as well as central Gujarat areas.
Arjun Vanzara, son of former top Gujarat Police official, the controversial D.G. Vanzara, was on Tuesday caught red-handed by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) while accepting a bribe of Rs 75,000, officials said.
The 130-year-old Congress party has been pushed on the backfoot in the political arena by the BJP, which is just 36-year-old, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel today said.
Gujarat was put on high alert after intelligence input about the possible infiltration of terrorists.
In partial relief to firebrand Patel quota agitation spearhead Hardik Patel, the Gujarat High Court today dropped the treason charge against him for which death sentence is the maximum penalty but declined to quash the sedition charge that is punishable upto life term.
Ahead of a crucial meeting of Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti with the Chief Minister later in the day, Samiti's convenor Hardik Patel today met Keshubhai Patel and sought his blessings for the quota stir.
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part III
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part IV
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part V
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- DNA: Today in History, 24th August, 2016
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back
- EU justice ministers vow to tackle growing radicalisation in Europe
- 4 get life sentence for raping female defence official
- AAP MLAs accuse civic bodies for spurt in dengue, chikungunya cases
- Vehicle carrying beef set on fire
- N Korea test fires sub-launched missile: Seoul
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding