They have witnessed their crop wither away in drought in the last four decades, but now the villagers of Saurashtra region in Gujarat are hoping to get water for cultivation from an ambitious irrigation project launched by Narendra Modi when he was Chief Minister of Gujarat in September 2012.
At a time assaults on Dalits have turned into a political hot potato, the Aam Aadmi Party has decided to launch 'Dalit Manifestos' in poll-bound Punjab, Goa and Gujarat to "expose the anti-Dalit and Manuwadi" side of BJP.
Tremors of magnitude 4.7 were felt in various parts of South Gujarat on Sunday morning.
The southwest monsoon penetrated deeper into Gujarat and has covered the entire state, leading to rainfall at most places in the drought-prone Saurashtra-Kutch region as well as central Gujarat areas.
Arjun Vanzara, son of former top Gujarat Police official, the controversial D.G. Vanzara, was on Tuesday caught red-handed by the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) while accepting a bribe of Rs 75,000, officials said.
The 130-year-old Congress party has been pushed on the backfoot in the political arena by the BJP, which is just 36-year-old, Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel today said.
Gujarat was put on high alert after intelligence input about the possible infiltration of terrorists.
In partial relief to firebrand Patel quota agitation spearhead Hardik Patel, the Gujarat High Court today dropped the treason charge against him for which death sentence is the maximum penalty but declined to quash the sedition charge that is punishable upto life term.
Ahead of a crucial meeting of Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti with the Chief Minister later in the day, Samiti's convenor Hardik Patel today met Keshubhai Patel and sought his blessings for the quota stir.
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Uri terror attack will not be forgotten, PM Modi warns Pakistan
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Pakistan in UNGA on Monday
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part III
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Nawaz Sharif in UNGA today
- ISRO successfully launches PSLV-C35 with eight satellites
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- India-Pakistan Indus Water Treaty - Here's all you need to know
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- Did you know you’ve been charging your smartphone wrong?
- Four extremely weird diet tricks to help you lose weight!