Having already established himself as one of the top batsmen of modern times, Kohli led the Indian side to the epitome of Test cricket with his astute captaincy.
New Zealand triumphed over the fancied Indians by just 1 run. Set a target of 168, India managed 166. James Franklin bowled the final over conceding 11 runs, as India needed 13.
Statistical highlights of the Twenty20 International between India and New Zealand here.
New Zealand all-rounder James Franklin feels Mahendra Singh Dhoni erred in his decision after winning the toss, and said the entire Kiwi outfit was surprised when the Indian skipper decided to bowl first in the second Twenty20 game at a relatively slow Chepauk pitch here.
By performing well in his comeback game post a serious illness, Yuvraj Singh can afford to be his normal self as the pressure is now off his head, says India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
It had turned out to be an anti-climax in Visakhapatnam when `Rain Gods` delayed Yuvraj Singh`s comeback but the Chennai crowd were happy to witness him straight into action as he bowled couple of overs in the second T20 against New Zealand.
India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni blamed the change in behaviour of the Chepauk strip in the second half as the reason for home team`s one-run loss to New Zealand in the second T20 International on Tuesday.
New Zealand win the second T20I by 1 run against India at Chennai. India needed 13 runs to win but managed only 11 runs.
Two days after his much-awaited comeback match was washed out due to persistent rain, the focus is back on Yuvraj Singh.
Yuvraj Singh’s comeback match at Vishakhapatnam on Saturday might have been an anti-climax with rain playing spoilsport but the cricketer took a lap of the Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium after the match was called off.
India won against New Zealand and a thrilling chase as it is being called led to a 2-0 series victory and once again all seems to be well with the Indian team.
The 1st T20 between India and New Zealand was been called off due to inclement rain. The match was much anticiapted for the return of Yuvraj Singh after surviving from rare germ cell cancer.
A giant banner welcoming Yuvraj Singh back to international cricket after 10 months, reading `Goodbye Cancer, Welcome Back Sixer` summed up the mood at the venue of the first T20 International between India and New Zealand even as heavy rains lashed the Dr YSR Reddy ACA-VDCA Stadium.
Yuvraj Singh is excited about making his comeback to the Indian team after battling cancer.
After winning his battle against a rare germ cell cancer, India`s World Cup hero Yuvraj Singh would be the cynosure of all eyes when he starts his journey back to international cricket with the first Twenty20 match against New Zealand on Saturday.
Amid the hype surrounding Yuvraj Singh`s return after conquering cancer, pacer Laxmipathy Balaji would make a quiet comeback to the Indian cricket team, more than three-and-a-half years after his last international outing.
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- Ghatkopar: Death toll in Mumbai building collapse rises to 17
- DNA: All you need to know about the President's Bodyguard
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- Team India skipper Mithali Raj to be gifted BMW, confirms V Chamundeswaranath
- Taimur pushes mommy Kareena Kapoor Khan – Watch Video to know why he does so