Having already established himself as one of the top batsmen of modern times, Kohli led the Indian side to the epitome of Test cricket with his astute captaincy.
New Zealand triumphed over the fancied Indians by just 1 run. Set a target of 168, India managed 166. James Franklin bowled the final over conceding 11 runs, as India needed 13.
Statistical highlights of the Twenty20 International between India and New Zealand here.
New Zealand all-rounder James Franklin feels Mahendra Singh Dhoni erred in his decision after winning the toss, and said the entire Kiwi outfit was surprised when the Indian skipper decided to bowl first in the second Twenty20 game at a relatively slow Chepauk pitch here.
By performing well in his comeback game post a serious illness, Yuvraj Singh can afford to be his normal self as the pressure is now off his head, says India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
It had turned out to be an anti-climax in Visakhapatnam when `Rain Gods` delayed Yuvraj Singh`s comeback but the Chennai crowd were happy to witness him straight into action as he bowled couple of overs in the second T20 against New Zealand.
India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni blamed the change in behaviour of the Chepauk strip in the second half as the reason for home team`s one-run loss to New Zealand in the second T20 International on Tuesday.
New Zealand win the second T20I by 1 run against India at Chennai. India needed 13 runs to win but managed only 11 runs.
Two days after his much-awaited comeback match was washed out due to persistent rain, the focus is back on Yuvraj Singh.
Yuvraj Singh’s comeback match at Vishakhapatnam on Saturday might have been an anti-climax with rain playing spoilsport but the cricketer took a lap of the Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium after the match was called off.
India won against New Zealand and a thrilling chase as it is being called led to a 2-0 series victory and once again all seems to be well with the Indian team.
The 1st T20 between India and New Zealand was been called off due to inclement rain. The match was much anticiapted for the return of Yuvraj Singh after surviving from rare germ cell cancer.
A giant banner welcoming Yuvraj Singh back to international cricket after 10 months, reading `Goodbye Cancer, Welcome Back Sixer` summed up the mood at the venue of the first T20 International between India and New Zealand even as heavy rains lashed the Dr YSR Reddy ACA-VDCA Stadium.
Yuvraj Singh is excited about making his comeback to the Indian team after battling cancer.
After winning his battle against a rare germ cell cancer, India`s World Cup hero Yuvraj Singh would be the cynosure of all eyes when he starts his journey back to international cricket with the first Twenty20 match against New Zealand on Saturday.
Amid the hype surrounding Yuvraj Singh`s return after conquering cancer, pacer Laxmipathy Balaji would make a quiet comeback to the Indian cricket team, more than three-and-a-half years after his last international outing.
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- Akhilesh Yadav emerges victorious; Ramgopal Yadav hints towards alliance with Congress
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- Watch: Heavy snowfall in Kashmir and other hilly areas!
- DNA: DIHAR produces vegetables for Army in high areas
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti? - Part II
- Killfie - India tops ranking for selfie deaths
- DNA: Why was Dangal girl Zaira Wasim forced to apologize post meeting with Mehbooba Mufti?
- DNA: Today in History | January 16, 2017
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Salman Khan - Katrina Kaif will clash with Ranbir Kapoor – Here’s why
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble
- RBI hikes ATM withdrawal limit to Rs 10,000 per day; no change in weekly withdrawal limit
- Real reason why Election Commission gave 'cycle' to Akhilesh Yadav but not his father Mulayam Singh
- WATCH: Mushfiqur Rahman rushed to hospital after being hit on head by Tim Southee's bouncer
- Akhilesh Yadav allotted `cycle` symbol by EC; UP CM seeks father Mulayam's blessings
- One rupee which I took from bride's family was shagun, not dowry: Yogeshwar Dutt
- Ludhiana shocker: `They were dying...and people were clicking pictures`
- Amid fight for 'cycle', SP chief Mulayam says will contest against son Akhilesh