Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has said that his side has a recipe for success, with all the necessary ingredients, despite a narrow 1-0 Test series loss to the top-ranked South Africa.
The Indian cricket team led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni returned this morning from South Africa after losing both the ODI and Test series to the hosts.
Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar on Tuesday paid tribute to just-retired South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis, calling him a "true champion" who always played the game in the right spirit.
Ajinkya Rahane is unquestionably one of the most technically sound batsman in the current Indian team. The right-hander, who has done wonders in Indian domestic cricket, impressed everybody with his determination against the fearsome South African pace attack.
Former South African wicketkeeper Mark Boucher said that retired all-rounder Jacques Kallis is `probably the best cricketer that has ever lived in the country` and urged people to respect the player`s decision to end Test career.
Indian batting legend and commentator Sunil Gavaskar said that the Indian cricket board would not change their controversial view on the non-use of the Decision Review System (DRS) despite lynchpin batsman Virat Kohli being given out caught behind to the first ball of the final day at Kingsmead on Monday.
Retired South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis said that he knew that it was the time to draw the curtains on his Test career after the final Test of the year against India.
India crashed to a humiliating 10-wicket defeat in the second cricket Test after their young batsmen surrendered meekly to give South Africa a 1-0 series triumph in Jacques Kallis` farewell match, here on Monday.
South African captain Graeme Smith hailed "an incredible win" for his team after they clinched an emphatic ten-wicket victory on the fifth day of the second and final Test against India at Kingsmead on Monday.
Jacques Kallis Monday paid handsome tributes to his late parents for all the support they gave to make him a cricketer and hoped he did them proud.
Day 5 Live Updates, Durban Test between South Africa and India
South Africa captain Graeme Smith said that the series-clinching win over India in the second and final Test here was a fitting tribute to "irreplaceable" team-mate Jacques Kallis who bid farewell to Test cricket here on Monday.
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Monday blamed losing too many wickets in the morning session and some poor umpiring decisions for their 10-wicket defeat in the second Test against South Africa but applauded the way his team played in the series.
Jacques Kallis, one of the greatest all-rounders of the game, today bid adieu to Test cricket after an illustrious 18-year career in a fairytale script as he hit a century in his swansong match in South Africa`s 10-wicket thrashing of India here on Monday.
South Africa on Monday strengthened their position as the number-one ranked side on the ICC Test Team Rankings table courtesy their 10-wicket victory over India in the second and final Test in Durban.
South Africa`s Jacques Kallis got a fairytail hundred against India in his farewell Test and the retiring all-rounder said it was a "special feeling" to reach the three-figure mark in his final appearance in the five-day game for the Proteas.
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- DNA: Analysis of terror launchpads and training organizations in PoK
- DNA: Analyzing surgical strike operations and special commandos by various countries
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- India may not invite Pakistan for BRICS summit
- Pakistan rubbishes India's claim of surgical strikes across LoC
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five reasons why Pakistan is denying India’s surgical strikes across LoC
- Punjab on maximum alert, villages near Pakistan border are being evacuated; additional BSF troops move in
- Nawaz Sharif condemns Indian aggression along LoC
- India carries out surgical strike across LoC: Updates
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok
- Big blow to Pakistan as SAARC Summit in Islamabad likely to be cancelled after India, 3 other countries boycott
- Pakistani father teaches little girl how to fire AK47, makes her threaten PM Narendra Modi; video crashes internet - WATCH
- Wait-listed? This new Railways policy will cheer you up - Must Read