Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni has said that his side has a recipe for success, with all the necessary ingredients, despite a narrow 1-0 Test series loss to the top-ranked South Africa.
The Indian cricket team led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni returned this morning from South Africa after losing both the ODI and Test series to the hosts.
Indian cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar on Tuesday paid tribute to just-retired South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis, calling him a "true champion" who always played the game in the right spirit.
Ajinkya Rahane is unquestionably one of the most technically sound batsman in the current Indian team. The right-hander, who has done wonders in Indian domestic cricket, impressed everybody with his determination against the fearsome South African pace attack.
Former South African wicketkeeper Mark Boucher said that retired all-rounder Jacques Kallis is `probably the best cricketer that has ever lived in the country` and urged people to respect the player`s decision to end Test career.
Indian batting legend and commentator Sunil Gavaskar said that the Indian cricket board would not change their controversial view on the non-use of the Decision Review System (DRS) despite lynchpin batsman Virat Kohli being given out caught behind to the first ball of the final day at Kingsmead on Monday.
Retired South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis said that he knew that it was the time to draw the curtains on his Test career after the final Test of the year against India.
India crashed to a humiliating 10-wicket defeat in the second cricket Test after their young batsmen surrendered meekly to give South Africa a 1-0 series triumph in Jacques Kallis` farewell match, here on Monday.
South African captain Graeme Smith hailed "an incredible win" for his team after they clinched an emphatic ten-wicket victory on the fifth day of the second and final Test against India at Kingsmead on Monday.
Jacques Kallis Monday paid handsome tributes to his late parents for all the support they gave to make him a cricketer and hoped he did them proud.
Day 5 Live Updates, Durban Test between South Africa and India
South Africa captain Graeme Smith said that the series-clinching win over India in the second and final Test here was a fitting tribute to "irreplaceable" team-mate Jacques Kallis who bid farewell to Test cricket here on Monday.
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Monday blamed losing too many wickets in the morning session and some poor umpiring decisions for their 10-wicket defeat in the second Test against South Africa but applauded the way his team played in the series.
Jacques Kallis, one of the greatest all-rounders of the game, today bid adieu to Test cricket after an illustrious 18-year career in a fairytale script as he hit a century in his swansong match in South Africa`s 10-wicket thrashing of India here on Monday.
South Africa on Monday strengthened their position as the number-one ranked side on the ICC Test Team Rankings table courtesy their 10-wicket victory over India in the second and final Test in Durban.
South Africa`s Jacques Kallis got a fairytail hundred against India in his farewell Test and the retiring all-rounder said it was a "special feeling" to reach the three-figure mark in his final appearance in the five-day game for the Proteas.
- Delhi deputy CM Manish Sisodia calls Anna Hazare 'fraud'
- PM Modi launches first Udan flight from Shimla to Delhi
- AAP's Sanjay Singh resigns as Punjab incharge after Delhi rout
- Watch - Canadian woman stuck on crane being rescued by Toronto firefighter!
- Yogi effect: Wearing saffron outfit is the latest trend in UP
- UP special task force seals 7 petrol pumps in Lucknow
- Cricketer Gautam Gambhir to bear expenses of Sukma martyrs' children
- Bollywood actor and BJP MP Vinod Khanna passes away at 70
- UP: Muslim woman gets triple talaq via speed post in Amroha
- Now, UP govt to present work report of 100 days
- Watch! Heart-warming video of 10-year-old Chilean girl battling cancer dancing on hospital bed
- DNA: Analysing the life of legendary bollywood actor Vinod Khanna
- Vinod Khanna's last rites performed in Mumbai, stars pay respect
- DNA: Analysis on Kupwara army camp attack
- Pellet guns: Suggest steps to stop violent agitation, SC tells J&K HC Bar
- 7th Pay Commission allowances: Panel submits report to FM Jaitley; govt employees set to get HRA hike of up to 178%
- Vinod Khanna dies of cancer – All you need to know about the condition that killed the veteran actor
- IPL 2017: Ravindra Jadeja rocket throw shocks Virat Kohli's RCB, sends dangerous AB de Villiers back — MUST WATCH
- Actor-politician Vinod Khanna passes away
- Rajasthan: THIS wedding card is crashing Internet and PM Narendra Modi will be pleased
- Did Eman's sister ignore doctors' advice? Cops called in after Shaimaa feeds world's heaviest woman water
- Britain reduced India to one of the "poorest, illiterate and diseased places on Earth", need a museum to educate children: Shashi Tharoor
- Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir to bear education expenses of slain CRPF soldiers' children
- Baahubali 2: Early morning shows cancelled in Tamil Nadu
- Udaipur boy Kalpit Veerval tops JEE-Main exam, creates history with 360/360 score
- Katrina Kaif reveals name of her favourite cricketer, claims she hasn't said more than three words to him
- IPL 2017, RCB vs GL: Angry Virat Kohli hits an impossible six to silence Basil Thampi — WATCH
- Baby run over by 2 SUVs - You won't believe what happened next | WATCH
- India contributes to UN Peace Keeping Force in Cyprus: PM Narendra Modi
- With 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion', Prabhas leaves behind Aamir Khan and Salman Khan!