Some of Pakistan`s top cricketers including Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Akhtar have supported the restoration of bilateral cricket ties with India and hoped the issue was discussed by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on his flying visit to India.
The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) on Monday said it has resumed talks with the Indian hockey authorities to have a bilateral series as soon as possible.
The Indo-Pak cricket rivalry is one of the most intense among the famed rivalries in the world of sport and the same was witnessed today when the two teams squared off in the third and final one-dayer at the Feroze Shah Kotla stadium here.
Battered and bruised by yet another series defeat, India`s struggling cricketers will seek to restore some pride when they go into the third and final one-dayer against arch-rivals Pakistan on Sunday with the future of some of the under-performing stars at stake.
Virat Kohli, who suffered a foot injury in India`s first ODI against Pakistan in Chennai, looked fit at the nets on Wednesday as he was seen knocking at the ball for quite a long time during the two-hour net session.
Pakistan`s speed merchants Mohammed Irfan, Junaid Khan and senior pro Umar Gul went full throttle at the team`s net session today as they bowled aiming at one stump under watchful eyes of their bowling coach Mohammed Akram.
Reports about Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari visiting India to witness a cricket match between the two countries are "all rumours", the presidential spokesman said on Sunday.
Pakistan might have notched up a comfortable six-wicket win over India in the first one-dayer but skipper Misbah-ul-Haq said his team was "lucky" today and they need to "work harder and improve a fair bit" to tame the hosts in the second match on Thursday.
The upcoming India-Pakistan day-night ODI at the Eden Gardens on January 3 could be advanced to 12 noon instead of a 2.30 pm start to tackle the heavy dew factor.
PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf is confident that the death of India`s firebrand leader Bal Thackeray will not affect their national team`s upcoming tour to India even though the late leader`s party has strongly opposed the revival of bilateral cricket ties.
Maintaining his strong opposition to the tour by the Pakistani cricket team to India, Shiv Sena on Thursday said it was a matter of "national shame".
India is likely to issue 5,000 visas to Pakistani spectators to watch the Indo-Pak cricket series beginning December 25 but after framing stricter guidelines this time as several of them did not return home after watching such matches in the past.
President Asif Ali Zardari on Tuesday welcomed the resumption of India-Pakistan cricketing ties saying it will help "promote peace and friendship" between the two countries and their people who can enjoy some "good cricket".
The ICC`s Pakistan Task Team (PTT) has recommended the resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral cricket ties and overhaul in the PCB`s administrative set-up.
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Price of pulses crosses more than Rs 225 per kilogram
- Asaram adult books distributed in Chattisgarh schools
- Panel discussion on communal riots being made top issue in India instead of inflation
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- From Rs 12,000 to 50,000: AAP intends to hike Delhi MLAs basic salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Varanasi violence: Schools, colleges to remain closed today
- Watch: Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui
- NASA's Mars orbiter reveals stunning images of Acidalia Planitia featured in 'The Martian'
- Former cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with life-threatening disease
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Helder Postiga less Atletico de Kolkata to take on Goa
- Shri Kainchi Dham Mandir – A divine destination for self resurrection
- Is 7th October, 2015 going to be the end of the world?
- Indo-Pak border: Bright and calm from space...guns on the ground
- Oops! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput bump into Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor in a gym!
- ISL 2015: FC Goa vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: Baby born without skull and brain says hello in emotional video!