Some of Pakistan`s top cricketers including Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Akhtar have supported the restoration of bilateral cricket ties with India and hoped the issue was discussed by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on his flying visit to India.
The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) on Monday said it has resumed talks with the Indian hockey authorities to have a bilateral series as soon as possible.
The Indo-Pak cricket rivalry is one of the most intense among the famed rivalries in the world of sport and the same was witnessed today when the two teams squared off in the third and final one-dayer at the Feroze Shah Kotla stadium here.
Battered and bruised by yet another series defeat, India`s struggling cricketers will seek to restore some pride when they go into the third and final one-dayer against arch-rivals Pakistan on Sunday with the future of some of the under-performing stars at stake.
Virat Kohli, who suffered a foot injury in India`s first ODI against Pakistan in Chennai, looked fit at the nets on Wednesday as he was seen knocking at the ball for quite a long time during the two-hour net session.
Pakistan`s speed merchants Mohammed Irfan, Junaid Khan and senior pro Umar Gul went full throttle at the team`s net session today as they bowled aiming at one stump under watchful eyes of their bowling coach Mohammed Akram.
Reports about Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari visiting India to witness a cricket match between the two countries are "all rumours", the presidential spokesman said on Sunday.
Pakistan might have notched up a comfortable six-wicket win over India in the first one-dayer but skipper Misbah-ul-Haq said his team was "lucky" today and they need to "work harder and improve a fair bit" to tame the hosts in the second match on Thursday.
The upcoming India-Pakistan day-night ODI at the Eden Gardens on January 3 could be advanced to 12 noon instead of a 2.30 pm start to tackle the heavy dew factor.
PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf is confident that the death of India`s firebrand leader Bal Thackeray will not affect their national team`s upcoming tour to India even though the late leader`s party has strongly opposed the revival of bilateral cricket ties.
Maintaining his strong opposition to the tour by the Pakistani cricket team to India, Shiv Sena on Thursday said it was a matter of "national shame".
India is likely to issue 5,000 visas to Pakistani spectators to watch the Indo-Pak cricket series beginning December 25 but after framing stricter guidelines this time as several of them did not return home after watching such matches in the past.
President Asif Ali Zardari on Tuesday welcomed the resumption of India-Pakistan cricketing ties saying it will help "promote peace and friendship" between the two countries and their people who can enjoy some "good cricket".
The ICC`s Pakistan Task Team (PTT) has recommended the resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral cricket ties and overhaul in the PCB`s administrative set-up.
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Bihar polls: Political opinion of Begusarai voters
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Watch: Fast N Facts @4:00 pm
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Bihar polls: Exclusive interview with BJP chief Amit Shah
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Somnath Bharti's bail plea rejected after wife refuses mediation in SC
- Watch: Today's top headlines @4:30 pm
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview
- Dadri lynching: BJP MLA Sangeet Som questions arrests, says SP appeasing minority community
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Nepal gets respite as over 100 cargo trucks enter from India carrying essential goods, petroleum products
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences
- Trucks laden with supplies head to Nepal
- ISI training terrorists in several terror camps in PoK: Intelligence Bureau
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video