Some of Pakistan`s top cricketers including Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Akhtar have supported the restoration of bilateral cricket ties with India and hoped the issue was discussed by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on his flying visit to India.
The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) on Monday said it has resumed talks with the Indian hockey authorities to have a bilateral series as soon as possible.
The Indo-Pak cricket rivalry is one of the most intense among the famed rivalries in the world of sport and the same was witnessed today when the two teams squared off in the third and final one-dayer at the Feroze Shah Kotla stadium here.
Battered and bruised by yet another series defeat, India`s struggling cricketers will seek to restore some pride when they go into the third and final one-dayer against arch-rivals Pakistan on Sunday with the future of some of the under-performing stars at stake.
Virat Kohli, who suffered a foot injury in India`s first ODI against Pakistan in Chennai, looked fit at the nets on Wednesday as he was seen knocking at the ball for quite a long time during the two-hour net session.
Pakistan`s speed merchants Mohammed Irfan, Junaid Khan and senior pro Umar Gul went full throttle at the team`s net session today as they bowled aiming at one stump under watchful eyes of their bowling coach Mohammed Akram.
Reports about Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari visiting India to witness a cricket match between the two countries are "all rumours", the presidential spokesman said on Sunday.
Pakistan might have notched up a comfortable six-wicket win over India in the first one-dayer but skipper Misbah-ul-Haq said his team was "lucky" today and they need to "work harder and improve a fair bit" to tame the hosts in the second match on Thursday.
The upcoming India-Pakistan day-night ODI at the Eden Gardens on January 3 could be advanced to 12 noon instead of a 2.30 pm start to tackle the heavy dew factor.
PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf is confident that the death of India`s firebrand leader Bal Thackeray will not affect their national team`s upcoming tour to India even though the late leader`s party has strongly opposed the revival of bilateral cricket ties.
Maintaining his strong opposition to the tour by the Pakistani cricket team to India, Shiv Sena on Thursday said it was a matter of "national shame".
India is likely to issue 5,000 visas to Pakistani spectators to watch the Indo-Pak cricket series beginning December 25 but after framing stricter guidelines this time as several of them did not return home after watching such matches in the past.
President Asif Ali Zardari on Tuesday welcomed the resumption of India-Pakistan cricketing ties saying it will help "promote peace and friendship" between the two countries and their people who can enjoy some "good cricket".
The ICC`s Pakistan Task Team (PTT) has recommended the resumption of Indo-Pak bilateral cricket ties and overhaul in the PCB`s administrative set-up.
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part III
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part II
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU
- Tearful farewell to Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa
- No trace of Army Capt Shikhardeep, now missing for six days
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- All out for 0! Chasing 120 to win, team fails to score a single run in Kent indoor game
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Historic Jain temple demolished in Lahore to make way for metro train