The Coordination Committee of Associations of Teachers in Delhi (CCATD) Thursday expressed deep anguish over the drowning of 24 students in the Beas river in Himachal Pradesh.
Noted political scientist Yogendra Yadav is set to face the axe from the University Grants Commission.
The Centre has reportedly rejected Maharashtra government`s proposal to ban Abhinav Bharat outfit.
A group of lawyers from Agra and Aligarh have decided to start a relay hunger strike from Thursday.
Sri Lanka said it would like Manmohan Singh to attend the upcoming CHOGM meeting in Colombo despite opposition from political parties in Tamil Nadu.
The BJP on Tuesday demanded withdrawal of Rajya Sabha Chairperson Hamid Ansari`s "federation of anarchists" remark relating to the house.
The SIT, which probed Zakia Jafri`s accusation of complicity in facilitating the 2002 Gujarat riots against Narendra Modi and others, relied upon "the accused" but not the witnesses in its probe, her lawyer said on Monday.
Rao Indrajit Singh, a Congress MP from Haryana, has called for a thorough probe into Robert Vadra`s alleged land deals.
The Centre opposed in Supreme Court the plea made by the Central Bureau of Investigation that its Director should get more powers.
The Itanagar Bench of the Gauhati High Court has directed the CBI to investigate and register a case in the alleged irregularities by the board and others in respect to Trans-Arunachal Highway project.
The details of a lunch hosted by Sonia Gandhi at Ashoka Hotel in 2012 can be withheld from disclosure, the Central Information Commission has held.
Parveen Azad, wife of slain DSP Zia-ul-Haq on Thursday said that she was not "satisfied" with the CBI`s supplementary chargesheet.
Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) criticised Bihar government for "imprudent" decision to invest Rs 268.71 crore of scheme in mutual fund without monitoring thus exposing scheme to market risks.
MGNREGA has not gained momentum in Bihar as the percentage of household provided 100 days employment ranged from 1 to 7% during 2007-12, according to CAG report submitted to state assembly.
Two accused police officers, charge sheeted by CBI in the 2004 Ishrat Jahan alleged fake encounter case, today sought copies of all previous statements of witnesses as recorded by the earlier probing agencies.
After CBI on Thursday filed a supplementary charge sheet giving former UP Minister Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya a clean chit in connection with the murder of DSP Zia-ul Haq, the Kunda MLA said he had been framed in the conspiracy.
Digvijay Singh on Wednesday demanded probe by CBI into "illegal" clinical trials of drugs in Madhya Pradesh and the "scam" in the Pre-Medical Test conducted earlier this year by the state Professional Examination Board (MPPEB).
A CBI court on Wednesday rejected an application of the Central Bureau of Investigation seeking judicial custody of Additional DGP PP Pandey in the Ishrat Jahan alleged fake encounter case.
A special CBI court here on Wednesday ordered to frame charges against former Punjab and Haryana High Court Judge, Justice (retd) Nirmal Yadav for her alleged involvement in the 2008 cash-at-judge`s door case.
Urging the Jammu and Kashmir government to grant Rs 10 lakh compensation and job to family members of Amarnath pilgrim killed in stone-pelting in Kashmir, VHP on Wednesday demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
Aviation regulator DGCA has initiated a preliminary investigation into the JetLite plane engine failure, which led to an emergency landing of the aircraft at the city airport here, sources said.
Justice Sharma after hearing the petition issued notice to all the respondents and fixed the next hearing of the case on August 19.
Sushil Sharma was convicted for murdering his wife and then disposing of her body by burning it in a tandoor.
Karan Pandey, the 19-year-old youth who was shot dead by Delhi police in an alleged attempt to stop stunt bikers from performing risky stunts in the high-security New Delhi area was cremated on Tuesday amid demands of a CBI inquiry into the case by his mother.
Centre has engaged the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research to randomly test samples of food served as part of the mid-day meal scheme.
The CAG has rapped the Puducherry government and PIPDIC, a government undertaking, for losing an opportunity to get power at a reasonable cost.
Allahabad High Court sought reply from Union Ministry for Environment and Varanasi Jal Nigam on petition challenging proposed beautification of "Assi Ghat", fabled pilgrimage and tourist spot.
Madras HC directed Tamil Nadu govt to act in accordance with the direction 14 of SC order of May six on Kundankulam.
Goa government has filed a complaint with the Lokayukta in connection with the illegal mining in the state requesting the ombudsman to investigate the financial losses faced due to this alleged scam.
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Service chiefs, leaders pay tribute to Siachen hero Hanumanthappa
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- 'Pakistan zindabad' slogans at JNU: Rajnath Singh, Smriti Irani to order action against 'anti-nationals'?
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- All out for 0! Chasing 120 to win, team fails to score a single run in Kent indoor game
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis: World no. 1 pair notches up 37th straight win in Saint Petersburg
- Historic Jain temple demolished in Lahore to make way for metro train