Bengaluru, Aug 25 (IANS) Counting of votes polled on Saturday to elect representatives of the Bengaluru civic corporation will be held on Tuesday amid tight security, an official said.
Amid mounting pressure for removal of Lokayukta Bhaskar Rao over an alleged bribery scandal, BJP in the Karnataka Assembly today launched a scathing attack on the Congress government accusing it of "protecting and misusing" his office to "fix" important Opposition leaders.
Six Nigerian students were taken into custody today for allegedly assaulting a bus conductor following an altercation between them over travel passes.
The Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB) on Monday, May 18, announced the results for the Class 12th Second PUC (Pre-University Courses) Exams.
The KSEEB Class 10th SSLC Results 2015 declared by the Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB).
The results for Karnataka 10th SSLC Results 2015 will be announced by the Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board soon.
The Freedom Park is on fire again. Thousands of men and women are united in grief with DK Ravi's family as they sit on a hunger strike demanding a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) investigation into his sudden death.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Friday ordered an inquiry into the derailment of the Bangalore-Ernakulam Inter City Express and announced a compensation for the families of those killed in the mishap.
A man, convicted of killing a 22-year-old engineer last year when she resisted rape, has been sentenced to imprisonment till his death by a special court.
Police Tuesday made background check compulsory for cab drivers to ensure safety and security of citizens, especially women using taxi service for commuting across the city, a top official said.
President Pranab Mukherjee Monday launched the unified mobile governance platform here to provide a host of services to people across Karnataka.
In the wake of rising crimes against children in Bengaluru, a delegation of parents held a meeting with the school and police administration here on Wednesday following which the authorities agreed to resume the classes with intensified security measures from Thursday.
The Supreme Court has dismissed a petition filed by self-styled godman Nithyananda against conducting potency test on him in a 2010 rape case.
Reacting to the allegations against Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda's son Karthik owda, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said on Thursday that law will takes it own course in the case.
A day after it claimed the support of five Independents to cross the halfway mark in the 225-member Assembly to form its government in Karnataka, the BJP will on Monday send letters of support to President Pratibha Patil. The party will also reveal the names of three more Independents whose support has put it in a position to form govt.
All set to head the first-ever
BJP government in the south, party`s Chief Ministerial
candidate in Karnataka B S Yeddyurappa on Tuesday said his first
priority was to boost energy production and create a congenial
investment climate in the state.
Delhi Chief Minister and senior Congress leader Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday said her party does not want to get into horse trading in Karnataka, where the BJP narrowly fell short of the magic figure for a simple majority but wooed independents to stake claim to form the government.
The Janata Dal (Secular) has
convened its legislature party meeting here on Tuesday.
Women failed to make a mark in the
Karnataka assembly elections with just three of the 108
candidates from the fair sex romping home at the hustings.
BJP got a lesser vote share than
the Congress in Karnataka for the second consecutive time in
assembly elections but the saffron party was perched on the
top of the seat tally on both the occasions.
After its poll debacle in the
Karnataka assembly election, the JD(S) on Monday charged the BJP
of making attempts to split the party to get the requisite
numbers for a comfortable majority.
66-year-old B S Yeddyurappa, who suffered the ignominy of the shortest serving Chief Minister for seven days last
year, will take oath as the new Chief Minister of Karnataka on May 28.
Former Prime Minister Deve Gowda-led JD(S) appeared to be keeping options open on a post-poll tie-up with either BJP or Congress in case of a hung verdict in Karanataka Assembly elections.
With the Bhartiya Janata Party appearing all set to form its first government in the South, party president Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the outfit was now a frontrunner in next Lok Sabha polls.
Congress leader S M Krishna on Sunday owned moral responsibility for the party`s defeat in Karnataka and said it would have to rework its strategy while being in the opposition.
From 18 seats in 1983 to help in the formation of the first non-Congress government in Karnataka, the BJP has steadily grown to capture power on its own riding on a saffron surge in the wake of Ram Janambhoomi movement of the early 90s and aided by similar local issues.
Putting up a brave face following
its poor performance in Karanataka assembly elections, JD(S)
on Sunday said the results did not mean the political end of the
Shocked over a series of hooch
tragedies, Karnataka`s next government would be "very strict"
in implementing the prohibition order.
The much-hyped Bangarappa family
in Karnataka politics was routed in the assembly elections
today with former Chief Minister S Bangarappa and his sons
Madhu and Kumara losing by big margins in the polls.
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Mumbai Police admits 'Sheena Vohra murder case is resolved'
- Sheena Bora murder: The story till now
- Caught on camera: UP woman assaults paralysed mother-in-law
- DNA: Why do the 'affluent' Patel community want reservation?
- Arvind Kejriwal welcomed with slogans of "Kejriwal go back" in Bihar
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Video of Hizbul Mujahideen militant threatening cops surfaces in Srinagar
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Revealed! How Indrani Mukherjea murdered daughter Sheena Bora
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief
- Murdered Sheena Bora was Indrani Mukherjea's daughter, not sister!
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Khel Ratna row: Karnataka HC issues notice to Sania Mirza over H N Girisha plea
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Know why Gujarat's Patel community is agitating