One person was killed in police firing on Monday night after angry protests turned violent in Bengaluru over releasing more Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu.
An alert has been sounded in Karnataka's north districts over the rising levels in Krishna river and its tributaries following heavy discharge of water from dams and reservoirs in rain-hit Maharashtra, an official said on Wednesday.
Heavy rains will continue in coastal and central parts of Karnataka.
The official website of the Karnataka police department (www.ksp.gov.in) was hacked on Friday, allegedly by Pakistani hackers, who pasted a Pakistani flag on the home page, causing embarrassment to the state government.
Denying reports in a section of media that the victim was also molested, Megharik said the African woman had admitted being only assaulted by a frenzied mob after her three male friends deserted her at Soladevanahalli where the car in which they were travelling was burnt.
The hour-long interaction was part of Rahul's outreach programme to campus students across the country.
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- DNA: Today in History | December 2, 2016
- DNA: Special ground report on BSF soldiers posted at India-Pak border in Barmer
- DNA: Why is Mamata Banerjee mixing politics with Indian Army's routine exercise?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Govt clarifies exemption limits for seizure of gold jewellery
- DNA: Congress and Rahul Gandhi's twitter accounts hacked
- DNA: Analysis of cashless revolution in Dhasai village of Maharashtra
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Nagrota Attacks: Saddened by killings of jawans, Gautam Gambhir bats for strong action against Pakistan
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Yuvraj Singh set to marry Gurbasant Kaur as per Hindu customs in Goa today
- PM Narendra Modi addresses BJP's Parivartan rally in UP's Moradabad: Highlights
- US defence bill pledges $900 million to Pakistan, but with conditions
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Biggest-ever seizure of cash in new currency! I-T recovers Rs 5.7 crore in Rs 2,000 notes in Bengaluru, Chennai, Erode
- The Great Khali dubs impact of demonetisation minor in front of long-term benefits
- Eastern Command refutes Mamata Banerjee's allegations, says Army conducting routine exercise in West Bengal