One person was killed in police firing on Monday night after angry protests turned violent in Bengaluru over releasing more Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu.
An alert has been sounded in Karnataka's north districts over the rising levels in Krishna river and its tributaries following heavy discharge of water from dams and reservoirs in rain-hit Maharashtra, an official said on Wednesday.
Heavy rains will continue in coastal and central parts of Karnataka.
The official website of the Karnataka police department (www.ksp.gov.in) was hacked on Friday, allegedly by Pakistani hackers, who pasted a Pakistani flag on the home page, causing embarrassment to the state government.
Denying reports in a section of media that the victim was also molested, Megharik said the African woman had admitted being only assaulted by a frenzied mob after her three male friends deserted her at Soladevanahalli where the car in which they were travelling was burnt.
The hour-long interaction was part of Rahul's outreach programme to campus students across the country.
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- UP polls: Development meaningless without Ram Mandir, says BJP's Vinay Katiyar
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- UP: At least 20 children injured as school bus overturns in Kanpur
- Watch - Mayawati's new strategy to win UP polls
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return