One person was killed in police firing on Monday night after angry protests turned violent in Bengaluru over releasing more Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu.
An alert has been sounded in Karnataka's north districts over the rising levels in Krishna river and its tributaries following heavy discharge of water from dams and reservoirs in rain-hit Maharashtra, an official said on Wednesday.
Heavy rains will continue in coastal and central parts of Karnataka.
The official website of the Karnataka police department (www.ksp.gov.in) was hacked on Friday, allegedly by Pakistani hackers, who pasted a Pakistani flag on the home page, causing embarrassment to the state government.
Denying reports in a section of media that the victim was also molested, Megharik said the African woman had admitted being only assaulted by a frenzied mob after her three male friends deserted her at Soladevanahalli where the car in which they were travelling was burnt.
The hour-long interaction was part of Rahul's outreach programme to campus students across the country.
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- DNA: Seven Earth-like planets found around a single star
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to identify job opportunities in small cities?
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Today in history, 25th February, 2017
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips bowlers apart to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- Gujarat ATS arrests two 'ISIS terrorists' from Rajkot, Bhavnagar; they were planning bomb blast in Chotila Mandir
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Man asks Karan Johar for his WhatsApp number on Twitter, KJo's reply will make you go LOL!