The Supreme Court on Wednesday awarded compensation of Rs 60 lakh each to the families affected by the Sardar Sarovar Project in Madhya Pradesh, who are yet to be given land in lieu of land they would lose to the inter-state project.
Rivers are the source of life for human society that`s why the society will have to come forward to protect the rivers.
"Prima facie, it is evident that thousands of people were dying in Bhopal due to leakage of poisonous gases, the head of the district, the collector and the SP, were using all their expertise and system to help a criminal escape rather than helping the victims," the judge said.
Polling for by-elections to Shahdol Lok Sabha constituency and Nepanagar Assembly seats in Madhya Pradesh began this morning with over 15 per cent voter turnout registered till 9 AM in both seats, poll officials said.
"The carcass of the tiger was found at Karondia in Panpatha range. It seems that the feline died around six days back and prima facie it appears to be a natural death," Deputy Director of Bandhavgarh Reserve, P Bangar, said.
The three member committee said that various samples were taken from birds like duck, pelican, crow and munia bird earlier this month from National Zoological Park and sent to ICAR National Institute of High Security Animal Diseases.
In a fit of anger, a man allegedly strangulated his three-year old niece to death for weeping continuously after her mother left the child under his care, police said.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today held a discussion on finer points to be included in BJP's Garib Kalyan Agenda with his Maharashtra and Jharkhand counterparts.
The flood situation in Bihar remained grim on Thursday, though the river Ganga and its tributaries started showing sign of receding but hundreds of thousands of affected people have been still strggling for survival, officials said. The situation, however, was easing in neighbouring Madhya Pradesh.
Fourteen Gram Sabhas in this district of Madhya Pradesh have passed resolutions against liquor trade and consumption, proposing fines ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000 to be imposed on violators.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Saturday came out with flying colours as it managed to win all Rajya Sabha seats from Jharkhand and Rajasthan. Also, BJP bagged while bagging two out of three seats in Madhya Pradesh.
The BJP legislator was coming to Bhopal to attend a party meeting at the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan's residence ahead of the June 11 Rajya Sabha election. His car overturned and he died on the spot, a police officer said.
At least eight people were killed and 24 others injured in a road accident in Madhya Pradesh's Shivpuri District on Sunday morning.
Madhya Pradesh Board class 12 intermediate results 2016 likely to be announced today.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday completed 10 years in office, becoming the first non-Congress chief minister to do so, even as his tenures saw challenges like the Vyapam scam and defeat in recently-held Lok Sabha bypoll.
The defeat in a BJP-ruled state that helped Congress increase its tally to 45 in the Lower House reverses the trend in the six earlier Lok Sabha bypolls where the incumbent parties had retained their seats. The strength of BJP comes down to 281 in the 543-member House.
The Janata Dal (U) officially declared Vijay Haari as its candidate for the upcoming Lok Sabha by-poll on the Ratlam-Jhabua seat. Initially, Haari as well as Tol Singh Bhuria had filed their nominations for the November 21 by-poll but later the JD(U) national unit declared Haari as its official candidate, State JD(U) president Govind Yadav told PTI.
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- UP polls: Voting for fourth phase of Assembly elections today
- DNA: India sees 50% jump in millionaire exodus in 2016
- Watch - Akshay Kumar's pillow talk with his fans on fitness
- BMC election results 2017: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers to resign
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Today in History | February 22, 2017
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP
- Shiv Sena retains Thane Municipal Corporation, wins 67 seats
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- Maharashtra civil polls: BJP bags 32 seats in Ulhasnagar, Shiv Sena 25
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Shobhaa De gets sharp response from the cop whom she mocked on Twitter
- Amravati Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results: BJP wins big, NCP fails to open account
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days