As many as 81 people have died of swine flu in Madhya Pradesh this year, authorities said.
A local court has awarded life imprisonment to a 25-year-old man for killing his wife.
Ten persons, including two minors, were Monday killed and 15 injured when a vehicle ferrying people from a Navratri function collided with a truck on Indore-Icchapur Highway here in the wee hours.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Saturday offered his prayers at the Mahakal temple in Ujjain.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s cabinet has a maximum number of law
graduates with seven out of the total 22 possessing the LLB
22 ministers, including two women, of BJP government led by Shivraj Singh Chouhan were administered oath of office in the Madhya Pradesh capital by Governor Balram Jakhar here Saturday.
The tag of excellence bestowed on some members of the erstwhile Madhya Pradesh assembly did not give them any added advantage during the recent polls in the state.
The Bharatiya Janta Party, which often criticised Congress for its dynastic politics, fielded kin of many of its leaders in Madhya Pradesh state Assembly elections, majority of whom won the polls.
Uma Bharti`s Bharatiya Janashakti
Party failed miserably in its native Bundelkhand region with
its president losing the Tikamgarh assembly constituency in November 27 assembly elections.
By winning last month`s Assembly polls in MP, the ruling BJP in the state has proved many things in one go.
When the 13th MP Assembly holds its 1st session, several faces which were
seen in it in the past will be missing this time.
Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday said instead of blaming an individual for MP polls debacle, leaders should take joint responsibility.
Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who captained
BJP to tide over anti-incumbency factor, will take oath as
chief minister on December 12 to begin his second innings at
the helm of affairs in Madhya Pradesh.
BJP swept back to power in retaining Madhya Pradesh, having won 143 seats while Congress won 68 seats in 230 member Assembly.
Following the defeat of Congress in the Madhya Pradesh assembly elections, a blame game, on who should be held responsible for the party`s loss, has begun.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay
Singh is among the central observers for Rajasthan.
The Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee
president Suresh Pachouri on Monday offered to quit from his post
owning responsibility for the party`s possible defeat in the
state assembly elections.
Describing the results of the Assembly elections as an "upswing" for itself, the Congress on Monday termed them a major victory.
A case of violating model code
of conduct was registered against a local corporator and an LIC employee.
Does the unprecedented high
polling percentage recorded during the Madhya Pradesh assembly
elections held on November 27 indicate a change of power in
With the fate of the candidates
sealed in the EVMs, political analysts have started spelling
out the possible outcome of the assembly polls in Madhya
Police have booked a university Vice-Chancellor and registrar for allegedly violating the model code of conduct in favour of state Agriculture Minister Gopal Bhargawa.
Polling to elect a 230-member Madhya Pradesh assembly concluded Thursday evening with about 45 percent voters turning up to cast their ballot amid tight security and sporadic incidents of violence.
The second and last phase of
assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh saw an estimated 60% turnout today.
As many as 250 companies of police
force have been made for the November 27 Assembly polls in
The Election Commission of India
has directed the Madhya Pradesh government to ensure
uninterrupted power supply for 36 hours to make sure that load
shedding does not affect the elections due for tomorrow.
The poll campaigning for 13th
assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh ended at 5 this evening with
last-minute attempts by principal contenders, Congress and
BJP, to woo the voters.
Congress candidate from Tikamgarh Assembly constituency Yadvendra Singh has complained that Bharatiya Janshakti Party president Uma Bharti has been distributing money to voters.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi
today charged the BJP Government in Madhya Pradesh with
injudicious use of funds allocated to it under various Central
With the Madhya Pradesh Assembly
elections less than four days away, both the ruling BJP and
the Opposition Congress are exuding confidence that they will
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh