Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday completed 10 years in office, becoming the first non-Congress chief minister to do so, even as his tenures saw challenges like the Vyapam scam and defeat in recently-held Lok Sabha bypoll.
The defeat in a BJP-ruled state that helped Congress increase its tally to 45 in the Lower House reverses the trend in the six earlier Lok Sabha bypolls where the incumbent parties had retained their seats. The strength of BJP comes down to 281 in the 543-member House.
The Janata Dal (U) officially declared Vijay Haari as its candidate for the upcoming Lok Sabha by-poll on the Ratlam-Jhabua seat. Initially, Haari as well as Tol Singh Bhuria had filed their nominations for the November 21 by-poll but later the JD(U) national unit declared Haari as its official candidate, State JD(U) president Govind Yadav told PTI.
CBI on Tuesday registered two more cases in the Vyapam scam, which involves alleged irregularities in the conduct of Pre-Medical Tests by the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board between 2007 and 2010, taking the total number of cases to 61.
CBI on Monday registered three more FIRs into alleged corruption in the conduct of examinations and recruitment tests conducted by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board known as Vyapam.
CBI has registered a preliminary inquiry into the mysterious death of a pharmacist, Vijay Singh Patel, who was facing STF probe into Vyapam scam.
A day after holding a meet with Special Investigation Team and its Special Task Force officials, the CBI on Wednesday registered two cases in its ongoing probe in the Vyapam scam in Madhya Pradesh.
As many as 81 people have died of swine flu in Madhya Pradesh this year, authorities said.
A local court has awarded life imprisonment to a 25-year-old man for killing his wife.
Ten persons, including two minors, were Monday killed and 15 injured when a vehicle ferrying people from a Navratri function collided with a truck on Indore-Icchapur Highway here in the wee hours.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Amit Shah on Saturday offered his prayers at the Mahakal temple in Ujjain.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s cabinet has a maximum number of law
graduates with seven out of the total 22 possessing the LLB
22 ministers, including two women, of BJP government led by Shivraj Singh Chouhan were administered oath of office in the Madhya Pradesh capital by Governor Balram Jakhar here Saturday.
The tag of excellence bestowed on some members of the erstwhile Madhya Pradesh assembly did not give them any added advantage during the recent polls in the state.
The Bharatiya Janta Party, which often criticised Congress for its dynastic politics, fielded kin of many of its leaders in Madhya Pradesh state Assembly elections, majority of whom won the polls.
Uma Bharti`s Bharatiya Janashakti
Party failed miserably in its native Bundelkhand region with
its president losing the Tikamgarh assembly constituency in November 27 assembly elections.
By winning last month`s Assembly polls in MP, the ruling BJP in the state has proved many things in one go.
When the 13th MP Assembly holds its 1st session, several faces which were
seen in it in the past will be missing this time.
Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Wednesday said instead of blaming an individual for MP polls debacle, leaders should take joint responsibility.
Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who captained
BJP to tide over anti-incumbency factor, will take oath as
chief minister on December 12 to begin his second innings at
the helm of affairs in Madhya Pradesh.
Following the defeat of Congress in the Madhya Pradesh assembly elections, a blame game, on who should be held responsible for the party`s loss, has begun.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay
Singh is among the central observers for Rajasthan.
BJP swept back to power in retaining Madhya Pradesh, having won 143 seats while Congress won 68 seats in 230 member Assembly.
The Madhya Pradesh Congress Committee
president Suresh Pachouri on Monday offered to quit from his post
owning responsibility for the party`s possible defeat in the
state assembly elections.
Describing the results of the Assembly elections as an "upswing" for itself, the Congress on Monday termed them a major victory.
A case of violating model code
of conduct was registered against a local corporator and an LIC employee.
Does the unprecedented high
polling percentage recorded during the Madhya Pradesh assembly
elections held on November 27 indicate a change of power in
Police have booked a university Vice-Chancellor and registrar for allegedly violating the model code of conduct in favour of state Agriculture Minister Gopal Bhargawa.
With the fate of the candidates
sealed in the EVMs, political analysts have started spelling
out the possible outcome of the assembly polls in Madhya
Polling to elect a 230-member Madhya Pradesh assembly concluded Thursday evening with about 45 percent voters turning up to cast their ballot amid tight security and sporadic incidents of violence.
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Actor Aamir Khan, family owe Rs 817.95 as land rent
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- ISI agent arrested by STF in Uttar Pradesh
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- DNA: Difference between 1975 emergency in India and 2015 emergency in France
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR
- Prashant Bhushan ridicules Arvind Kejriwal's Janlokpal
- DNA: Analysis of Constitution Day Debate in Parliament
- Syed Ahmed Bukhari takes a jibe at Azam Khan
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Parliament's Winter Session: When Lok Sabha reverberated with PM Modi's 'Idea of India'
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming
- 'Get out!' Haryana Sports Minister Anil Vij tells woman IPS officer, she stays put
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill
- India vs South Africa, 3rd Test: Statistical highlights on day three
- Here's what PM Narendra Modi said on 'intolerance' in Parliament