Odisha government Saturday signed an agreement for preparation of a detailed project report (DPR) for the metro rail services between Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
Delhi Metro will organise a week-long series of activities to celebrate Independence Day, an official said Saturday.
A pedestrian subway at the busy ITO intersection in the national capital, built by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation with an unconventional technology, was thrown open to the public on Friday.
Celebrities like Beyonce Knowles, Angelina Jolie and Rihanna have been giving sparkling accents to their knuckles by wearing midi rings. So how about trying your hand at it?
Thousands of commuters faced inconvenience when a South-bound non-AC metro rake developed snag after soon leaving Park Street station.
Thousands of commuters were inconvenienced this morning when a south-bound non-AC metro rake developed snag after soon leaving Park Street station.
With an aim of promoting use of metro train service in the national capital and lending an ear to commuters, Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu today took a ride on it and said efforts will be made to popularise the service, make it more viable and reduce travel costs.
Over 10 lakh commuters travelled on the city`s first Mero, which covers the 11.4 km-long Versova-Andheri-Ghatkopar corridor, in the 59 hours since the commencement of its services on June 8.
Sao Paulo`s metro workers voted to stay off work for a fifth day on Monday even after a court declared the strike illegal, complicating preparations for the World Cup opening match.
Thousands of commuters in Delhi had a harrowing time on Wednesday as Metro services were disrupted on the Dwarka to Vaishali/Noida City Centre Blue Line in evening rush hour.
DMRC is introducing some changes in its smart cards, including increasing the minimum add value to Rs 100 from May 21.
A survey on eight Lucknow Metro stations in the first phase of the project will begin on May 01, officials said.
The organising committee of the 2022 Qatar World Cup has reportedly reduced the number of stadiums it is planning to build for the tournament due to rising costs and delays.
A man was critically wounded after he jumped before a moving Metro train in Noida, police said.
Delhi Metro commuters faced a tough time Monday when two stations in the heart of the capital were shut down for around three hours due to a religious gathering on a disputed land.
A week after he accepted Uttar Pradesh government`s offer to be the chief advisor of the Lucknow Metro project, E Sreedharan will be visiting the state capital Saturday, officials said.
The Kolkata Metro announced extension of timing of services from 6.45 am till 10.45 pm from March 25.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation board has approved its Dilshad Garden extension project to New Bus Stand following issuance of a no objection certificate from Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, said a Ghaziabad civic body official.
An unidentified man jumped in front of a moving metro train this evening at Sovabazar underground station and died on the spot.
Work on the Noida-Greater Noida Metro rail project is likely to begin in May or June, Chairman of the Greater Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) said today.
Adamant on his stance to continue his sit-in unless his demands are met, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal spent Monday`s winter night on a roadside at the protest venue.
Gujarat government has redrawn the metro rail route, which is likely to cause further delay in implementating the public transport project.
A worker at a Metro Rail construction site was on Saturday killed and another got injured when a crane broke and fell on them.
The desire to wear jewellery is not limited to women any more as more and more men, especially in the metro cities, are buying and wearing jewellery as daily accessory, according to a report by the Platinum Guild.
Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda Sunday formally inaugurated the Rapid Metro Gurgaon line, a month after the mass transit service started commercial operations.
A Metro-North passenger train derailed in the Bronx area of the New York City on Sunday morning. According to local news, at least four people have been reported dead.
Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida visited the Delhi Metro, authorities said.
There is little choice before us but to develop a good network of mass urban transport for better city planning, Delhi Metro chief Mangu Singh said on Friday, holding up China as an example in the matter.
Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday announced that a new Metro rail system would be developed between Noida and Greater Noida by 2017.
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Maggi controversy: Case against Big B, Madhuri Dixit and Preity Zinta
- Exclusive: Candid chat with superstar Amitabh Bachchan!
- Vidya Balan gets honorary doctorate for her contribution to Indian cinema
- RBI cuts repo rate by 0.25% to 7.25%
- Govt launches 'khoya-paya' web portal to track missing children
- PM Modi invites Sonia, Rahul, Kejriwal to take part in yoga event
- How to store food during summer!
- Immunotherapy, a new treatment to fight cancer
- DNA: A reality check of Delhi's Anganwadi scheme
- 92-year-old Harriette Thompson becomes oldest woman to finish marathon
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter visits Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam
- LG says AAP govt has no powers to appoint Bihar cops in Delhi ACB
- Goa police bust prostitution ring; Telugu actress rescued
- Modi govt’s novel initiative: ‘khoya-paya’ web portal to track missing children launched
- Maggi controversy: As it happened on Wednesday
- Jaipur joins India's metro rail club
- ‘Make in India’ lion came from Switzerland?
- Minorities are as much a part of India as anyone else: PM Modi assures Muslim leaders
- SEBA Result 2015: Check resultsassam.nic.in, ahsec.nic.in, seba.net.in for Assam Board HSLC Class 10 exam result shortly
- Assam Board Class 10th Results: SEBA HSLC/AHM Class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM on resultsassam.nic.in