Altogether 79 candidates have filed their nomination papers for the fourth phase of Lok Sabha elections in West Bengal to be held on May 7, the OSD in CEO`s office Amit Roy Chowdhury said here today.
Senior BJP leader Shanta Kumar slammed Congress for its lack of interest in pursuing the issue of black money stashed abroad.
Four high-profile candidates, including two former chief ministers, today filed their nomination papers for three out of a total of five Lok Sabha seats in Uttarakhand.
Odisha Chief Minister and BJD president Naveen Patnaik, BJD MP Sidhanta Mohapatra and BJP leader and former union minister Dilip Ray were among over 12 candidates who filed nomination for the ensuing assembly and lok sabha polls in Odisha today.
The election process for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls in Tamil Nadu will formally begin with the issue of notification on March 29, a top EC official said here on Wednesday.
Sporting achievements from the previous year have been accounted for when the 2014 Laureus World Sports Awards nominees were announced on Wednesday.
The much awaited Zee Cine Awards 2014 has just happened and the awards have been given away. The best stars and the cast for all the best films of the year 2013 have been chosen by votes of the audience.
The year 2013 has seen a whole lot of movies raking in the moolah at the Box Office as well as getting appreciation for some fabulous performances.
A total of 403 candidates have so far signed up to contest the Delhi Assembly polls with the process of filing of nominations set to close on Saturday, election officials said.
DMK candidate V Maran and five others today filed their nominations for the December 4 Yercaud (ST) by-poll which is likely to witness a direct face-off between archrivals DMK and AIADMK.
Sixty candidates including two from Congress on Thursday filed their papers on the third day of filing nominations for the ensuing Assembly polls in the state.
Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday admitted that there had been a delay in declaring the party`s list of candidates for the November 25 Assembly elections in Madhya Pradesh.
With one more day remaining for filing of nominations for the second phase of Chhattisgarh assembly polls, a total of 323 nominations filed today which included incumbent cabinet ministers, BJP state chief and MLAs.
Women candidates from Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), Congress and Shiv Sena filed their nominations for the post of mayor on the last day of filing nominations.
The Supreme Court Tuesday pulled up Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa for filing four nominations during the 2001 Assembly polls.
Here are the nominees of this year`s Zee Cine Awards, in various popular categories.
As many as 801 nominations filed by candidates for the Jan 30 Punjab assembly elections have been rejected by the Election Commission.
Over 600 candidates have so far
filed their nominations for 70 assembly seats in Uttarakhand
where polling is scheduled to be held on Jan 30.
On the first day of filing of
nomination papers for the first phase of UP Assembly polls, only two independent candidates filed their
Two candidates Thursday filed
nomination papers for the January-28 Manipur Assembly polls,
election office said.
Salman Khan`s ‘Dabangg’ bagged the maximum nominations for the second edition of GIMA awards.
Perry has beaten the likes of Adele, Lady Gaga and Beyonce by picking up nods in most of the ceremony’s biggest categories.
Officials in the Department of Personnel and Training said the names are being vetted and final three shortlisted candidates will be put before a three-member high level selection panel headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
A total of 183 nominations were
filed on Thursday in the Union Territory for the April 13 Assembly
Three nominees of BJP were among
the five candidates who filed their papers today for the April 13 Assembly polls in Puducherry on the fourth day of
Senior DMK leader and Tamil Nadu Finance Minister K Anbazhagan was among over 100 candidates who filed their nominations on Saturday for the April 13 Assembly
polls, official sources said.
A Division Bench of Punjab and
Haryana High Court on Wednesday stayed the process of nominations to
the Haryana Civil Services Executive Branch and issued notice
to the state government.
- Rahul Gandhi greeted with black flags at JNU
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- Titanic 2 - Replica of doomed ship to set sail
- PM Modi inaugurates Make in India Centre in Mumbai
- Return of jungle raj in Nitish's Bihar?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Family-run business vs professionally-run business
- JNU turns into political battleground
- JNU row: Anand Sharma attacked by AVBP students
- Railway changes online ticketing rules, effective February 15
- Mumbai: PM Narendra Modi inaugurates Make in India week
- Financial crisis leads politician to kill wife, kids and self!
- Shashi Tharoor questioned for five hours by Delhi Police
- Bihar RJD legislator Raj Ballabh Yadav booked in rape case of minor
- Two BJP leaders killed in 12 hours in Bihar
- PM Modi to launch 'Make in India' week in Mumbai
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley
- India summons US ambassador on decision to sell F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan
- Afzal Guru row: Modi government terrified of weak Indian people who raise their voice, says Rahul Gandhi at JNU
- MS Dhoni on Yuvraj Singh: Can't promote him over 'extraordinary' Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina
- Missing Indian Army captain found in Faizabad
- NZ vs Aus, 1st Test, Day 2: Adam Voges breaks Sachin Tendulkar's 12-year-old world record
- VIDEO: Ravi Bopara blasts 71* off 43 balls before taking 6-16 in PSL
- At present India has a Government where PM has the last word: Jaitley to Manmohan Singh
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis record 38th straight win, storm into St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy semis
- Valentine's Day special: Want to woo your loved one? Try these romantic messages