President Asif Ali Zardari on Tuesday blamed national and international forces for his Pakistan Peoples Party defeat in the May 11 polls.
Senator Raza Rabbani said that the PPP has been part of different governments in the past and understands the parliamentary matters very well.
The Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf emerged the single largest party in Khyber-Pakhtunkwa by bagging 35 of the 99 directly elected seats - far short of a simple majority.
The PML-N was nearly reaching the majority mark in the National Assembly all thanks to "silent voters who turned out in droves to catapult the party to power once again", said a leading daily Tuesday.
Nawaz Sharif`s PML-N has emerged as the single largest party in Pakistan`s landmark general elections with 123 of the 272 Parliamentary seats.
Forty-nine polling stations in Pakistan achieved the impossible -- the votes polled were more than the total number of voters.
Former premier Yousuf Raza Gilani on Monday resigned from the post of vice-chairman of the Pakistan People`s Party, accepting responsibility for its resounding defeat in the general election.
The unprecedented turnout in Pakistan`s general election reflected the people`s commitment to democratic rule, despite an "unbalanced" playing field and "distorted" election process, EU mission observing the landmark event said.
The Pakistan People`s Party today accepted defeat in the landmark general elections but said it had "serious reservations" about the fairness of the polls as it had been denied a level playing field by militant groups.
Pakistan went to polls Saturday for the National Assembly and provincial assemblies. Monday saw protests in parts of the country by losing candidates who alleged polls were rigged.
The daily Dawn cited unofficial results which showed the party has got 70 of the 130 general seats.
Shahbaz Sharif is likely to become the chief minister of Pakistan`s Punjab province again, a media report said Monday.
It also noted that the 2013 election was "the costliest ever in the country`s history, and the people with modest means were put at further disadvantage". The report, however, did not peg the costs.
Nawaz Sharif, poised for a record third term as Pakistan Prime Minister after his party`s emphatic win in the landmark general elections, has vowed to pursue better relations with the US while seeking "warmer ties" with India.
The Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), which will form the federal government very soon, will face the biggest challenge in deciding the fate of former president and army chief Pervez Musharraf.
Having received an overwhelming lead over its rivals in Pakistan elections, Pakistan Muslim Leauge-Nawaz (PML-N) president Nawaz Sharif is in talks with aides on forming a new government.
US President Barack Obama on Sunday congratulated Pakistan on successful completion of parliamentary elections and said his administration is ready to work "as equal partners" with the new government of that country.
There has been a delay in the announcement of results of the general elections in Pakistan due to the "transparent process" and "legal procedures" adopted by the election commission, a top official said on Sunday.
Crickter-turned-politician Imran Khan today said his party would act as a "solid opposition" even as he alleged that the general elections in Pakistan were marred by rigging in some provinces.
Nawaz Sharif, who was on Sunday poised to return to power in Pakistan after a 14-year hiatus, said a new round of talks will be resumed with India on the Kashmir issue, a media report said.
Leaders of many countries on Sunday felicitated Nawaz Sharif on his party`s victory in the general elections in Pakistan.
PML-N supporters took to the streets here in droves today to celebrate the victory of Nawaz Sharif`s party in a landmark general election that marked the first democratic transition in Pakistan`s troubled history.
Former Pakistan military ruler Pervez Musharraf`s party today managed to win a seat each in the National and provincial constituency despite announcing a boycott of the 2013 general elections.
The PML-N, which is set to form the next government in Pakistan, will frame a national policy to counter terrorism after consulting all political parties and stakeholders, a close associate of party chief Nawaz Sharif said.
The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) has said it has emerged as the second largest national party, capable of playing the role of a strong, active opposition in the National Assembly.
An arrest warrant has been issued for nine presiding officers of polling stations in a National Assembly constituency for not yet providing results, a media report said Sunday.
Former Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani`s son Ali Haider, kidnapped by gunmen while campaigning for Pakistan`s landmark general elections.
Pakistan voted Saturday for the National Assembly and the provincial assemblies.
Many stalwarts of Pakistani politics, including ex-Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, bit the dust in the polls that saw a large number of people exercising their vote for a historic democratic transition.
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Lesser people died in communal violence this year than in 2014: MHA
- Panel discussion: Is India only for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims?
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- DNA: Vladimir Putin's gigantic, triple-decker war room revealed
- DNA: Today In History, November 23, 2015
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark
- Exclusive sneak peek into Russia's high-tech war room!
- DNA: Analysis of Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' remark- Part 2
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Arvind Kejriwal hails Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics
- Here's where PM Modi ate his dinner in Singapore
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why
- Hindi version of Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ nears Rs 200 crore mark in India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- PHOTO: Mahendra Singh Dhoni's new adorable pic with daughter Ziva goes viral!
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- 3rd Test: India vs South Africa - Preview