Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Sunday distanced itself from the controversial issue of `love jihad` and denied having it as part of its agenda for discussion during the two-day state executive council meet in Mathura.
Bharatiya Janata Party`s council meeting will begin in Mathura on Saturday in which the party is likely to discuss the issue of `love jihad` in the state.
Around 55.56 percent voters cast their votes in the fifth phase of elections on Wednesday in Uttar Pradesh.
Voting went off peacefully in the twin Lok Sabha constituencies of Allahabad and Phulpur on Wednesday.
Bharatiya Janata Party president Rajnath Singh cast his vote here on Wednesday, and said that he is hopeful about winning this Lok Sabha seat.
Campaigning for 11 Lok Sabha seats going to polls on April 17 in the second phase in Uttar Pradesh ended this evening.
Eleven parliamentary constituencies go to the polls Thursday in Uttar Pradesh, where a bitter contest is on among major contenders to win the maximum number of its 80 Lok Sabha seats.
The BJP swept urban local body elections in UP winning 10 of 12 mayoral posts in municipal corporations with Congress failing to open its account.
Amidst stray incidents, nearly 51 pc votes were polled in the fourth and last phase of three-tier urban local body elections in 17 districts of UP.
The Committee, has, however, avoided any critical asessment of Rahul Gandhi`s role, who had undertaken a vigorous campaign.
After receiving a drubbing in the UP Assembly polls, the BJP on Wednesday constituted a committee to introspect the causes behind defeat.
BSP supremo Mayawati may have lost
the Assembly elections in UP but the defeated CM`s wealth as declared has jumped to Rs 111 crore.
NDA on Monday ridiculed the
Congress for poor performance in the Uttar Pradesh assembly polls.
After its poor showing in the Uttar Pradesh polls, the Congress appears to be softening its stand towards ally Trinamool Congress.
His delegate lead growing, Mitt Romney gently nudged his Republican opponents toward the sidelines on Wednesday.
Congratulating Mulayam Singh Yadav
for sweeping UP Assembly polls, his former confidant Amar
Singh on Wednesday said the electorate preferred SP`s "immediate"
relief like unemployment allowance.
A day after being dethroned in Uttar Pradesh, BSP chief Mayawati on Wednesday alleged the Samajwadi Party would take the state backwards.
A day after being dethroned from power in Uttar Pradesh, BSP leader Mayawati on Wednesday met state Governor BL Joshi and submitted her resignation.
Rashtriya Lok Manch, the party
floated by Amar Singh drew a blank in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
Some mediamen were trapped in a room after SP supporters
clashed with them and damaged the equipment of some cameramen.
Singh had fielded 360 candidates across UP of his
year-old party and had campaigned hard with Jaya Prada.
SP leader Akhilesh Yadav condemned the violence and assured that action will be taken against all those who have taken law into their hands.
The EC let off BSP leader Satish Chandra Mishra with a warning for seeking votes of Dalit Brahmin families on the ground of caste and closed the model code of conduct violation
case against him.
Congress on Monday virtually
snubbed Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma making it clear that
it will sit in the Opposition in Uttar Pradesh if it does not
not get majority.
Congress claimed it will play a crucial role in formation of the next government in Uttar Pradesh.
With exit polls predicting a hung Assembly in UP, Beni Prasad Verma on Sunday caused a flutter in the party by favouring a tie-up with Mayawati`s BSP.
Congress general secretary Digvijay
Singh said he did not believe the exit poll prediction that his party would win less than 40 seats in UP.
Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh said that he did not believe the exit polls` prediction in Congress in UP.
Congress is not exactly on a strong footing in Uttar Pradesh, assessments and trends after the just concluded Assembly polls indicate.
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Blood diamonds: Dawood Ibrahim's latest business interest
- PM Modi launches digital version of epic 'Ramcharitmanas'
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Lalu Prasad Yadav hits out at Modi in Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi? - Part II
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Sheena murder case: Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev, driver taken to Raigad crime spot
- I hated my daughter Sheena Bora because she threatened to reveal my secrets: Indrani Mukerjea
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: How Indrani's four attempts to kill Mikhail failed
- Who tipped off Mumbai police about Sheena Bora's murder?
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- We can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Pakistan's defence minister
- Sheena Bora murder: Mumbai Police likely to conduct narco test on Indrani Mukerjea, her ex-husband Sanjeev