Tata Steel on Thursday said it expects Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will take necessary measures in the upcoming Union Budget to rein in rising steel imports for making the domestic industry competitive.
Both the indices, sensex and Nifty, washed out initial gains on fresh selling mainly in Auto, Healthcare, IT, Consumer Durable and Banking sectors ahead of the Railway Budget and was trailing down by about 67 points at 1100 hours.
Ahead of presentation of the Railway Budget in Parliament on Thursday, government has ruled out the possibility of reducing train fares, saying they were "already low".
Ahead of presentation of the Railway Budget in Parliament next week, government on Thursday ruled out the possibility of reducing train fares, saying they were "already low".
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Saturday said the feasibility report on high-speed bullet train between Ahmedabad and Mumbai was being prepared with the assistance of a Japan government's company.
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Saturday said that although diesel prices have come down, reduction in passenger fares is unlikely to happen.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Thursday hinted that there may not be any cut in train fares in spite of the fall in diesel prices.
Keen to bring in fundamental changes in the manner in which Indian Railways operates, Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu may abandon the populist path in Rail Budget 2015.
Opposition members on Monday picked holes in the Rail budget and questioned how the ambitious agenda outlined in it would be implemented by the cash-strapped railways as there is no budgetary support from the government unlike China and other developed nations.
The Narendra Modi government's maiden Rail Budget will be discussed by both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha on Monday.
The Kerala Assembly unanimously passed a resolution against the `total neglect` of the state`s needs in the Railway budget and asked the Centre to sanction the projects and new trains sought by the state.
New railway budget fuelled criticism from various parties here on Wednesday.
Nationalist Congress Party ( NCP ) leader, Tariq Anwar today said that there is nothing for the poor in the Budget.
Member of Parliaments of Kerala protested against the Railway Budget here on Wednesday.
As smart cards are increasingly becoming popular among the people, the Railways has now launched Go-India Smart Card.
Poll-bound states and NDA bastions find favour in rail budget
In a move aimed at improving efficiency of the Railways, the government Tuesday announced the decision to separate the "unwieldy" Railway Board's functions of policy formulation and implementation.
Slipping from record highs, the Sensex Tuesday plunged 518 points and the Nifty tanked 164 points in their worst drop in 10 months on profit booking as investors said Narendra Modi-led NDA government's first Railway budget carried no big-bang announcement.
FDI will not be allowed in core operational areas, he said, adding these areas will remain with the Railways.
As many as 58 new trains, including five new 'Jansadharan' trains and an equal number of premium group of trains have been proposed in the Rail Budget presented by Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda Tuesday.
Full text of Railways minister Sadananda Gowda presenting the Railway Budget 2014 in the Parliament.
In a series of tweets, Modi said, "Rail Budget shows the important role of Railways in India's development journey."
Hailing the Railway Budget as "well thought-out" and non-populist, global consultancy KPMG Tuesday said it provides the much needed strategic financial headroom required for the railways to make critical investments in its modernization and expansion plans.
The Railway Minister also announced a slew of measures for giving passenger friendly services.
The minister said, he proposes to introduce specially packaged trains for these circuits.
Looking to attract funds for infrastructure development, the Railways Ministry would seek approval of the Union Cabinet to relax foreign direct investment policy to overcome cash crunch.
The government Tuesday said it will expedite the construction of three critical rail lines to facilitate faster transportation of coal to power plants, thereby helping in bringing nearly 100 million tonnes of incremental traffic to Railways.
Aiming at boosting domestic tourism, Railways Tuesday announced several tourist trains connecting pilgrim centres across the country
Government today proposed "highest ever" plan outlay of Rs 65,445 crore to the railways for the current fiscal, with a budgetary support of over Rs 30,000 crore.
Introduction of bullet trains starting off with the Mumbai-Ahmedabad sector and an ambitious plan to have a Diamond Quadrilateral network of high speed rail connecting major metros and growth centres are on the anvil.
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks: Nation pays homage to martyrs
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Panel Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's ignorance of PM Modi's schemes
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Simon Harmer overshadows Imran Tahir on Day 1 in 3rd Test
- Seventh anniversary of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks today
- Watch: How NASA astronauts are celebrating Thanksgiving in space!
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- After brilliant century, Arjun Tendulkar claims four-wicket haul in U-16 match
- New poster: 'Har Har Mahadev', says Ranveer in 'Bajirao Mastani'!
- Online intolerance: Kerala journo faces threats for writing about madrasa child abuse
- Wear burqa in Switzerland and face a $9,835 fine
- US strike on hospital was frightening catalogue of errors: MSF