Opposition members on Monday picked holes in the Rail budget and questioned how the ambitious agenda outlined in it would be implemented by the cash-strapped railways as there is no budgetary support from the government unlike China and other developed nations.
The Kerala Assembly unanimously passed a resolution against the `total neglect` of the state`s needs in the Railway budget and asked the Centre to sanction the projects and new trains sought by the state.
New railway budget fuelled criticism from various parties here on Wednesday.
Nationalist Congress Party ( NCP ) leader, Tariq Anwar today said that there is nothing for the poor in the Budget.
Member of Parliaments of Kerala protested against the Railway Budget here on Wednesday.
Poll-bound states and NDA bastions find favour in rail budget
As the Budget Session commences on Monday, all eyes will be set on the Narendra Modi-led NDA government, which would present its first Railway and Union Budget in the next few days.
Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Saturday appealed to Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda to introduce an alternate railway line from Coochbehar in West Bengal to Abhayapuri in Assam in the forthcoming Railway Budget.
The government on Wednesday said it will go the extra mile to seek the cooperation of all in ensuring a smooth and productive Budget Session of Parliament, which is set to kick off next week.
Former Railway Minister and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar on Friday criticised Narendra Modi government for promoting a "bad tradition" of announcing hike in Railway fare and freight before presentation of Railway budget in Parliament.
Trinamool Congress on Wednesday described the interim Railway Budget as a `sham`, saying that an outgoing government had no right to frame policies or place budgets.
Odisha Assembly witnessed noisy scenes with Congress MLAs rushing to well of the House.
Key UPA ally DMK on Wednesday said proposals to hike freight tariff and Tatkal booking charges will affect the respective users.
Minister of State for Railway and Congress leader Adhir Chowdhury refuted the allegation of Trinamool Congress that the rail budget neglects the state.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh Tuesday termed the rail budget "highly disappointing" while opposition leaders called it "balanced and growth-oriented".
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan on Tuesday hailed railway budget 2013-14 calling it "balanced", but his deputy Ajit Pawar said injustice has been done to the state and its capital.
The ruling Congress and its union ministers Tuesday praised the railway budget as "commendable" while the opposition, including the BJP and the Left, criticised it as "disappointing" and an eyewash.
Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Tuesday said he is surprised by the allegation of Trinamool Congress (TMC) that West Bengal has been neglected in the Rail Budget and said he had given 14 new trains to the state.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said seriousness on implementation of high speed rail should reflect in the railway budget.
Budget Session of Parliament will begin on February 21 with President Pranab Mukherjee`s first address to the joint sitting of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha.
Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal on Sunday evaded a direct reply on the likelihood of further hike in train fares, saying everyone will have to wait till the budget is presented.
Heated exchanges and a scuffle erupted between BJD and Congress members in Odisha Assembly on Tuesday.
The Trinamool Congress dismissed Railway minister Dinesh Trivedi contention that he
has to reply in Parliament since he presented the railway budget.
Criticising the railway budget BJP workers led by its MP unit chief Prabhat Jha held a demonstration and sit-in outside the railway station.
Trinamool Congress on Thursday said its priority was to ensure a
"complete rollback" of the fare hike announced in the rail
Omar is among the very few politicians who have supported the hike in train fares proposed by Trivedi in his maiden Railway Budget
Both ruling Congress led UDF and opposition CPI-M headed LDF in Kerala on Wednesday expressed their displeasure over the railway budget.
Industry bodies here on Wednesday gave a mixed reaction to the railway budget presented by Minister Dinesh Trivedi.
Former Union Minister and senior BJP
leader Ram Naik on Wednesday termed the railway budget as a "loot".
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Fast N Facts @7:30 pm
- What is the truth behind Journalist Akshay Singh's death?
- The mystery behind the deaths of Vyapam Scam continues- Part II
- Arvind Kejriwal wants referendum on statehood for Delhi
- Uddhav Thakeray hits out at BJP, says corruption visible everywhere
- Vyapam scam: CBI probe only if courts intervene, says Rajnath Singh
- SC allows child's guardianship without father's consent to unwed mother
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress
- Dalai Lama birthday celebrations draw support, protests in US
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- OROP protest stays, meeting with Parrikar likely
- Genome sequencing brings woolly mammoth clones closer
- Soon, 'selfies' to verify online payments!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Pallavi Joshi resigns from FTII, lends support to students
- Hizbul Mujahideen chief Salahuddin still wants to come back: Dulat