Tata Steel on Thursday said it expects Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will take necessary measures in the upcoming Union Budget to rein in rising steel imports for making the domestic industry competitive.
Both the indices, sensex and Nifty, washed out initial gains on fresh selling mainly in Auto, Healthcare, IT, Consumer Durable and Banking sectors ahead of the Railway Budget and was trailing down by about 67 points at 1100 hours.
Ahead of presentation of the Railway Budget in Parliament on Thursday, government has ruled out the possibility of reducing train fares, saying they were "already low".
Ahead of presentation of the Railway Budget in Parliament next week, government on Thursday ruled out the possibility of reducing train fares, saying they were "already low".
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Saturday said the feasibility report on high-speed bullet train between Ahmedabad and Mumbai was being prepared with the assistance of a Japan government's company.
Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Saturday said that although diesel prices have come down, reduction in passenger fares is unlikely to happen.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Thursday hinted that there may not be any cut in train fares in spite of the fall in diesel prices.
Keen to bring in fundamental changes in the manner in which Indian Railways operates, Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu may abandon the populist path in Rail Budget 2015.
Opposition members on Monday picked holes in the Rail budget and questioned how the ambitious agenda outlined in it would be implemented by the cash-strapped railways as there is no budgetary support from the government unlike China and other developed nations.
The Narendra Modi government's maiden Rail Budget will be discussed by both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha on Monday.
The Kerala Assembly unanimously passed a resolution against the `total neglect` of the state`s needs in the Railway budget and asked the Centre to sanction the projects and new trains sought by the state.
New railway budget fuelled criticism from various parties here on Wednesday.
Nationalist Congress Party ( NCP ) leader, Tariq Anwar today said that there is nothing for the poor in the Budget.
Member of Parliaments of Kerala protested against the Railway Budget here on Wednesday.
As smart cards are increasingly becoming popular among the people, the Railways has now launched Go-India Smart Card.
Poll-bound states and NDA bastions find favour in rail budget
In a move aimed at improving efficiency of the Railways, the government Tuesday announced the decision to separate the "unwieldy" Railway Board's functions of policy formulation and implementation.
Slipping from record highs, the Sensex Tuesday plunged 518 points and the Nifty tanked 164 points in their worst drop in 10 months on profit booking as investors said Narendra Modi-led NDA government's first Railway budget carried no big-bang announcement.
FDI will not be allowed in core operational areas, he said, adding these areas will remain with the Railways.
As many as 58 new trains, including five new 'Jansadharan' trains and an equal number of premium group of trains have been proposed in the Rail Budget presented by Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda Tuesday.
Full text of Railways minister Sadananda Gowda presenting the Railway Budget 2014 in the Parliament.
In a series of tweets, Modi said, "Rail Budget shows the important role of Railways in India's development journey."
Hailing the Railway Budget as "well thought-out" and non-populist, global consultancy KPMG Tuesday said it provides the much needed strategic financial headroom required for the railways to make critical investments in its modernization and expansion plans.
The Railway Minister also announced a slew of measures for giving passenger friendly services.
The minister said, he proposes to introduce specially packaged trains for these circuits.
Looking to attract funds for infrastructure development, the Railways Ministry would seek approval of the Union Cabinet to relax foreign direct investment policy to overcome cash crunch.
The government Tuesday said it will expedite the construction of three critical rail lines to facilitate faster transportation of coal to power plants, thereby helping in bringing nearly 100 million tonnes of incremental traffic to Railways.
Aiming at boosting domestic tourism, Railways Tuesday announced several tourist trains connecting pilgrim centres across the country
Government today proposed "highest ever" plan outlay of Rs 65,445 crore to the railways for the current fiscal, with a budgetary support of over Rs 30,000 crore.
Introduction of bullet trains starting off with the Mumbai-Ahmedabad sector and an ambitious plan to have a Diamond Quadrilateral network of high speed rail connecting major metros and growth centres are on the anvil.
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Price of pulses crosses more than Rs 225 per kilogram
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Asaram adult books distributed in Chattisgarh schools
- Panel discussion on communal riots being made top issue in India instead of inflation
- From Rs 12,000 to 50,000: AAP intends to hike Delhi MLAs basic salaries
- Varanasi violence: Schools, colleges to remain closed today
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui
- NASA's Mars orbiter reveals stunning images of Acidalia Planitia featured in 'The Martian'
- Former cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with life-threatening disease
- Dadri lynching: Won't let 'agenda of destruction' succeed, says govt; victim's son appeals for peace
- Helder Postiga less Atletico de Kolkata to take on Goa
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- ISL 2015: FC Goa vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Indo-Pak border: Bright and calm from space...guns on the ground
- Shri Kainchi Dham Mandir – A divine destination for self resurrection
- Watch: Baby born without skull and brain says hello in emotional video!