Middle-order batsman Manish Pandey`s fine century might go in vain as hosts Saurashtra took the vital first innings lead against Karnataka on the third day of the Ranji Trophy quarter-final match here on Tuesday.
Riding on three centuries Mumbai posted a mammoth 645 for nine declared and then reduced Baroda to 167 for five on the third day of their Ranji Trophy quarter-final match here on Tuesday.
Middle-order batsman Sheldon Jackson`s 83 and contributions from Shitanshu Kotak and Arpit Vasavada helped Saurashtra make 272 for five on the opening day of five-day Ranji Trophy quarter final against Karnataka here at Saurashtra University ground.
Hosts Goa gained three points by virtue of their first innings lead as their Group `C` four-day Ranji match against Assam ended in a draw on the final day at PCA ground here on Tuesday.
Tripura captain Ajay Ratra`s unbeaten 103 was the only bright spot in their inconsequential Ranji Trophy Group C match against hosts Jammu and Kashmir which ended in a tame draw here on Tuesday.
Hosts Bengal on Tuesday suffered a 122-run humiliating defeat against Railways, their fourth in the Ranji season, to usher in the New Year on a depressing note.
Mumbai`s Ranji Trophy campaign would be boosted by the availability of Sachin Tendulkar to play in their quarter final game against Baroda here from January 6-10.
Ankit Bawne`s heroic unbeaten 155 went in vain as Karnataka notched up a thrilling eight-wicket win over Maharashtra on the final day to book a quarterfinal berth in the Ranji Trophy here today.
Delhi on Tuesday failed to record an outright win against Vidarbha and were knocked out at the group league stage of the Ranji Trophy.
Pacer Sandeep Warrier returned a six-wicket haul as Kerala trounced Jharkhand by an innings and 35 runs in their Group C Ranji Trophy match with a day to spare here on Monday.
Left-arm spinner Rakesh Dhurv`s five-wicket haul wrecked the formidable Punjab as Gujarat rose to second on the points table after a 37-run win in their Ranji Trophy Group A encounter.
Table-toppers Uttar Pradesh would be aiming to seal their berth in the knockout stage when they take on laggards Tamil Nadu in their penultimate Ranji Trophy Group B match.
Left-arm seamer Samad Fallah took five wickets as Maharashtra got a slender first innings lead of three runs against Delhi on an exciting second day of the Ranji Trophy Group A League encounter at the Roshanara Club ground here on Sunday.
After dismissing Jammu & Kashmir for a paltry 85 runs, an unbeaten century-plus stand between Rajat Paliwal and Sarabjit Singh helped Services earn a vital first innings lead on the opening day of their Group C Ranji Trophy match here today.
Struggling to get their act together, Bengal will have problems aplenty without their star players, Manoj Tiwary and Ashok Dinda, when they take on a youthful Hyderabad side in their Ranji Trophy match, beginning here on Friday.
Pacer Ishwar Pandey stole the limelight with his second five-wicket haul of the match as Madhya Pradesh scored a thumping 138-run win over Bengal on the final day of their Ranji Trophy group league match here on Tuesday.
- Don't make triple talaq a political issue, appeals PM Modi
- Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement over Kashmir issue
- Raid in retired colonel's house in Meerut; firearms, animal skin, 1 crore cash recovered
- How long will the triple talaq issue continue to bother Muslims?
- Are the youth in Kashmir forced to join terror forces? Terrorist bears all
- Chhattisgarh: CRPF halts all operations related to road safety in Maoist-prone area
- Watch: PM Modi addresses people at International Basavanna Convention
- DNA: Sudden rise in demand for nuclear shelters in Japan - Are they feeling threatened?
- Enough is enough: Video of CRPF soldier seeking revenge for Sukma martyrs goes viral
- Is National Conference following the footsteps of Muslim League?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath addresses RSS workers in Gorakhpur
- Huge crowd gathers to pay last respects to 24-year-old martyr Capt Ayush Yadav
- Fateh Ka Fatwa : Banking activity and its propaganda in Islam
- Fateh Ka Fatwa : Banking activity and its propaganda in Islam, Part-II
- DNA: Today in History | April 29, 2017
- IPL 2017: Robin Uthappa threatens Siddarth Kaul with body contact, then angry Yuvraj Singh takes over — WATCH
- 7th Pay Commission: Report on allowances submitted- Finance Ministry statement
- Is Dawood Ibrahim dead? Chhota Shakeel reveals about underworld don's health
- IPL 2017: Ever seen MS Dhoni swing this hard? Here's what happened to the ball — WATCH
- 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' makes history, becomes first film to enter Rs 100 crore club on Day 1
- IPL 2017: Jasprit Bumrah hunts down Lions in their own den, as Mumbai beat Gujarat in Super Over – Watch Video
- Retd Colonel's residence raided in Meerut; 50,000 cartridges, 40 rifles, pistols, Rs 1 cr cash, 117 kg meat seized
- Bizarre! Girl's 'two-faced' mirror reflection creates sensation on social media – See pic
- GL vs MI: 1 run needed from 1 ball, and then 'game-changer' Ravindra Jadeja shows his master-class – Watch Video
- If there's a referendum in Balochistan, people will vote for India, says top Baloch leader
- Abu Tahir, suspected Al Qaeda recruit from Kerala, killed in Syria in attack by US
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion – Check out final opening day breakup at Box Office
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion - SS Rajamouli's magnum opus takes Box Office by storm, shatters all records
- Bollywood diva Disha Patani rates Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh on a scale of 1 to 10 – Watch Video
- Income Tax filing 2017: You can make these 6 investments for tax-free income