Middle-order batsman Manish Pandey`s fine century might go in vain as hosts Saurashtra took the vital first innings lead against Karnataka on the third day of the Ranji Trophy quarter-final match here on Tuesday.
Riding on three centuries Mumbai posted a mammoth 645 for nine declared and then reduced Baroda to 167 for five on the third day of their Ranji Trophy quarter-final match here on Tuesday.
Middle-order batsman Sheldon Jackson`s 83 and contributions from Shitanshu Kotak and Arpit Vasavada helped Saurashtra make 272 for five on the opening day of five-day Ranji Trophy quarter final against Karnataka here at Saurashtra University ground.
Hosts Goa gained three points by virtue of their first innings lead as their Group `C` four-day Ranji match against Assam ended in a draw on the final day at PCA ground here on Tuesday.
Tripura captain Ajay Ratra`s unbeaten 103 was the only bright spot in their inconsequential Ranji Trophy Group C match against hosts Jammu and Kashmir which ended in a tame draw here on Tuesday.
Hosts Bengal on Tuesday suffered a 122-run humiliating defeat against Railways, their fourth in the Ranji season, to usher in the New Year on a depressing note.
Mumbai`s Ranji Trophy campaign would be boosted by the availability of Sachin Tendulkar to play in their quarter final game against Baroda here from January 6-10.
Ankit Bawne`s heroic unbeaten 155 went in vain as Karnataka notched up a thrilling eight-wicket win over Maharashtra on the final day to book a quarterfinal berth in the Ranji Trophy here today.
Delhi on Tuesday failed to record an outright win against Vidarbha and were knocked out at the group league stage of the Ranji Trophy.
Pacer Sandeep Warrier returned a six-wicket haul as Kerala trounced Jharkhand by an innings and 35 runs in their Group C Ranji Trophy match with a day to spare here on Monday.
Left-arm spinner Rakesh Dhurv`s five-wicket haul wrecked the formidable Punjab as Gujarat rose to second on the points table after a 37-run win in their Ranji Trophy Group A encounter.
Table-toppers Uttar Pradesh would be aiming to seal their berth in the knockout stage when they take on laggards Tamil Nadu in their penultimate Ranji Trophy Group B match.
Left-arm seamer Samad Fallah took five wickets as Maharashtra got a slender first innings lead of three runs against Delhi on an exciting second day of the Ranji Trophy Group A League encounter at the Roshanara Club ground here on Sunday.
After dismissing Jammu & Kashmir for a paltry 85 runs, an unbeaten century-plus stand between Rajat Paliwal and Sarabjit Singh helped Services earn a vital first innings lead on the opening day of their Group C Ranji Trophy match here today.
Struggling to get their act together, Bengal will have problems aplenty without their star players, Manoj Tiwary and Ashok Dinda, when they take on a youthful Hyderabad side in their Ranji Trophy match, beginning here on Friday.
Pacer Ishwar Pandey stole the limelight with his second five-wicket haul of the match as Madhya Pradesh scored a thumping 138-run win over Bengal on the final day of their Ranji Trophy group league match here on Tuesday.
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysis of Russia's nuclear threat to America
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- Watch: Reports on natural mosquito repellent
- DNA: Today in History | October 22, 2016
- Delhi: Fire in children's ward of GTB Hospital, no casualties
- Panel discussion on politics of MNS in the name of patriotism
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- PM Modi appeals people to wish army officials this Diwali
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year
- Brave BSF jawan Gurnam Singh, injured in Pak firing, succumbs to injuries
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'
- Here's how Alzheimer's disease can be possibly prevented
- Virender Sehwag trolls Pakistan after Indian hockey team's 3-2 win in Asian Champions Trophy
- Chinese mobile phone manufacturers urged to 'Make in India'
- Regional Connectivity scheme will turn India into third largest aviation market: PM Modi
- 150 Stumpings, 9000 Runs, Most Sixes for a Captain: MS Dhoni on record breaking spree against New Zealand in Mohali
- Simultaneous polls likely in Uttar Pradesh, 4 other states in February-March
- Pakistan vs West Indies, 2nd Test, Day 3: As it happened...