Middle-order batsman Manish Pandey`s fine century might go in vain as hosts Saurashtra took the vital first innings lead against Karnataka on the third day of the Ranji Trophy quarter-final match here on Tuesday.
Riding on three centuries Mumbai posted a mammoth 645 for nine declared and then reduced Baroda to 167 for five on the third day of their Ranji Trophy quarter-final match here on Tuesday.
Middle-order batsman Sheldon Jackson`s 83 and contributions from Shitanshu Kotak and Arpit Vasavada helped Saurashtra make 272 for five on the opening day of five-day Ranji Trophy quarter final against Karnataka here at Saurashtra University ground.
Hosts Goa gained three points by virtue of their first innings lead as their Group `C` four-day Ranji match against Assam ended in a draw on the final day at PCA ground here on Tuesday.
Tripura captain Ajay Ratra`s unbeaten 103 was the only bright spot in their inconsequential Ranji Trophy Group C match against hosts Jammu and Kashmir which ended in a tame draw here on Tuesday.
Hosts Bengal on Tuesday suffered a 122-run humiliating defeat against Railways, their fourth in the Ranji season, to usher in the New Year on a depressing note.
Mumbai`s Ranji Trophy campaign would be boosted by the availability of Sachin Tendulkar to play in their quarter final game against Baroda here from January 6-10.
Ankit Bawne`s heroic unbeaten 155 went in vain as Karnataka notched up a thrilling eight-wicket win over Maharashtra on the final day to book a quarterfinal berth in the Ranji Trophy here today.
Delhi on Tuesday failed to record an outright win against Vidarbha and were knocked out at the group league stage of the Ranji Trophy.
Pacer Sandeep Warrier returned a six-wicket haul as Kerala trounced Jharkhand by an innings and 35 runs in their Group C Ranji Trophy match with a day to spare here on Monday.
Left-arm spinner Rakesh Dhurv`s five-wicket haul wrecked the formidable Punjab as Gujarat rose to second on the points table after a 37-run win in their Ranji Trophy Group A encounter.
Table-toppers Uttar Pradesh would be aiming to seal their berth in the knockout stage when they take on laggards Tamil Nadu in their penultimate Ranji Trophy Group B match.
Left-arm seamer Samad Fallah took five wickets as Maharashtra got a slender first innings lead of three runs against Delhi on an exciting second day of the Ranji Trophy Group A League encounter at the Roshanara Club ground here on Sunday.
After dismissing Jammu & Kashmir for a paltry 85 runs, an unbeaten century-plus stand between Rajat Paliwal and Sarabjit Singh helped Services earn a vital first innings lead on the opening day of their Group C Ranji Trophy match here today.
Struggling to get their act together, Bengal will have problems aplenty without their star players, Manoj Tiwary and Ashok Dinda, when they take on a youthful Hyderabad side in their Ranji Trophy match, beginning here on Friday.
Pacer Ishwar Pandey stole the limelight with his second five-wicket haul of the match as Madhya Pradesh scored a thumping 138-run win over Bengal on the final day of their Ranji Trophy group league match here on Tuesday.
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- DNA: Today in History | February 20, 2017
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- DNA: Analysis of the danger and threat to human life due to air pollution
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- Lasith Malinga vs Travis Head: IPL preview in Australia — WATCH
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers
- Do you suffer from chronic knee pain? Online treatment may help you!
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni travelled in train with Jharkhand teammates