Fulham`s poor start to life in the second-tier Championship reached crisis point when they were thrashed 5-1 by Derby County on Saturday, while Nottingham Forest returned to the top of the table with a 4-0 victory over Reading.
A look back at a thrilling Premier League title race during which the lead changed hands 25 times.
Former England defender Wayne Bridge has retired from football after an injury-hit season, it was announced on Tuesday.
Wigan Athletic secured a place in the English Championship (second tier) playoffs with a 1-0 win at relegation-threatened Birmingham City on Tuesday, fuelling their hopes of an immediate return to the Premier League.
Leicester moved back to the top of the Championship with a 1-0 win over Reading, while previous leaders Burnley slumped to a 1-0 defeat at Middlesbrough on Thursday.
Reading and QPR have both been relegated from the Premier League after the two sides played out a turgid 0-0 stalemate at the Madejski Stadium on Sunday afternoon.
Nigel Adkins picked up his first point as Reading manager after his side`s goalless draw against Liverpool at the Madejski Stadium.
Reading remain anchored to the foot of the Premier League table after being defeated 2-0 at the Madejski Stadium by fellow strugglers Southampton.
Arsenal gave their Champions League qualification hopes a boost with a comfortable win over relegation-threatened Reading.
Harry Styles and Rio Ferdinand were spotted having a man-date on Saturday – with the ‘One Direction’ star’s old chum, Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw, nowhere in sight.
Manchester United extended their lead at the top of the Premier League table to 15 points after a 1-0 win over Reading at Old Trafford on Saturday.
Second-half substitute Adam Le Fondre scored an injury-time winner as Reading staged a stunning comeback from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Chelsea at the Madejski Stadium on Wednesday night.
Newcastle slipped further into the Premier League relegation mire as Reading boosted their own chances with a 2-1 win at St James` Park on Saturday.
The midfielder has been with the club since 2009 after spells with Brentford and Coventry City, and is hoping to extend his stay beyond the summer when his current deal expires.
The fleet-footed right winger was in fine form once again for Spurs against Reading, providing an assist for Emmanuel Adebayor and causing havoc against Ian Harte on the flank.
The north London side responded to Pavel Pogrebnyak`s early opener to record their seventh win in nine matches as the race for Champions League places hots up in 2013.
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Demonetisation: Petrol pumps turn into cash counters
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Jayalalithaa death shock killed over 70, claims AIADMK
- DNA: Analyzing the decision-making process of Time's 'Person of the Year'
- 7-storey under-construction building collapses in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, December 8, 2016
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers
- 'Mannargudi mafia' back in action? A common man can lead AIADMK, says Jayalalithaa's confidante Sasikala's husband
- SHOCKER: Bhuvneshwar Kumar floors umpire Paul Reiffel with 'wicketless' ball — WATCH
- Parliament: Opposition agrees to debate demonetisation without division of votes
- India vs England, 4th Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- US Congress to formally recognise India as major defence partner: Ashton Carter
- Actress Gautami troubled by unanswered questions on Jayalalithaa's death, seeks PM Narendra Modi's help
- Zaheer Khan describes Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech wedding in unusual style
- When David Warner almost broke Sachin Tendulkar's record!