spectrum-licences - Latest News on spectrum-licences | Read Breaking News on Zee News

2G case: A Raja denies putting pressure on DoT officials

Last Updated: Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 19:10

Former Telecom Minister A Raja on Tuesday rejected in a Delhi court CBI's suggestions that he had "put pressure" on Department of Telecommunications (DoT) officers to process applications seeking 2G spectrum licences and issue letters of intent (LoIs) in simultaneous manner.

DoT to bar 3G spectrum holders from sharing airwaves

Last Updated: Wednesday, December 18, 2013, 21:17

As per draft rules, "spectrum sharing will not be permitted among licences having 3G spectrum," a DoT source said.

Telcos owe Rs 17,980 cr to govt, but is under litigation

Last Updated: Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 21:47

Bharti Airtel has a total outstanding of Rs 5,540.68 crore, followed by Vodafone, which owes a total of Rs 3,846.29 crore, Reliance Communiations Rs 2,422.67 crore, Idea Rs 2,029.96 crore, Aircel Rs 1,351.51 crore and Tata Teleservices Rs 1,402.02 crore.

DoT sets Rs 2,060 cr spectrum fee for cancelled licences

Last Updated: Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 21:40

The Department of Telecom has worked out a one-time spectrum charge of over Rs 2,060 crore to be levied from operators for the period they remained in business after their licences were cancelled in February last year, sources said.

SC order directly binding on telcos: DoT source

Last Updated: Friday, February 15, 2013, 22:18

Telecom firms which did not win any mobile phone spectrum after their licences were cancelled by the Supreme Court, may have to the shut shop with immediate effect.

Telenor's 2008 licence fee may not be adjusted in new payment

Last Updated: Friday, November 30, 2012, 22:20

Telenor purchased majority stake in Uninor after licences were issued to its Indian partner Unitech Wireless.

DoT to declare final spectrum auction result within two days

Last Updated: Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 21:28

DoT had on November 14 declared provisional auction result which fetched government revenue of Rs 9,407.64 crore against minimum potential of Rs 28,000 crore.

DoT optimistic of finalising unified licence norms by Dec-end

Last Updated: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 21:59

The Department of Telecommunications is optimistic of finalising guidelines for unified licence regime by December.

Unitech files application to withdraw petition from CLB

Last Updated: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 21:45

On October 11, Unitech had announced its exit from the telecom joint venture Unitech Wireless, which operates under the Uninor brand name, by selling its entire 32.75 percent stake to the Norwegian firm.

Telenor can bid for spectrum only with Uninor: Court

Last Updated: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 22:05

Telenor holds 67.25 percent stake in Unitech Wireless, which operates under the brand name 'Uninor'. Realty firm Unitech holds the remaining 32.75 percent in the company.

HC defers hearing on Unitech Wireless' plea on its sale

Last Updated: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 20:06

The court postponed the hearing after it was submitted that there was no urgency as the Supreme Court has already extended the deadline to January 11 for the Centre to conclude the auction process for the grant of 2G spectrum licenses.

Foreign investors can claim damage under certain condition: AG

Last Updated: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 00:09

Foreign investors having stake in telecom companies whose licences were quashed by Supreme Court in the 2G case can seek claim for damages if the promoters are being prosecuted, according to a legal view given to the government.