French actress Audrey Tautou feels uncomfortable on the red carpet and isn`t interested in that aspect of her career.
The Rio de Janeiro 2016 summer Olympics move firmly into the spotlight this week with the International Olympic Committee in town to monitor progress and the soccer World Cup wrapping up.
Former South African cricketer Herschelle Gibbs found himself under unexpected spotlight during the trial of Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius for the alleged murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
Jennifer Hudson has revealed that she has embraced her thirties as she feels more settled.
The market for art will be highlighted at the India Art Summit this week.
Jay Bajaj`s short environmental film "The man who saved the Taj Mahal" is being screened at the ongoing 41st International Film festival of India. The movie focuses on lawyer-activist M.C. Mehta`s solo battle to save the Taj Mahal, plagued by ‘marble cancer`.
Amid prolonged uncertainty over the fate of the BJP government in Karnataka, a new single bench of HC will hear tomorrow the petitions filed by 11 rebel BJP MLAs challenging their disqualification, two days after a split verdict.
Steven Slater, a flight attendant
who is now a folk hero of sorts after he cursed passengers,
grabbed a beer and dramatically activated an emergency chute
to flee from a plane at the JFK Airport here, is out on bail.
FIFA will open a disciplinary
investigation into Zinedine Zidane`s conduct in the World Cup
final, when he was sent off for head-butting Italy`s Marco
Germany striker Miroslav Klose finished top scorer at the World Cup with five goals.
Italy beat France 5-3 on penalties in the World Cup final after the teams finished level at 1-1 after extra time in a dramatic encounter in which French playmaker Zinedine Zidane was sent off.
A repentant Zinedine Zidane is
believed to have apologised to his Les Blues teammates after
his vicious headbutt led to a sent-off and possibly cost
France the World Cup.
Sunday's World Cup Final started so well for Zinedine Zidane in his last match before retirement.
Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger scored two goals and forced the other as World Cup hosts Germany beat Portugal 3-1 to claim third place on Saturday (July 8).
The ongoing football World Cup will be remembered more for the covering tackles and clean sheets rather than the glittering goals.
Zinedine Zidane rediscovered his game in Germany, while Ronaldinho left his in Barcelona. Fans behaved on the streets, yet referees couldn't cope with on-the-field cheats.
Germany captain Michael Ballack
admits his dream of lifting the world cup is all but over as
he will be almost 34 when the 2010 world cup in South Africa
Back in the heady days of July 1998 when France's multi-ethnic soccer team won its first World Cup, political leaders predicted the victory would heal the nation's social divisions and overcome racial tensions.
Willy Sagnol reckons Sunday's World Cup final between France and Italy is an evenly balanced affair apart from one crucial factor - Zinedine Zidane.
Record-breaking Argentine referee Horacio Elizondo is likely to be the most important and controversial man on the pitch in Sunday's World Cup final between Italy and France.
A chosen few have the golden chance to ride into their international retirement as World Cup champions.
Argentine striker Lionel Messi returned home on Thursday (July 6) a disappointed man, after his country was kicked out of the World Cup at the quarter final stage.
Italy's Alessandro Del Piero says that taking part in the World Cup final will represent the greatest moment of his career.
As the World Cup draws to a close in Germany, all eyes will be on South Africa which in 2010 will be the first African country to host the championship.
Two World Cups, no finals, a whole lot of regret. Four years after he was forced to watch Germany lose 2-0 to Brazil because he'd been banned from the World Cup final, Michael Ballack saw his second chance at the title match slip when Italy's Fabio Grosso scored the winner in the last minutes of extra time in the Dortmund semifinal.
Cristiano Ronaldo, a hate figure in England after his involvement in Wayne Rooney's sending off, discovered that the animosity has spread well beyond English shores.
Portugal star Luis Figo reflected on the thin line between success and failure after a penalty by former Real Madrid clubmate Zinedine Zidane sent France through to the World Cup final 1-0 at his own country's expense.
France playmaker Zinedine Zidane, who will end his glorious career in the World Cup final against Italy on Sunday, has been short-listed for the prestigious FIFA Golden Ball award.
First task for Portugal ahead of their World Cup semi final against France - forget the past.
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org