French actress Audrey Tautou feels uncomfortable on the red carpet and isn`t interested in that aspect of her career.
The Rio de Janeiro 2016 summer Olympics move firmly into the spotlight this week with the International Olympic Committee in town to monitor progress and the soccer World Cup wrapping up.
Former South African cricketer Herschelle Gibbs found himself under unexpected spotlight during the trial of Paralympic star Oscar Pistorius for the alleged murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.
Jennifer Hudson has revealed that she has embraced her thirties as she feels more settled.
The market for art will be highlighted at the India Art Summit this week.
Jay Bajaj`s short environmental film "The man who saved the Taj Mahal" is being screened at the ongoing 41st International Film festival of India. The movie focuses on lawyer-activist M.C. Mehta`s solo battle to save the Taj Mahal, plagued by ‘marble cancer`.
Amid prolonged uncertainty over the fate of the BJP government in Karnataka, a new single bench of HC will hear tomorrow the petitions filed by 11 rebel BJP MLAs challenging their disqualification, two days after a split verdict.
Steven Slater, a flight attendant
who is now a folk hero of sorts after he cursed passengers,
grabbed a beer and dramatically activated an emergency chute
to flee from a plane at the JFK Airport here, is out on bail.
FIFA will open a disciplinary
investigation into Zinedine Zidane`s conduct in the World Cup
final, when he was sent off for head-butting Italy`s Marco
Sunday's World Cup Final started so well for Zinedine Zidane in his last match before retirement.
Germany striker Miroslav Klose finished top scorer at the World Cup with five goals.
Italy beat France 5-3 on penalties in the World Cup final after the teams finished level at 1-1 after extra time in a dramatic encounter in which French playmaker Zinedine Zidane was sent off.
A repentant Zinedine Zidane is
believed to have apologised to his Les Blues teammates after
his vicious headbutt led to a sent-off and possibly cost
France the World Cup.
Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger scored two goals and forced the other as World Cup hosts Germany beat Portugal 3-1 to claim third place on Saturday (July 8).
The ongoing football World Cup will be remembered more for the covering tackles and clean sheets rather than the glittering goals.
Zinedine Zidane rediscovered his game in Germany, while Ronaldinho left his in Barcelona. Fans behaved on the streets, yet referees couldn't cope with on-the-field cheats.
Germany captain Michael Ballack
admits his dream of lifting the world cup is all but over as
he will be almost 34 when the 2010 world cup in South Africa
Willy Sagnol reckons Sunday's World Cup final between France and Italy is an evenly balanced affair apart from one crucial factor - Zinedine Zidane.
Record-breaking Argentine referee Horacio Elizondo is likely to be the most important and controversial man on the pitch in Sunday's World Cup final between Italy and France.
Back in the heady days of July 1998 when France's multi-ethnic soccer team won its first World Cup, political leaders predicted the victory would heal the nation's social divisions and overcome racial tensions.
A chosen few have the golden chance to ride into their international retirement as World Cup champions.
Argentine striker Lionel Messi returned home on Thursday (July 6) a disappointed man, after his country was kicked out of the World Cup at the quarter final stage.
Italy's Alessandro Del Piero says that taking part in the World Cup final will represent the greatest moment of his career.
As the World Cup draws to a close in Germany, all eyes will be on South Africa which in 2010 will be the first African country to host the championship.
Two World Cups, no finals, a whole lot of regret. Four years after he was forced to watch Germany lose 2-0 to Brazil because he'd been banned from the World Cup final, Michael Ballack saw his second chance at the title match slip when Italy's Fabio Grosso scored the winner in the last minutes of extra time in the Dortmund semifinal.
Cristiano Ronaldo, a hate figure in England after his involvement in Wayne Rooney's sending off, discovered that the animosity has spread well beyond English shores.
Portugal star Luis Figo reflected on the thin line between success and failure after a penalty by former Real Madrid clubmate Zinedine Zidane sent France through to the World Cup final 1-0 at his own country's expense.
France playmaker Zinedine Zidane, who will end his glorious career in the World Cup final against Italy on Sunday, has been short-listed for the prestigious FIFA Golden Ball award.
First task for Portugal ahead of their World Cup semi final against France - forget the past.
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- Fast N Facts @ 9 am
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 2 pm
- Watch: Fast n Facts @ 4 pm
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Beware of infectious diseases during rainy season!
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Arvind Kejriwal knew Jitender Singh Tomar possessed fake degree: Yogendra Yadav
- Delhi HC refuses to restrain Meena from entering ACB office
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- AAP stages protests, demands resignation of four 'tainted' BJP ministers over alleged impropriety
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro via video-conferencing
- Protest in Bihar over lynching of school director
- Tunisia terror attack: Have to counter ISIS' poisonous ideology, says David Cameron
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!
- Solar plane takes off for Hawaii from Japan