PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf today backed the Pakistan cricket team, which lost in the semifinals of the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka, saying the players performance was satisfactory.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Wednesday suspended the six umpires caught in a TV sting, which alleged that they were willing to fix Twenty20 matches, pending the completion of an inquiry against them.
Sri Lanka Cricket and Pakistan Cricket Board today began investigations into the television sting operation which alleged that the umpires were willing to fix T20 matches.
Gamini Dissanayaka, one of three local umpires implicated by an Indian TV channel over a match fixing inquiry outrightly rejected the accusation.
Former Pakistan bowler Sarfraz Nawaz has slammed T20 captain Mohammad Hafeez for the national team`s ouster from the World Twenty20 semi-finals in Sri Lanka, and said the latter should resign as T20 captain.
West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Julian Hunte says the West Indies` sensational performance to win the Twenty20 World Cup was a great gift to supporters all over the world.
Close on the heels of five Indian cricketers found involved in spot-fixing, a latest sting operation has revealed that six umpires were ready to be bribed during the recently concluded Twenty20 World Cup and Sri Lanka Premier League in August.
Two Sri Lankan youth unable to put up with the national team`s defeat in the ICC World Twenty20 cricket final against the West Indies have committed suicide, police said here today.
Young Virat Kohli was the lone Indian cricketer to find a place in the ICC World Twenty20 men`s XI of the tournament, which was dominated by champions West Indies and runners-up Sri Lanka.
Pakistan Twenty20 captain Mohammad Hafeez has said it was not his decision but the team management’s to oust Abdul Razzaq from the World Twenty20 Cup semi-final clash against Sri Lanka.
Mahela Jayawardene has relinquished team’s Twenty20 captaincy after they lost World Cup final by 36 runs to West Indies in Colombo on Sunday, and he insisted the decision to quit as captain had nothing to do with their fourth consecutive loss in the finals of a major ICC tournament since 2007.
Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq is likely to face disciplinary action from the Pakistan Cricket Board due to his outburst against captain Mohammad Hafeez.
Australia Twenty20 captain George Bailey has said squads for this summer`s three T20I internationals would be selected with an eye on the next World T20.
Skipper Mithali Raj is the highest placed Indian in the latest ICC T20I Women`s Rankings as she remained static in the third position.
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Separatists call for Kashmir bandh today
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Watch: Exclusive report on joint exercise conducted by India and Oman soldiers
- India defeat Australia by eight wickets, reclaim Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- Public outrage after fire breaks out in Neelganga area in Ujjain, around 20 shops burnt
- Delhi MCD Election: What concerns do Delhiites have in their mind?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of an afternoon nap
- DNA: IT dept attaches assets worth Rs 33 crore 'linked' to Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain
- Kolkata: Fire breaks out in Golden Park hotel
- DNA: Should Muslim women get justice based on Muslim personal law or constitution of India?
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- India vs Australia: Gujarat Lions coach Brad Hodge tenders timely apology to Virat Kohli and 'people of India'; says he meant no 'ill intention'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Fuming Sakshi Rawat asked if 'is there any privacy left' or not after husband MS Dhoni's private Aadhaar info leaked on Twitter
- Rupee hits 17-month high; gains past 65 vs US dollar
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- Oppo sacks Chinese employee who insulted Indian flag
- 'Man of action` Yogi Adityanath comes to the rescue of a woman facing torture over dowry
- With Yogi Adityanath as CM, UP 'babus' give up 'nawabi' habits, embrace new work culture