PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf today backed the Pakistan cricket team, which lost in the semifinals of the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka, saying the players performance was satisfactory.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Wednesday suspended the six umpires caught in a TV sting, which alleged that they were willing to fix Twenty20 matches, pending the completion of an inquiry against them.
Sri Lanka Cricket and Pakistan Cricket Board today began investigations into the television sting operation which alleged that the umpires were willing to fix T20 matches.
Gamini Dissanayaka, one of three local umpires implicated by an Indian TV channel over a match fixing inquiry outrightly rejected the accusation.
Former Pakistan bowler Sarfraz Nawaz has slammed T20 captain Mohammad Hafeez for the national team`s ouster from the World Twenty20 semi-finals in Sri Lanka, and said the latter should resign as T20 captain.
West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Julian Hunte says the West Indies` sensational performance to win the Twenty20 World Cup was a great gift to supporters all over the world.
Close on the heels of five Indian cricketers found involved in spot-fixing, a latest sting operation has revealed that six umpires were ready to be bribed during the recently concluded Twenty20 World Cup and Sri Lanka Premier League in August.
Two Sri Lankan youth unable to put up with the national team`s defeat in the ICC World Twenty20 cricket final against the West Indies have committed suicide, police said here today.
Young Virat Kohli was the lone Indian cricketer to find a place in the ICC World Twenty20 men`s XI of the tournament, which was dominated by champions West Indies and runners-up Sri Lanka.
Pakistan Twenty20 captain Mohammad Hafeez has said it was not his decision but the team management’s to oust Abdul Razzaq from the World Twenty20 Cup semi-final clash against Sri Lanka.
Mahela Jayawardene has relinquished team’s Twenty20 captaincy after they lost World Cup final by 36 runs to West Indies in Colombo on Sunday, and he insisted the decision to quit as captain had nothing to do with their fourth consecutive loss in the finals of a major ICC tournament since 2007.
Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq is likely to face disciplinary action from the Pakistan Cricket Board due to his outburst against captain Mohammad Hafeez.
Australia Twenty20 captain George Bailey has said squads for this summer`s three T20I internationals would be selected with an eye on the next World T20.
Skipper Mithali Raj is the highest placed Indian in the latest ICC T20I Women`s Rankings as she remained static in the third position.
- DNA: US lists Pak among countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- Rahul Gandhi seen with Chinese envoy in undated photo
- Dr Subhash Chandra files criminal defamation case against Prashant Bhushan
- US keeps Pakistan on list of countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- DNA: Analysing the problem of power theft in India
- DNA: Anti-Pakistan protests erupt in Sindh
- Karnataka wants separate flag, sets up panel to explore
- BSP supremo Mayawati resigns from Rajya Sabha
- Monsoon showers in Delhi-NCR cause waterlogging, traffic jams in many areas
- DNA: Analysing whether right to privacy is fundamental or not
- DNA :Karnataka wants separate state flag, Siddaramaiah govt sets up panel
- Amarnath terror attack: Commandos deployed for safety of Kanwar Yatra
- DNA: Analysis of water conservation by Israel
- J&K: Cloudburst hits Doda district; casualties reported
- DNA: Non Stop News
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- Seven needles removed from body of 3-year-old girl allegedly abused by mother's employer
- Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar: Here is how states voted in Presidential Election 2017
- 1100 jobs in IMD: SSC Scientific Assistants Recruitment 2017; check ssconline.nic.in
- Doklam stand-off: This is how India is countering China at the border
- Rahul Gandhi's picture with Chinese envoy surfaces; Priyanka and Robert Vadra also seen in undated photo
- WATCH: Sunny Leone accepts Chris Gayle's challenge, clean bowls left-hander with superb dance on 'Laila Main Laila' song
- Presidential Election 2017 Results: The states where Meira Kumar got more votes than Ram Nath Kovind
- ‘Nepotism rocks’ barb: Kangana Ranaut affected by Varun Dhawan, Karan Johar and Saif Ali Khan’s joke?
- Dokalam stand-off: 'Hindu nationalism risks pushing India into war with China'
- Irfan Pathan's 'un-Islamic' post: Muslim cleric Maulana Sajid Rashidi hits out at all-rounder's 'shameful act'
- PM Benjamin Netanyahu denounces EU's repeated criticism of Israel as an 'anomaly'
- Just married and confused about starting a family? Here's your guide
- Samajwadi Party MP Naresh Agarwal links names of Hindu gods with alcohol, gets threat call
- Sunanda Pushkar death: HC asks Delhi Police to submit status report in three days