With no other country from the region participating in the South Asian Zone qualification event, the competition was restricted to the Indian paddlers alone.
Both men's and women's teamsmade history by entering the finals of second division of the World Championships.
There are 24 teams in the Second Division divided into four groups of six teams each in both sections.
The Indian men paddlers have done it only second time in 20 editions. For the women, this was the fourth occasion to claim silver.
The Championships, originally scheduled for October, had to pushed to December due to local municipal election in Surat.
All the Indian players expectedly entered the round of 128 in men's singles of the the Asian Table Tennis Championships at Pattaya, Thailand.
The Indian girls finished 10th at the ITF junior world tennis after losing the play-off match 1-2 to Canada, here.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh stamped his authority, though with a bit of struggle, to beat his PSPB colleague Harmeet Desai 4-2 to win the men's singles final in the Inter-Institutional Table Tennis Championships at the Thyagraj Stadium here on Sunday.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh on Saturday entered the men's singles semifinals of the RSPB-hosted 45th All India International Table Tennis Championships after outplaying unseeded Sudhanshu Grover, but top-seed G Sathiyan bowed out in the quarterfinals here.
The Pakistan squad has got the Indian visa to compete in the South Asian Cadet and Junior Table Tennis Championships, beginning at the Talkatora Stadium here tomorrow.
Women paddlers Archana Kamath and Selena Selvakumar topped their respective groups to advance to the main round in the cadet section of the SET Thailand Open junior and sub-junior table tennis tournament here on Friday.
According to the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) official website, an estimated 450 million people across the world followed the 2015 World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China, making it the most followed table tennis event in history.
The international table tennis leader has pressed Olympic chief Thomas Bach for the sport to get an extra gold medal in the already crowded timetable for the 2020 Tokyo Games.
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) has decided against hiring a foreign coach for the Rio Olympics, a move that will adversely affect the players' preparation, especially the women's team, for the Summer Games in August next year.
Top-seeded Ding Ning of China battled back from an injury scare to regain her world championship crown by beating second-seeded compatriot Liu Shiwen 7-11, 15-13, 11-7, 11-9, 9-11, 4-11, 11-8 in a dramatic women`s singles final on Saturday.
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Global Investors' Summit: In conversation with Jharkhand CM Raghubar Das
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Air pollution claims two Indian lives every minute: Study
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Kota: Fire breaks out at petrol pump in Rajasthan
- Indian Premier League 10: Mohammad Azharuddin calls MS Dhoni's sacking as RPS captain a 'third-rate decision'
- Do you suffer from chronic knee pain? Online treatment may help you!
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni travelled in train with Jharkhand teammates
- IPL 10 Auction: Gautam Gambhir highlights prime reason behind Ishant Sharma's failure to bag deal