With no other country from the region participating in the South Asian Zone qualification event, the competition was restricted to the Indian paddlers alone.
Both men's and women's teamsmade history by entering the finals of second division of the World Championships.
There are 24 teams in the Second Division divided into four groups of six teams each in both sections.
The Indian men paddlers have done it only second time in 20 editions. For the women, this was the fourth occasion to claim silver.
The Championships, originally scheduled for October, had to pushed to December due to local municipal election in Surat.
All the Indian players expectedly entered the round of 128 in men's singles of the the Asian Table Tennis Championships at Pattaya, Thailand.
The Indian girls finished 10th at the ITF junior world tennis after losing the play-off match 1-2 to Canada, here.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh stamped his authority, though with a bit of struggle, to beat his PSPB colleague Harmeet Desai 4-2 to win the men's singles final in the Inter-Institutional Table Tennis Championships at the Thyagraj Stadium here on Sunday.
National champion Soumyajit Ghosh on Saturday entered the men's singles semifinals of the RSPB-hosted 45th All India International Table Tennis Championships after outplaying unseeded Sudhanshu Grover, but top-seed G Sathiyan bowed out in the quarterfinals here.
The Pakistan squad has got the Indian visa to compete in the South Asian Cadet and Junior Table Tennis Championships, beginning at the Talkatora Stadium here tomorrow.
Women paddlers Archana Kamath and Selena Selvakumar topped their respective groups to advance to the main round in the cadet section of the SET Thailand Open junior and sub-junior table tennis tournament here on Friday.
According to the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) official website, an estimated 450 million people across the world followed the 2015 World Table Tennis Championships in Suzhou, China, making it the most followed table tennis event in history.
The international table tennis leader has pressed Olympic chief Thomas Bach for the sport to get an extra gold medal in the already crowded timetable for the 2020 Tokyo Games.
The Table Tennis Federation of India (TTFI) has decided against hiring a foreign coach for the Rio Olympics, a move that will adversely affect the players' preparation, especially the women's team, for the Summer Games in August next year.
Top-seeded Ding Ning of China battled back from an injury scare to regain her world championship crown by beating second-seeded compatriot Liu Shiwen 7-11, 15-13, 11-7, 11-9, 9-11, 4-11, 11-8 in a dramatic women`s singles final on Saturday.
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Ram Mandir should be constructed within legal framework: BJP chief Amit Shah
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- Sanjay Manjrekar criticises Mithali Raj and co for Women's World Cup final defeat, faces heat on Twitter
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA