Capital-based theatre group Sparsh Natya Rang will present its third annual festival Hriday Manch from Thursday.
`Sherlock` star Benedict Cumberbatch`s `Hamlet` will begin performances on August 5, 2015.
London`s theatre scene is experiencing a "golden period," better attended than Premier League football and taking more at the box office than cinema in the capital, a report said.
Two of Mahesh Bhatt`s films `Arth` and `Daddy` have been adapted into the play format and the filmmaker feels this move will be a stimulus for the theatre industry.
He left an indelible mark on the Indian TV viewers when he first played Lord Krishna over 25 years ago in B.R. Chopra`s `Mahabharata`. Now he will reprise the role in the play `Chakravyuh`.
Playwrights from across India have converged here to exchange views on how a play evolves into a stage production at the first National Theatre Seminar that began here Wednesday.
A week-long seventh edition of International Theatre Festival of Kerala (ITFoK) would be held here from January 11 next, organisers Kerala Sangeetha Nataka Akademi announced today.
Actress Nicole Kidman is in negotiations to star in two plays back-to-back in London`s West End.
Did you miss the staging of `Side-Effects` last time in the capital? Here is an opportunity to catch up on the Saleem Shah-directed play, which is coming here once again at the weekend.
Actress Lindsay Lohan is "thrilled" to be heading back to work after landing her first stage role in West End.
Lindsay Lohan has confirmed that she will make her West End debut as a sexy temp character Karen in David Mamet`s Speed-the-Plow.
George Lucas has selected Chicago to build his `Star Wars` museum and movie memorabilia, slated to open in 2018.
`Clinton: The Musical` is all set to make its New York stage premiere as part of the New York Musical Theatre Festival.
Troubled star Lindsay Lohan is set to make her West End debut in David Mamet`s `Speed-the-Plow`.
The glorious `Chakravyuh` of the epic Mahabharata, where Abhimanyu single-handedly took on seven Kaurvas, will be reinterpreted in a play to be staged here Sunday to represent its relevance in today`s time.
The Oscar-winning creators of the animation `Frozen` are planning a stage musical entitled `Up Here`, the show`s producer has said.
Oscar-winning film `The Sting` is heading to Broadway as a new musical.
'Ankia Naat Bhaona' - 15th century dance drama from Assam - will be performed by 50 Assamese film actresses
More than 50 artists here have contributed to an exhibition that remembers the "brave" Dec 16, 2012 gang-rape victim, and people who face atrocities in everyday life.
`The Great Gatsby` star Carey Mulligan says she was happy to take a role in stage show `Skylight`.
Actor Hugh Jackman, who will host the 68th Tony awards next month, is returning to the Broadway stage with `The River`.
Hollywood star Kevin Spacey has decided to distribute his theatre documentary himself.
Hollywood star and two time academy award winner Kevin Spacey feels film is a director`s and editor`s medium while theatre is an actor`s platform.
President Pranab Mukherjee will Friday present the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowships and Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for 2013, an official statement said.
What is on Emma Watson`s mind? The actress is ready to take on `new challenges`, such as making her stage debut after completing her studies this summer.
`Nirbhaya`, the Yael Farber- directed award winning play about the December 16 gangrape, will make its debut on Indian stage on March 17.
The French government has bestowed the prestigious award of "Chevalier des Arts et des Lettres "(Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters)" on Indian actor- director Rahul Vohra (48) for his contribution to cinema and theatre.
India needs many regional schools of theatre, including in the northeast, said National School of Drama chairperson Ratan Thiyam.
Noted theatre and film actor Mohan Agashe Friday said children should be viewed as "intelligent" theatre audiences.
Emergency services said nearly 90 people were injured when part of the ceiling collapsed during a performance at a packed London theatre, bringing the city`s West End entertainment district to a standstill.
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- India will pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia's case against Pakistan if SC permits: Sushma Swaraj
- Maggi controversy: Case against Big B, Madhuri Dixit and Preity Zinta
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Vidya Balan gets honorary doctorate for her contribution to Indian cinema
- Exclusive: Candid chat with superstar Amitabh Bachchan!
- Saurabh Kalia's death: Modi govt refuses to take Pakistan to international court
- RBI cuts repo rate by 0.25% to 7.25%
- How to store food during summer!
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- LG says AAP govt has no powers to appoint Bihar cops in Delhi ACB
- US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter visits Eastern Naval Command in Visakhapatnam
- Watch: The grand trailer of Rana Daggubati's `Baahubali`
- Modi govt’s novel initiative: ‘khoya-paya’ web portal to track missing children launched
- Amitabh Bachchan's `Piku` continues to mint money at BO
- Ravi Shastri appointed Team India's interim coach for Bangladesh tour
- Drought fears grow as IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon
- Minorities are as much a part of India as anyone else: PM Modi assures Muslim leaders