The eleventh edition of ICC's biennial event will be held in Bangladesh from January 27 to February 14. Three-time winners India are placed in Group D with Ireland, New Zealand and Nepal.
Describing his stint in the IPL for Rajasthan Royals (RR) as an invaluable learning curve, Kerala`s wicketkeeper-batsman Sanju Samson expressed his wish to improve his game and become a good finisher learning the nuances of the game from a legend like Rahul Dravid.
Having won all their group stage matches convincingly, defending champions India will have a slight edge when they lock horns with England in the quarterfinals of the Under-19 World Cup here on Saturday.
Maharashtra batsman Vijay Zol will not be available for his state side in the Ranji Trophy final match due to Under-19 World Cup preparatory camp in Bangalore.
India will defend its Under-19 World Cup title in the captainship of Vijay Zol, who recently led India to junior Asia Cup victory, as the talented batsman has been named skipper of the 15-man squad.
Former India captain Rahul Dravid today said that one of the benefits youngsters can reap by competing in the IPL is that it gives them the experience of playing in front of large crowd even before representing India, besides giving them opportunities to share the dressing room with legends.
Under-19 World Cup winner Harmeet Singh will be part of the Cheteshwar Pujara-led Rest of India side for the Irani Cup tie against reigning Ranji Trophy champions Rajasthan. The match has been shifted to Bangalore from Jaipur.
India has brought home the U-19 World Cup but this does not in any way guarantee a national berth for the young stars.
West Indies colts captain Kraigg Braithwaite says his team performed well despite its failure to capture the Under-19 world cup down under.
Rajya Sabha on Monday congratulated India Under-19 cricket team for winning the one-day international World Cup by beating defending champions Australia.
India captain Unmukt Chand on Sunday hailed the "team spirit and obedience" of his boys after they upstaged formidable defending champions Australia to clinch their third Under-19 World Cup title.
Chasing a third title, India skipper Unmukt Chand on Saturday averred that his side has peaked at the right time as it braces up to take on the formidable in the final of the Under-19 World Cup on Sunday.
India colts medium pacers-Sandeep Sharma and Ravikant Singh claimed three wickets each to bowl Pakistan colts out for a mere 136 in the 3rd quarter-finals of the Under-19 World Cup in Townsville on Monday.
India opener Virender Sehwag believes that the ICC U-19 World Cup provides a youngster the confidence that he can compete against the best and hoped a few cricketers will graduate from this month`s event in Australia to the senior squad for the World Cup in 2015.
Former champions India have been grouped with West Indies, Zimbabwe and Papua New Guinea for the preliminary stage of the ICC Under-19 World Cup to be held next year in Australia.
ICC President David Morgan has praised the cricketers for upholding the Spirit of Cricket during a highly successful ICC U19 Cricket World Cup (CWC) 2010 which concluded in New Zealand on Saturday.
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- DNA: Today in history, 25th February, 2017
- DNA: Seven Earth-like planets found around a single star
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to identify job opportunities in small cities?
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC? Part II
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Man asks Karan Johar for his WhatsApp number on Twitter, KJo's reply will make you go LOL!