The eleventh edition of ICC's biennial event will be held in Bangladesh from January 27 to February 14. Three-time winners India are placed in Group D with Ireland, New Zealand and Nepal.
Describing his stint in the IPL for Rajasthan Royals (RR) as an invaluable learning curve, Kerala`s wicketkeeper-batsman Sanju Samson expressed his wish to improve his game and become a good finisher learning the nuances of the game from a legend like Rahul Dravid.
Having won all their group stage matches convincingly, defending champions India will have a slight edge when they lock horns with England in the quarterfinals of the Under-19 World Cup here on Saturday.
Maharashtra batsman Vijay Zol will not be available for his state side in the Ranji Trophy final match due to Under-19 World Cup preparatory camp in Bangalore.
India will defend its Under-19 World Cup title in the captainship of Vijay Zol, who recently led India to junior Asia Cup victory, as the talented batsman has been named skipper of the 15-man squad.
Former India captain Rahul Dravid today said that one of the benefits youngsters can reap by competing in the IPL is that it gives them the experience of playing in front of large crowd even before representing India, besides giving them opportunities to share the dressing room with legends.
Under-19 World Cup winner Harmeet Singh will be part of the Cheteshwar Pujara-led Rest of India side for the Irani Cup tie against reigning Ranji Trophy champions Rajasthan. The match has been shifted to Bangalore from Jaipur.
India has brought home the U-19 World Cup but this does not in any way guarantee a national berth for the young stars.
West Indies colts captain Kraigg Braithwaite says his team performed well despite its failure to capture the Under-19 world cup down under.
Rajya Sabha on Monday congratulated India Under-19 cricket team for winning the one-day international World Cup by beating defending champions Australia.
India captain Unmukt Chand on Sunday hailed the "team spirit and obedience" of his boys after they upstaged formidable defending champions Australia to clinch their third Under-19 World Cup title.
Chasing a third title, India skipper Unmukt Chand on Saturday averred that his side has peaked at the right time as it braces up to take on the formidable in the final of the Under-19 World Cup on Sunday.
India colts medium pacers-Sandeep Sharma and Ravikant Singh claimed three wickets each to bowl Pakistan colts out for a mere 136 in the 3rd quarter-finals of the Under-19 World Cup in Townsville on Monday.
India opener Virender Sehwag believes that the ICC U-19 World Cup provides a youngster the confidence that he can compete against the best and hoped a few cricketers will graduate from this month`s event in Australia to the senior squad for the World Cup in 2015.
Former champions India have been grouped with West Indies, Zimbabwe and Papua New Guinea for the preliminary stage of the ICC Under-19 World Cup to be held next year in Australia.
ICC President David Morgan has praised the cricketers for upholding the Spirit of Cricket during a highly successful ICC U19 Cricket World Cup (CWC) 2010 which concluded in New Zealand on Saturday.
- DNA: US lists Pak among countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- Rahul Gandhi seen with Chinese envoy in undated photo
- Dr Subhash Chandra files criminal defamation case against Prashant Bhushan
- US keeps Pakistan on list of countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- DNA: Analysing the problem of power theft in India
- DNA: Anti-Pakistan protests erupt in Sindh
- Karnataka wants separate flag, sets up panel to explore
- BSP supremo Mayawati resigns from Rajya Sabha
- Monsoon showers in Delhi-NCR cause waterlogging, traffic jams in many areas
- DNA: Analysing whether right to privacy is fundamental or not
- DNA :Karnataka wants separate state flag, Siddaramaiah govt sets up panel
- Amarnath terror attack: Commandos deployed for safety of Kanwar Yatra
- DNA: Analysis of water conservation by Israel
- J&K: Cloudburst hits Doda district; casualties reported
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- Seven needles removed from body of 3-year-old girl allegedly abused by mother's employer
- Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar: Here is how states voted in Presidential Election 2017
- 1100 jobs in IMD: SSC Scientific Assistants Recruitment 2017; check ssconline.nic.in
- Doklam stand-off: This is how India is countering China at the border
- Rahul Gandhi's picture with Chinese envoy surfaces; Priyanka and Robert Vadra also seen in undated photo
- WATCH: Sunny Leone accepts Chris Gayle's challenge, clean bowls left-hander with superb dance on 'Laila Main Laila' song
- ‘Nepotism rocks’ barb: Kangana Ranaut affected by Varun Dhawan, Karan Johar and Saif Ali Khan’s joke?
- Dokalam stand-off: 'Hindu nationalism risks pushing India into war with China'
- Irfan Pathan's 'un-Islamic' post: Muslim cleric Maulana Sajid Rashidi hits out at all-rounder's 'shameful act'
- PM Benjamin Netanyahu denounces EU's repeated criticism of Israel as an 'anomaly'
- Just married and confused about starting a family? Here's your guide
- Sunanda Pushkar death: HC asks Delhi Police to submit status report in three days
- Samajwadi Party MP Naresh Agarwal links names of Hindu gods with alcohol, gets threat call
- US lists Pakistan among countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists