The Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) has named the north- end of the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium at Uppal after VVS Laxman, who announced his retirement from international cricket last week.
Life after Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman, the two stars of Indian cricket who retired in the aftermath of the 0-8 debacle overseas last season, may look difficult but Cheteshwar Pujara offers a ray of hope.
The sudden announcement of retirement by VVS Laxman has sparked off a controversy amid talk that the stylish batsman was not treated well by the Cricket Board.
New Zealand skipper Ross Taylor today joined a host of former and current Indian cricketers in paying tributes to VVS Laxman who retired from international cricket yesterday, saying that India would find it difficult to get a replacement of his calibre.
Paying glowing tributes to VVS Laxman, who quit international cricket yesterday, selection committee chairman Krishnamachari Srikkanth today said that the just-retired batsman should have got more recognition for his match-winning performances for the country.
Former India skipper Sourav Ganguly today clarified that he never suggested through his comments that VVS Laxman does not enjoy captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s support.
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Saturday said that VVS Laxman has sent out a ``loud and clear`` message to the selectors by deciding to quit international cricket with immediate effect.
VVS Laxman`s decision to retire with immediate effect didn`t just surprise the cricketing fraternity but also shocked his better half Sailaja.
Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni paid rich tribute to the veteran batsman saying that his absence would be felt by the entire team.
Indian cricketer Vangipurappu Venkata Sai Laxman`s 16-year journey came to an end after the Hyderabadi cricketer announced his retirement with immediate effect on Saturday.
Seniormost batsman Sachin Tendulkar feels that VVS Laxman`s void in the Indian team will be difficult to fulfill and he will miss the Hyderabadi stylist who announced his retirement with immediate effect.
India`s stylish batsman V. V. S. Laxman, who announced his retirement from international cricket Saturday, said Pakistan`s legendary fast bowler Wasim Akram was the toughest bowler he faced.
The cricketing fraternity hailed Indian middle-order batsman as he drew the curtains over his brilliant career Saturday after having been picked for the home Test series against New Zealand starting next week.
V.V.S. Laxman`s decision to quit international cricket has created an emptiness at the Eden Gardens - an iconic venue with which the stylish Hyderabadi`s love affair continued for over a decade.
Former India skipper and current chairman of selection committee, Krishnamachari Srikkanth, on Saturday expressed “shock” over middle order batsman VVS Laxman’s retirement from international cricket ahead of the New Zealand series.
The Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) on Saturday paid glowing tribute to VVS Laxman, saying that his stunning knocks in crisis situations shaped the history of Indian cricket.
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- Watch - Bike riders swept away with flood water in West Bengal
- Cabinet reshuffle soon: JD(U) likely to get ministerial berths
- Bihar Assembly trust vote: Some Congress MLAs may back Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Zee News remains number 1 Hindi channel for 29th week
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- Watch : 2-storey building collapses in Ahmedabad
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Indian women's cricket team
- Dr Subhash Chandra raises cable licensing issue in Parliament
- Watch: Drums being used to warn people about floods in Gujarat
- Gujarat floods: Death toll rises to 123
- Watch - The ten biggest international news of the day
- Watch: Akshay Kumar hails Indian Women's Cricket Team
- Nitish Kumar's swearing-in ceremony: As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- 'Not a sign of healthy democracy': Mayawati on Nitish Kumar's JD(U) alliance with BJP
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Panama Papers case: Pakistan's Supreme Court disqualifies PM Nawaz Sharif
- Kapil Sharma Show: Sumona Chakravarti will NEVER work with Krushna Abhishek—Here's why
- Know how many times Nitish Kumar resigned from govt in past
- Will Nitish Kumar's 'ghar wapsi' in NDA help BJP in Rajya Sabha? Here are the numbers
- French lawmakers approve law banning nepotism
- Wish you were our PM, Pakistan would've changed: Woman tweets to Sushma Swaraj
- Nitish Kumar's floor test in Bihar Assembly tomorrow: A quick look at party-wise position
- Lalu Yadav's 'love for son' Tejashwi responsible for split in grand alliance: RJD MLA