The Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) has named the north- end of the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium at Uppal after VVS Laxman, who announced his retirement from international cricket last week.
Life after Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman, the two stars of Indian cricket who retired in the aftermath of the 0-8 debacle overseas last season, may look difficult but Cheteshwar Pujara offers a ray of hope.
The sudden announcement of retirement by VVS Laxman has sparked off a controversy amid talk that the stylish batsman was not treated well by the Cricket Board.
New Zealand skipper Ross Taylor today joined a host of former and current Indian cricketers in paying tributes to VVS Laxman who retired from international cricket yesterday, saying that India would find it difficult to get a replacement of his calibre.
Paying glowing tributes to VVS Laxman, who quit international cricket yesterday, selection committee chairman Krishnamachari Srikkanth today said that the just-retired batsman should have got more recognition for his match-winning performances for the country.
Former India skipper Sourav Ganguly today clarified that he never suggested through his comments that VVS Laxman does not enjoy captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s support.
Former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Saturday said that VVS Laxman has sent out a ``loud and clear`` message to the selectors by deciding to quit international cricket with immediate effect.
VVS Laxman`s decision to retire with immediate effect didn`t just surprise the cricketing fraternity but also shocked his better half Sailaja.
Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni paid rich tribute to the veteran batsman saying that his absence would be felt by the entire team.
Indian cricketer Vangipurappu Venkata Sai Laxman`s 16-year journey came to an end after the Hyderabadi cricketer announced his retirement with immediate effect on Saturday.
Seniormost batsman Sachin Tendulkar feels that VVS Laxman`s void in the Indian team will be difficult to fulfill and he will miss the Hyderabadi stylist who announced his retirement with immediate effect.
India`s stylish batsman V. V. S. Laxman, who announced his retirement from international cricket Saturday, said Pakistan`s legendary fast bowler Wasim Akram was the toughest bowler he faced.
The cricketing fraternity hailed Indian middle-order batsman as he drew the curtains over his brilliant career Saturday after having been picked for the home Test series against New Zealand starting next week.
V.V.S. Laxman`s decision to quit international cricket has created an emptiness at the Eden Gardens - an iconic venue with which the stylish Hyderabadi`s love affair continued for over a decade.
Former India skipper and current chairman of selection committee, Krishnamachari Srikkanth, on Saturday expressed “shock” over middle order batsman VVS Laxman’s retirement from international cricket ahead of the New Zealand series.
The Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) on Saturday paid glowing tribute to VVS Laxman, saying that his stunning knocks in crisis situations shaped the history of Indian cricket.
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Gujarat ATS arrest two people for planning a bomb blast in Rajkot's Chotila temple
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Why is religion used as a weapon against 'freedom of speech'?
- Delhi HC rejects Mukhtar Ansari's parole plea for campaigning in UP polls
- UP polls: Development meaningless without Ram Mandir, says BJP's Vinay Katiyar
- India capable of building space station, says ISRO chief Kiran Kumar
- Thane crime branch arrest 18 people in Army recruitment paper leak case
- ABVP stages flag march from Ramjas College to DU's Faculty of Arts
- UP: At least 20 children injured as school bus overturns in Kanpur
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Drunk businessman molests air hostesses on Jet Airways Mumbai-Nagpur flight
- BMC elections results: Both BJP, Shiv Sena should share Mumbai Mayor's post for 2.5 years each, says RSS
- Delhi twins drown in washing machine after mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly
- We win some and lose some, Sachin Tendulkar backs India to give Australia a strong reply in Bengaluru
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Ramjas protest: ABVP member's serious allegation on AISA activists, says 'they tore my kurta, misbehaved during clash'
- THIS girl wanted Narendra Modi's 'Shiva stole', she tweeted her wish; you won't believe what PM did!
- Harbhajan Singh reacts to India's humiliating loss, gets trolled by David Warner in return
- MS Dhoni slams 94-ball century against Chhattisgarh in Vijay Hazare Trophy