The tainted trio of Geeta Devi, Manpreet Kaur and Harkirat Kaur, had purchased food supplements from a shop in Ludhiana.
Punam Yadav bagged gold medals in both senior and junior women's categories in 2015 Commonwealth Youth, Junior & Senior weightlifting championships.
Albanian weightlifters Daniel Godelli, Romela Begaj and Hysen Pulaku have received heavy punishment for failing dope tests from the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
In what could be termed as one of the biggest doping scandals in recent years, as many as 21 weightlifters have been provisionally suspended by the Indian Weightlifting Federation after testing positive for banned substances.
Bulgaria confirmed to withdraw from next month's European weightlifting championships on Thursday after 11 of its athletes tested positive for steroids, a media report said on Friday.
The Bulgarian weightlifting team will not take part in the upcoming European championships in Tbilisi, Georgia, after eleven athletes tested positive for doping, the Bulgarian federation announced on Saturday.
Bulgarian former Olympic weightlifting champion Milen Dobrev has died at just 35 after suffering a heart-attack, his family said Saturday.
India's junior women lifters, Pramila Krisani and Joti Mal bagged a silver and a bronze medal, respectively at the 17th Asian Youth (boys & girls) and 22nd Junior Women Championships in Doha, Qatar.
There is not much to show in terms of stellar performances but the fact that Indian weightlifters managed to bury the ghost of doping, which has haunted them for long, was no less an achievement in what can easily be considered a good year for the sport.
At the end of Day 9 of Incheon Asian Games, 14 World records have already broken. As compared to the last edition, where only three new world records were created, the 17th edition of Asian Games is proving lot more competitive.
Gentle giant Zhou Lulu on Friday raised the heaviest single weight ever recorded by a woman weightlifter at the Asian Games but insisted she is just "an ordinary girl."
Superheavyweight Zhou Lulu hoisted the largest single weight ever by a woman to give China an eighth Asian Games weightlifting gold on Friday.
Five facts about Iranian Hercules, Behdad Salimi, who competes for the Asian Games superheavy (+105kg) weightlifting title on Friday:
Kim Un Ju became the latest North Korean weightlifter to set a world record at the Asian Games during her gold medal winning effort in the women`s 75kg category on Thursday.
North Korea`s Kim Un-Guk broke three world records on his way to gold in the 62kg class weightlifting at the Asian Games on Sunday.
Having raised the country's expectations after winning 12 'clean' medals in the recently concluded Glasgow Commonwealth Games (CWG), the Indian weightlifting contingent will be eyeing more glory in the 17th Asian Games starting Friday in the South Korean city of Incheon.
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Uri terror attack will not be forgotten, PM Modi warns Pakistan
- Is PM Modi trying to enhance the image of Muslims in Indian politics? - Part II
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Pakistan in UNGA on Monday
- DNA: Analysis of Sushma Swaraj's UNGA speech targeting Pak and terrorism - Part II
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part III
- Sushma Swaraj to expose Nawaz Sharif in UNGA today
- ISRO successfully launches PSLV-C35 with eight satellites
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- India-Pakistan Indus Water Treaty - Here's all you need to know
- Shoe thrown at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi during 'Kisan Yatra' in UP's Sitapur
- Did you know you’ve been charging your smartphone wrong?
- Four extremely weird diet tricks to help you lose weight!