The tainted trio of Geeta Devi, Manpreet Kaur and Harkirat Kaur, had purchased food supplements from a shop in Ludhiana.
Punam Yadav bagged gold medals in both senior and junior women's categories in 2015 Commonwealth Youth, Junior & Senior weightlifting championships.
Albanian weightlifters Daniel Godelli, Romela Begaj and Hysen Pulaku have received heavy punishment for failing dope tests from the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
In what could be termed as one of the biggest doping scandals in recent years, as many as 21 weightlifters have been provisionally suspended by the Indian Weightlifting Federation after testing positive for banned substances.
Bulgaria confirmed to withdraw from next month's European weightlifting championships on Thursday after 11 of its athletes tested positive for steroids, a media report said on Friday.
The Bulgarian weightlifting team will not take part in the upcoming European championships in Tbilisi, Georgia, after eleven athletes tested positive for doping, the Bulgarian federation announced on Saturday.
Bulgarian former Olympic weightlifting champion Milen Dobrev has died at just 35 after suffering a heart-attack, his family said Saturday.
India's junior women lifters, Pramila Krisani and Joti Mal bagged a silver and a bronze medal, respectively at the 17th Asian Youth (boys & girls) and 22nd Junior Women Championships in Doha, Qatar.
There is not much to show in terms of stellar performances but the fact that Indian weightlifters managed to bury the ghost of doping, which has haunted them for long, was no less an achievement in what can easily be considered a good year for the sport.
At the end of Day 9 of Incheon Asian Games, 14 World records have already broken. As compared to the last edition, where only three new world records were created, the 17th edition of Asian Games is proving lot more competitive.
Gentle giant Zhou Lulu on Friday raised the heaviest single weight ever recorded by a woman weightlifter at the Asian Games but insisted she is just "an ordinary girl."
Superheavyweight Zhou Lulu hoisted the largest single weight ever by a woman to give China an eighth Asian Games weightlifting gold on Friday.
Five facts about Iranian Hercules, Behdad Salimi, who competes for the Asian Games superheavy (+105kg) weightlifting title on Friday:
Kim Un Ju became the latest North Korean weightlifter to set a world record at the Asian Games during her gold medal winning effort in the women`s 75kg category on Thursday.
North Korea`s Kim Un-Guk broke three world records on his way to gold in the 62kg class weightlifting at the Asian Games on Sunday.
Having raised the country's expectations after winning 12 'clean' medals in the recently concluded Glasgow Commonwealth Games (CWG), the Indian weightlifting contingent will be eyeing more glory in the 17th Asian Games starting Friday in the South Korean city of Incheon.
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- DNA: Today in History | December 2, 2016
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Govt clarifies exemption limits for seizure of gold jewellery
- DNA: Special ground report on BSF soldiers posted at India-Pak border in Barmer
- DNA: Why is Mamata Banerjee mixing politics with Indian Army's routine exercise?
- DNA: Analysis of cashless revolution in Dhasai village of Maharashtra
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Yuvraj Singh set to marry Gurbasant Kaur as per Hindu customs in Goa today
- PM Narendra Modi addresses BJP's Parivartan rally in UP's Moradabad: Highlights
- US defence bill pledges $900 million to Pakistan, but with conditions
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information
- Biggest-ever seizure of cash in new currency! I-T recovers Rs 5.7 crore in Rs 2,000 notes in Bengaluru, Chennai, Erode
- Reliance Jio: How to get home delivery of Jio SIM
- The Great Khali dubs impact of demonetisation minor in front of long-term benefits
- Neither Hrithik nor Salman! Anushka to team up with Katrina Kaif on 'Koffee with Karan'