The tainted trio of Geeta Devi, Manpreet Kaur and Harkirat Kaur, had purchased food supplements from a shop in Ludhiana.
Punam Yadav bagged gold medals in both senior and junior women's categories in 2015 Commonwealth Youth, Junior & Senior weightlifting championships.
Albanian weightlifters Daniel Godelli, Romela Begaj and Hysen Pulaku have received heavy punishment for failing dope tests from the International Weightlifting Federation (IWF).
In what could be termed as one of the biggest doping scandals in recent years, as many as 21 weightlifters have been provisionally suspended by the Indian Weightlifting Federation after testing positive for banned substances.
Bulgaria confirmed to withdraw from next month's European weightlifting championships on Thursday after 11 of its athletes tested positive for steroids, a media report said on Friday.
The Bulgarian weightlifting team will not take part in the upcoming European championships in Tbilisi, Georgia, after eleven athletes tested positive for doping, the Bulgarian federation announced on Saturday.
Bulgarian former Olympic weightlifting champion Milen Dobrev has died at just 35 after suffering a heart-attack, his family said Saturday.
India's junior women lifters, Pramila Krisani and Joti Mal bagged a silver and a bronze medal, respectively at the 17th Asian Youth (boys & girls) and 22nd Junior Women Championships in Doha, Qatar.
There is not much to show in terms of stellar performances but the fact that Indian weightlifters managed to bury the ghost of doping, which has haunted them for long, was no less an achievement in what can easily be considered a good year for the sport.
At the end of Day 9 of Incheon Asian Games, 14 World records have already broken. As compared to the last edition, where only three new world records were created, the 17th edition of Asian Games is proving lot more competitive.
Gentle giant Zhou Lulu on Friday raised the heaviest single weight ever recorded by a woman weightlifter at the Asian Games but insisted she is just "an ordinary girl."
Superheavyweight Zhou Lulu hoisted the largest single weight ever by a woman to give China an eighth Asian Games weightlifting gold on Friday.
Five facts about Iranian Hercules, Behdad Salimi, who competes for the Asian Games superheavy (+105kg) weightlifting title on Friday:
Kim Un Ju became the latest North Korean weightlifter to set a world record at the Asian Games during her gold medal winning effort in the women`s 75kg category on Thursday.
North Korea`s Kim Un-Guk broke three world records on his way to gold in the 62kg class weightlifting at the Asian Games on Sunday.
Having raised the country's expectations after winning 12 'clean' medals in the recently concluded Glasgow Commonwealth Games (CWG), the Indian weightlifting contingent will be eyeing more glory in the 17th Asian Games starting Friday in the South Korean city of Incheon.
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Separatists call for Kashmir bandh today
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Mahakaushal Express train derailed near Mahoba station, many passengers injured
- Kolkata: Fire breaks out in Golden Park hotel
- India defeat Australia by eight wickets, reclaim Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- Public outrage after fire breaks out in Neelganga area in Ujjain, around 20 shops burnt
- DNA: IT dept attaches assets worth Rs 33 crore 'linked' to Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain
- UP govt cancels board exams in 54 centres after leap in cheating cases
- Delhi MCD Election: What concerns do Delhiites have in their mind?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Narendra Modi third most successful PM in Indian history: Ramachandra Guha
- India vs Australia: Gujarat Lions coach Brad Hodge tenders timely apology to Virat Kohli and 'people of India'; says he meant no 'ill intention'
- Fuming Sakshi Rawat asked if 'is there any privacy left' or not after husband MS Dhoni's private Aadhaar info leaked on Twitter
- With Yogi Adityanath as CM, UP 'babus' give up 'nawabi' habits, embrace new work culture
- Rupee hits 17-month high; gains past 65 vs US dollar
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- Oppo sacks Chinese employee who insulted Indian flag
- 'Man of action` Yogi Adityanath comes to the rescue of a woman facing torture over dowry
- Samajwadi Party rift widens, Mulayam cancels dinner after party MLAs warned not to attend
- 'Power greedy Aam Aadmi Party looted citizens of Delhi'