To commemorate various events in the life of Mahatma Gandhi, the postal department on Monday released four special covers for philately lovers.
In a major reshuffle in IPS cadre in West Bengal, around 45 officials have either been promoted or transferred to various posts.
The Mumbai Police reached Kolkata on Tuesday to question Siddharth Das who has claimed to be the biological father of Sheena Bora.
The BJP on Monday sought to scotch speculation of its tacit understanding with the Trinamool Congress, saying the cordial relationship between the Centre and the state government should not be misunderstood as bonhomie.
Former Trinamool Congress leader Asif Khan's wife Tabassum on Sunday lodged a complaint with a city police station alleging that the Bidhannagar police, who had arrested him, conducted a search operation at her residence last night without any warrant.
The Trinamool Congress on Sunday lodged a complaint with the Election Commission accusing BJP President Amit Shah of flouting the election Model Code of Conduct by staying at a government guest house during his campaign for the Assembly bye-elections in West Bengal.
Targeting West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee once again in the multi-crore rupee Saradha scam, suspended Trinamool Congress Chief MP Kunal Ghosh on Saturday demanded that police should grill TMC chief adding that “for truth to emerge, Mamata should be questioned.”
Buoyed by its vote swell in West Bengal in Lok Sabha polls, BJP President Amit Shah on Saturday embarked on a two-day visit to the state in his bid to strengthen the party base and consolidate the gains to project it as an alternative to Left and Trinamool Congress there.
The Enforcement Directorate (ED) which initiated the money laundering probe into the multi-crore Saradha scam in April 2013, was in the process of finalising its investigation, ED officials said.
After Trinamool Congress MP Tapas Pal,a party MLA has sparked controversy with his "insensitive" remark that "as long as the world exists, rape will be there", inviting strong condemnation from women's rights groups and parties with BJP demanding police action against the legislator.
Senior Congress leader and
External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday questioned
the Left Front government`s stand on acquisition of farmland
to set up industry in West Bengal.
This is the first time in the 33 year of history of the Left Front rule in West Bengal that they seem to be on a sticky wicket, especially after the blow they received in the Panchayat elections in May last year and subsequent polls to 11 municipalities in several districts and in some by-elections held recently.
Industry vs farmland
Politics of dictatorship
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part III
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part II
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU
- Tearful farewell to Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa
- Missing Army Captain Shikhar Deep found in Faizabad
- No trace of Army Capt Shikhardeep, now missing for six days
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- All out for 0! Chasing 120 to win, team fails to score a single run in Kent indoor game
- Historic Jain temple demolished in Lahore to make way for metro train
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- An open letter to Sunny Leone—See who wrote it!
- Sanam Re movie review: Check out audience verdict on Pulkit Samrat, Yami Gautam starrer!