Rafael Nadal avenged his shock 2012 Wimbledon defeat to Lukas Rosol with a tense and hard-fought 4-6 7-6 (8/6) 6-4 6-4 win over the big-hitting Czech.
Former world number one and double Australian Open champion Victoria Azarenka was knocked out of Wimbledon on Wednesday, losing in the second round to Serbia`s Bojana Jovanovski.
French Open champion Rafael Nadal will face his 2012 Wimbledon nemesis, Lukas Rosol, on Thursday, knowing he will have to up his game to avoid another second-round exit at the hands of the Czech world number 52.
Top seed Novak Djokovic had to dig deep to reach the Wimbledon third round with a 6-4, 6-3, 6-7 (5/7), 7-6 (7/5) victory over Czech veteran Radek Stepanek on Wednesday.
Lukas Rosol on Wednesday backed himself to deliver another Wimbledon knockout blow to Rafael Nadal and repeat his stunning 2012 defeat of the Spaniard which sent shockwaves through the sport.
Chinese second seed Li Na swept into the Wimbledon third round with an imperious 6-2, 6-2 victory over Austria`s Yvonne Meusburger on Wednesday.
There`s a storm in a teacup brewing at Wimbledon: British tennis-lovers have been told not to bring Thermos flasks of tea to the All England Club.
Top seed Novak Djokovic takes on Czech veteran Radek Stepanek for a place in the Wimbledon last 32 Wednesday hoping to avoid the fate suffered by his coach Boris Becker in 1987.
World number one Rafael Nadal buried the misery of his 2013 Wimbledon first round exit on Tuesday to set up a rematch with Lukas Rosol, the Czech who condemned him to a humiliating second round loss in 2012.
Andy Murray will take a trip into the unknown against Slovenian world number 92 Blaz Rola as he continues the defence of his Wimbledon title in the second round on Wednesday.
Stanislas Wawrinka bludgeoned his way into the second round of Wimbledon for the first time in three years with a comfortable 6-3 6-4 6-3 victory over Portugal`s Joao Sousa on Tuesday.
France`s Jo-Wilfried Tsonga made it through to the second round at Wimbledon on Tuesday after playing just one game of tennis.
Japanese 10th seed Kei Nishikori won through to the second round at Wimbledon on Tuesday with a straight sets win over France`s Kenny de Schepper.
Tearful Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli returned to Centre Court on Tuesday only to hear herself introduced as `Maria` by a blundering announcer.
A hawk is reportedly the real star of Wimbledon, as it protects the world`s most prestigious tennis tournament from pigeons every year.
Maria Sharapova`s boyfriend Grigor Dimitrov has revealed that Rihanna would be his dream Wimbledon companion.
On day one of Wimbledon 2014, both the finalists of last editions Men`s singles event, Andy Murray and Novak Djokovic, crossed the first hurdle to enter the second round of Wimbledon. In the first singles match, played at Centre Court, the defending champion Murray crushed Belgium`s David Goffin in straight sets.
Wimbledon organisers have announced a crackdown on players aiming to sneak colours into their outfits over the next two weeks, extending right down to their underwear.
Five-time Wimbledon champion Venus Williams chalked up her first victory at the tournament for three years, adopting an underdog mentality to help her to dispose of Spaniard Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor 6-4 4-6 6-2.
World No.1 Rafael Nadal will begin his Wimbledoncampaign against Slovakian Martin Klizan on Centre Court on Tuesday hoping to ease the painful memories of his past two years in southwest London.
Former US Open champion Sam Stosur`s unhappy union with Wimbledon continued on Monday as the Australian became the highest seed to fall by the wayside after a 6-3 6-4 first-round defeat by Belgian Yanina Wickmayer.
Maria Sharapova arrived at the pre-Wimbledon party in a Porsche 918 Spyder that was driven by former F1 star Mark Webber.
Apart from the final five seconds of her Wimbledon singles final last year Marion Bartoli is not missing her tennis career.
Andy Murray warmed up for the start of his Wimbledon title defence by swatting away suggestions he could crack under the pressure of carrying Britain`s sporting hopes on his shoulders.
Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic enter Wimbledon plagued by injury fears and self-doubt, leaving Roger Federer convinced that this could be a golden opportunity to capture a record eighth title.
Marion Bartoli took an emotional trip down memory lane as she returned to Wimbledon on Sunday but the retired champion insisted she is at peace with her decision not to defend the title she won last year.
In the first days of summer the best players in the world occupy the most famous tennis courts. Among those who dream of Wimbledon glory are four ladies and three gentlemen from Croatia.
Feliciano Lopez proved that there is more than one left-handed Spaniard capable of doing damage at Wimbledon when he beat Richard Gasquet to win the Aegon International grasscourt title at Eastbourne on Saturday.
Novak Djokovic insists the wrist injury that forced him to pull out of a Wimbledon warm-up event this week won`t affect his bid to win the grasscourt Grand Slam.
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces
- Tamil Nadu: Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro
- Beware of infectious diseases during rainy season!
- Fast N Facts @ 9 am
- Watch: Fast n Facts @ 4 pm
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Aapke Sitare, June 29: Astro prediction for Aries, Taurus, Gemini and Cancer
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Arvind Kejriwal knew Jitender Singh Tomar possessed fake degree: Yogendra Yadav
- Delhi HC refuses to restrain Meena from entering ACB office
- AAP stages protests, demands resignation of four 'tainted' BJP ministers over alleged impropriety
- Protest in Bihar over lynching of school director
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa launches first phase of Chennai Metro via video-conferencing
- Lalitgate: Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje should quit, says RSS ideologue Govindacharya
- Tunisia terror attack: Have to counter ISIS' poisonous ideology, says David Cameron
- Solar plane takes off for Hawaii from Japan